|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
(a) In the yard.
(b) On the floor, in the kitchen.
(c) A landline in the bedroom.
(d) Huey's pocket.
2. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
(a) He threathens to hurt her.
(b) Kills her mother.
(c) Takes the cell phone away from her.
(d) Ties her up and puts her in the basement.
3. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 2 days.
4. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
5. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
(b) Abby will taken out of the country.
(c) Will will become Hickey next victim.
(d) Hickey will kill Karen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
2. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
4. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
5. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
2. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
3. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
4. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
5. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
6. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
7. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
8. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
9. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
10. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)