|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) Abby's medication.
(b) Her favorite blanket.
(c) A nutritious meal.
(d) A drink of water.
2. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(b) The banks are about to close.
(c) She cannot leave the house.
(d) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
3. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
(a) His neck.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hand.
(d) His thigh.
4. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) To fall asleep.
(b) Insert her diaphragm.
(c) To call Will.
(d) Use the restroom.
5. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
2. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
3. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
4. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
5. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
2. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
4. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
5. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
6. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
7. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
8. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
9. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
10. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)