|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
(a) She apoligizes for what she has done to Will's family.
(b) She tells Hickey that Will is trying to fight with her.
(c) She gives Hickey the okay when he calls again.
(d) She tries to shoot him.
2. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
(c) Dr. McDill.
3. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
(a) Special Agent Chalmers.
(b) Karen Jennings.
(c) Will Jennings.
(d) The local police.
4. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
(a) Takes the cell phone away from her.
(b) Kills her mother.
(c) Ties her up and puts her in the basement.
(d) He threathens to hurt her.
5. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
2. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
3. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
4. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
5. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
2. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
3. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
4. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
5. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
6. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
7. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
8. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
9. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
10. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)