Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) Abby's medication.
(c) Her favorite blanket.
(d) A nutritious meal.
2. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
(a) 7 mothers.
(b) 1 mother.
(c) 5 mothers.
(d) 3 mothers.
3. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In an abusive home.
(b) In a caring family environment.
(c) As part of a wealthy family.
(d) In a foster home.
4. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She too was kidnapped.
(b) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
(c) She has more than one gun.
(d) She is innocent.
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) His mother was an alcoholic.
(b) His father was a doctor.
(c) He came from an abusive home.
(d) He was kidnapped as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
2. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
3. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
4. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
5. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Cheryl and Hickey used to blackmail men, as depicted in Chapter 11.
2. What information about Abby's location does Will want to receive from Cheryl and what does he actually receive, throughout Chapter 13?
3. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
6. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
7. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
8. Explain what drastic actions Hickey takes in the airport, in Chapter 17.
9. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
10. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)