|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
2. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
3. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
(a) He is mad at her.
(b) He becomes extremely excited and runs to her.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He is afraid because of her wild, unusual appearance.
4. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
(a) Scream as much as possible.
(b) Try to run away from the kidnapper.
(c) Steal the kidnapper's cell phone.
(d) Pretend like she is really sick.
5. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
2. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
3. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
5. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
2. Describe how Huey Cotton is depicted in Chapter 1.
3. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
4. Why is Abby's running away from the cabin a mistake, in Chapter 8?
5. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
6. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
7. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
8. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
9. Describe what happens when Abby finds the cell phone in Chapter 8.
10. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)