|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
(b) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(c) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
(d) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
2. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
(a) The local police.
(b) Will Jennings.
(c) Karen Jennings.
(d) Special Agent Chalmers.
3. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
(a) Jewlrey for his wife.
(b) A famous painting.
(c) To transfer money to another bank.
(d) A rare sculpture.
4. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A bottle of poison.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rag soaked in chloroform.
5. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
(a) At an AA meeting.
(b) During college.
(c) At a strip club.
(d) Through a mutual friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
2. Karen is the chairperson of what organization?
3. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
4. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
5. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
2. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
3. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
4. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
5. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
6. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
8. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)