|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
2. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
(b) The detectives do not believe the story.
(c) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
(d) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
3. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Abby will taken out of the country.
(b) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
(c) Will will become Hickey next victim.
(d) Hickey will kill Karen.
4. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) She cannot leave the house.
(b) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(c) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(d) The banks are about to close.
5. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
(a) She hugs him and refuses to let him go.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is unable to recognize him.
(d) She becomes incredibly excited and screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
2. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
3. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
4. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
5. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Hickey tell Will that he should not have Huey's cell phone signal traced?
2. Explain Joe Hickey's, Huey Cotton's, and Cheryl Lynn Tilly's typical kidnapping scheme, as described in Chapter 1.
3. In Chapter 5, how does the reader learn that Hickey's compassion is really non-existent?
4. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Karen cooperate with Hickey's demands of having sex with him?
6. Describe how Huey tries to get Abby to return to the cabin in Chapter 8.
7. What type of meeting is Will the keynote speaker at, as described in Chapter 2?
8. Describe Margaret McDill's attitude and James McDill's attitude while in the Jackson Police Department, in Chapter 11.
9. Describe what actions Will suggests the FBI take in order to locate Abby in Chapter 15.
10. Describe how Abby's health makes the kidnapping different from the others, as described in Chapter 4.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)