|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
2. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her friend.
3. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) She has more than one gun.
(c) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
(d) She too was kidnapped.
4. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(b) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
(c) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
(d) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
5. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
(a) He continues to not answer.
(b) He tries his best to track the cell phone call.
(c) He is not willing to help.
(d) He does not believe Will's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
2. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
3. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
4. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
5. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
3. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
4. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
6. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
7. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
8. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)