|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the ransom amounts configured?
(a) It's enough to rescue the kidnappers child who is also held at ransom.
(b) Its enough for the kidnappers to live for an entire year.
(c) It's enough for the kidnappers to buy a rare sculpture.
(d) It's enough to pay off the police who are on the case.
2. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
(b) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
(c) He pays her way through college.
(d) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
3. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(b) Bus station.
(d) Animal Clinic.
4. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
(a) Kill Hickey.
(b) Rape Karen.
(c) Kill Abby.
(d) Turn himself in to the police.
5. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
(b) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(c) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
(d) Forget about the past kidnapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
2. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
3. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
4. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
5. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
2. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
3. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
4. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
5. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
6. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
7. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
8. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
9. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
10. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)