|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
(a) A lawn-care man.
(b) A sales-man.
(c) A cousin attempting to settle her uncle's estate.
(d) A old-family friend.
2. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
3. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She too was kidnapped.
(b) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) She has more than one gun.
4. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) The kidnapper's partner.
(c) A fellow junior league member.
(d) A family friend.
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) He was kidnapped as a child.
(b) His mother was an alcoholic.
(c) His father was a doctor.
(d) He came from an abusive home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
2. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
3. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
4. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
5. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Karen holds Hickey at gunpoint in Chapter 3. How does Hickey convince her that it is in her best interest to let him go?
2. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
3. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
4. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
5. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
6. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
7. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
8. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
9. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
10. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)