|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) A nutritious meal.
(c) Her favorite blanket.
(d) Abby's medication.
2. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She tries to get him drunk.
(b) She locks him in the basement.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She gives him a sleeping pill.
3. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Abby will taken out of the country.
(b) Will will become Hickey next victim.
(c) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
(d) Hickey will kill Karen.
4. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
(a) Dr. McDill.
5. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the deck.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the kitchen counter.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
3. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
4. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
5. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how does Will put his pilot's license in danger as he tries to takeoff?
2. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
3. Explain the situation which connects Will and Hickey, as depicted in Chapter 12.
4. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
5. Explain how Will finally receives Cheryl's help in Chapter 18?
6. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
7. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
8. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
9. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
10. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)