|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
(a) Running away and trying to find Abby themselves.
(b) Continuing to call the police.
(c) Killing Hickey.
(d) Conceding like the families before them.
2. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
(a) By making loud noises.
(b) By saying that he is going to hurt her if she does not appear.
(c) By saying that hungry bears live in the forest.
(d) By saying that she might be bitten by snakes.
3. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every 2 hours.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every half hour.
4. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She surrenders.
(b) She gives him her cell phone.
(c) She gives him the ransom money.
(d) She stitches his wound.
5. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
(a) He does not say goodbye.
(b) He waggles the wings of the airplane.
(c) He simply waves.
(d) He gives her a hug and a kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
2. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
3. Karen is the chairperson of what organization?
4. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
5. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
2. What important information about Cheryl is revealed in Chapter 5 when Will tries to get Cheryl's gun?
3. What danger comes about for Abby when the McDill's go to the FBI about their son's kidnapping in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
5. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
6. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
7. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
8. What is so significant about the amount of money chosen for ransom as described in Chapter 3? What will Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl it use the money for?
9. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
10. In Chapter 5, what makes the decision for Dr. and Mrs. McDill to go to the FBI so difficult?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)