|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He pays her way through college.
(b) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
(c) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
(d) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
2. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
3. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a cabin in the woods.
(d) In the hospital.
4. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A bottle of poison.
(b) A knife.
(c) Will's gun.
(d) A rag soaked in chloroform.
5. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) An additive cancer drug.
(b) To control psychosis.
(c) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
(d) To control paralysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
2. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
3. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
4. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
5. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
2. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
3. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
4. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
5. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
6. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
7. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
8. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
9. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
10. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)