|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
(a) Turn himself in to the police.
(b) Kill Hickey.
(c) Kill Abby.
(d) Rape Karen.
2. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(a) Bus station.
(d) Animal Clinic.
3. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Peter McDill.
(d) Joe Hickey.
4. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
(a) She gives Hickey the okay when he calls again.
(b) She tries to shoot him.
(c) She apoligizes for what she has done to Will's family.
(d) She tells Hickey that Will is trying to fight with her.
5. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She gives him a sleeping pill.
(b) She locks him in the basement.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She tries to get him drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
2. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
3. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
4. What disease does Abby have?
5. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
2. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
3. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
4. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
5. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
6. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
7. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
8. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
9. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
10. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)