|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
(a) Obtain Cheryl's help.
(b) Kill the kidnapper.
(c) Escape from the hotel.
(d) Not get the ransom money.
2. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
(a) Just crackers.
(b) Just red meat.
(c) Just fruits and vegetables.
(d) Anything sweet.
3. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
(a) A physical therapist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
4. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets through to the police.
(b) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(c) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
(d) The battery of the phone dies.
5. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
(a) During college.
(b) At an AA meeting.
(c) At a strip club.
(d) Through a mutual friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
2. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
3. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
4. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
5. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
2. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
3. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
4. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
6. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
7. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
8. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
9. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
10. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)