|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
(a) The police are notified and do not respond.
(b) Hickey rapes Karen.
(c) Will is injured.
(d) Huey finds Abby.
2. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
(a) Peter McDill.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Margaret McDill.
(d) Huey Cotton.
3. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Abby Jennings.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Joe Hickey.
4. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
(a) Just red meat.
(b) Anything sweet.
(c) Just fruits and vegetables.
(d) Just crackers.
5. What course of action does Will want to take to find Abby after he discovers that she has Huey's cell phone?
(a) Go directly to the cabin.
(b) Trace the cell phone call.
(c) Get the FBI involved.
(d) Call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
2. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
3. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
4. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
5. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
2. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
3. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
4. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
5. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
6. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
7. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
8. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
9. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
10. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)