|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
(a) Karen calls Will's hotel room.
(b) The kidnapping is on the news.
(c) From kidapper's Huey Cotton.
(d) From the woman who Will lets use his phone.
2. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) He came from an abusive home.
(b) He was kidnapped as a child.
(c) His father was a doctor.
(d) His mother was an alcoholic.
3. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
(a) His thigh.
(b) His neck.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hand.
4. Where does Hickey direct Karen to when they return to the Jennings's home after tending to Abby?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(d) The basement.
5. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
2. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
3. How was Cheryl raised?
4. Hickey tells Will that Huey killed whom to get revenge?
5. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
2. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
3. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
4. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
5. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
6. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
7. In Chapter 8, how does Karen take control over Hickey with the use of a scalpel?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
9. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
10. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)