Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) Abby's medication.
(c) Her favorite blanket.
(d) A nutritious meal.
2. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
(a) 7 mothers.
(b) 1 mother.
(c) 5 mothers.
(d) 3 mothers.
3. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In an abusive home.
(b) In a caring family environment.
(c) As part of a wealthy family.
(d) In a foster home.
4. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She too was kidnapped.
(b) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
(c) She has more than one gun.
(d) She is innocent.
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) His mother was an alcoholic.
(b) His father was a doctor.
(c) He came from an abusive home.
(d) He was kidnapped as a child.
6. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) All the phone lines have been cut.
(b) The police will refuse to respond.
(c) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(d) The police are in on the kidnapping.
7. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(b) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
(c) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(d) The president is Margaret McDill.
8. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
(a) Create witness sketches.
(b) Identify the criminals in a line-up.
(c) They are not able to attempt identification.
(d) Through mug shots.
9. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
(a) Killing Hickey.
(b) Conceding like the families before them.
(c) Continuing to call the police.
(d) Running away and trying to find Abby themselves.
10. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
(a) He blindfolds her.
(b) He puts a bag over her head.
(c) He puts her in the trunk of the car.
(d) He drugs her.
11. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
(a) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Will Jennings.
(d) Joe Hickley.
12. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
(b) The police.
13. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the deck.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) On the kitchen counter.
14. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
(b) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
(c) The detectives do not believe the story.
(d) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
15. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
(b) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(c) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
(d) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
2. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
3. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
4. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
5. What course of action does Will want to take to find Abby after he discovers that she has Huey's cell phone?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)