|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In a caring family environment.
(b) In an abusive home.
(c) In a foster home.
(d) As part of a wealthy family.
2. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
3. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the kitchen counter.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) On the deck.
4. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(b) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(c) The police will refuse to respond.
(d) All the phone lines have been cut.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Karen Jennings.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Will Jennings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
2. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
3. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
4. Hickey tells Will that Huey killed whom to get revenge?
5. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
2. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
3. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
4. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
6. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
7. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
8. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
9. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
10. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)