|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
(a) The police have already been called.
(b) All the phones are gone.
(c) The phone lines have been cut.
(d) The phones have all been dialed into a recorded message.
2. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the neighbor's house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the shed.
3. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(b) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
(c) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(d) The president is Margaret McDill.
4. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(b) The banks are about to close.
(c) She cannot leave the house.
(d) Will has to be one who gets the money.
5. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
2. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
3. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
4. Karen is the chairperson of what organization?
5. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Will's connection with the cell phone provider is explained. What is it?
2. Even though Will was told not to trace the cell phone call, in Chapter 9 why does he do it anyway?
3. In Chapter 5, how does Hickey display some common sense and compassion when it comes Abby?
4. In Chapter 10, what evidence is given that Huey will do anything that Hickey asks him?
5. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
6. Describe how Karen injures Hickey as part of her plan to help Abby, in Chapter 7.
7. In Chapter 5, Karen is able to speak to Abby and give her advice on how to get away from Huey. What actions does Karen tell to Abby to take?
8. Explain the relationship between Will and Karen Jennings, as described in Chapter 2.
9. How does Will Jennings first meet Cheryl Lynn Tilly in Chapter 4?
10. Describe the story that Will Jennings is instructed to tell his accountant, as described in Chapter 3.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)