|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
(a) He does not say goodbye.
(b) He waggles the wings of the airplane.
(c) He simply waves.
(d) He gives her a hug and a kiss.
2. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
(a) The police are notified and do not respond.
(b) Huey finds Abby.
(c) Hickey rapes Karen.
(d) Will is injured.
3. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
(a) Identify the criminals in a line-up.
(b) Create witness sketches.
(c) They are not able to attempt identification.
(d) Through mug shots.
4. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) On the kitchen counter.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On the deck.
5. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She surrenders.
(b) She gives him her cell phone.
(c) She gives him the ransom money.
(d) She stitches his wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
2. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
3. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
4. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
5. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
2. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
5. Explain the events of Hickey's kidnapping of Abby in Chapter 2.
6. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
7. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
8. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
9. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
10. During Chapter 9, Dr. and Mrs. McDill talk with Special Agent Chalmers about what?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)