|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
(a) 1 mother.
(b) 3 mothers.
(c) 5 mothers.
(d) 7 mothers.
2. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
3. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Call her husband.
(b) Find medication to drug Hickey.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Find a weapon.
4. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
(a) Karen and Abby will be bought back home.
(b) Abby will be set free.
(c) Will will not be killed.
(d) Karen and Abby will be released in a public area.
5. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
(a) On the floor, in the kitchen.
(b) In the yard.
(c) Huey's pocket.
(d) A landline in the bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
2. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
3. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
4. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
5. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
3. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
4. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
5. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
6. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
7. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
8. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
9. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
10. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)