|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
2. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
(a) Will Jennings.
(b) Karen Jennings.
(c) Special Agent Chalmers.
(d) The local police.
3. Karen is able to talk to who while Will continues to talk to the cell phone provider?
(d) The police.
4. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
(a) Huey's pocket.
(b) On the floor, in the kitchen.
(c) In the yard.
(d) A landline in the bedroom.
5. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) The police will refuse to respond.
(b) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(c) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(d) All the phone lines have been cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
2. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
3. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
4. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
5. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
2. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
3. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
4. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
5. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
6. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
7. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
8. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)