|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
(a) In her undergarments.
(b) In her purse.
(c) In her backside.
(d) In her pocket.
2. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
(a) Will Jennings.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Abby Jennings.
(d) Huey Cotton.
3. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) The ransom needs to be paid.
(b) More evidence needs to discovered.
(c) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
(d) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
4. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(b) The police will refuse to respond.
(c) All the phone lines have been cut.
(d) The police are in on the kidnapping.
5. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
(a) His neck.
(b) His arm.
(c) His thigh.
(d) His hand.
6. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Joe Hickley.
(c) Will Jennings.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
7. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a cabin in the woods.
(d) In a hotel.
8. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
9. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
(a) He continues to not answer.
(b) He is not willing to help.
(c) He does not believe Will's story.
(d) He tries his best to track the cell phone call.
10. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
(a) Half of the ransom money.
(b) A guarantee that he will not go to the police after the ordeal.
(c) Help to get out of the abusive relationship.
(d) The entire ransom.
11. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(b) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(c) She cannot leave the house.
(d) The banks are about to close.
12. Karen is able to talk to who while Will continues to talk to the cell phone provider?
(a) The police.
13. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
(a) To transfer money to another bank.
(b) Jewlrey for his wife.
(c) A rare sculpture.
(d) A famous painting.
14. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Peter McDill.
(c) Joe Hickey.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
15. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the kitchen counter.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the deck.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
2. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
3. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
4. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
5. How are the ransom amounts configured?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)