|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
(a) Rape Karen.
(b) Kill Abby.
(c) Kill Hickey.
(d) Turn himself in to the police.
2. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
(a) Half of the ransom money.
(b) The entire ransom.
(c) A guarantee that he will not go to the police after the ordeal.
(d) Help to get out of the abusive relationship.
3. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(a) Animal Clinic.
(c) Bus station.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Karen Jennings.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Will Jennings.
5. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) To control paralysis.
(b) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
(c) An additive cancer drug.
(d) To control psychosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
2. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
3. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
4. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
5. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
2. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
3. What instructions are given to Will from Hickey in Chapter 18 after Hickey discovers why the police are following him?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
5. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
6. In Chapter 19, how does Hickey realize that Will and Cheryl have been lying about their location?
7. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
8. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
9. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
10. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)