|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In a foster home.
(b) In a caring family environment.
(c) As part of a wealthy family.
(d) In an abusive home.
2. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
(a) At an AA meeting.
(b) Through a mutual friend.
(c) During college.
(d) At a strip club.
3. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Joe Hickey.
(b) Abby Jennings.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Huey Cotton.
4. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
(a) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(b) A canvas bag.
(c) A blindfold.
(d) A net.
5. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(b) More evidence needs to discovered.
(c) The ransom needs to be paid.
(d) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
2. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
3. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
4. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
5. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drug Restorase that Will is presenting at the medical association meeting, as described in Chapter 4.
2. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
4. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
5. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
6. Why is Margaret McDill convinced that she and her son Peter will surely be murdered, in Chapter 1?
7. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
8. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
9. Describe Cheryl's past, as depicted in Chapter 6.
10. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)