|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
(b) The detectives do not believe the story.
(c) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
(d) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
2. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
3. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(b) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
(c) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
(d) Forget about the past kidnapping.
4. How are the ransom amounts configured?
(a) It's enough to rescue the kidnappers child who is also held at ransom.
(b) Its enough for the kidnappers to live for an entire year.
(c) It's enough for the kidnappers to buy a rare sculpture.
(d) It's enough to pay off the police who are on the case.
5. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
(a) Jewlrey for his wife.
(b) A famous painting.
(c) A rare sculpture.
(d) To transfer money to another bank.
6. What disease does Abby have?
(b) Juvenile onset diabetis.
(c) Cystic Fibrous.
7. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) More evidence needs to discovered.
(b) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(c) The ransom needs to be paid.
(d) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
8. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She tries to get him drunk.
(b) She locks him in the basement.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She gives him a sleeping pill.
9. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
(a) His hand.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His arm.
(d) His neck.
10. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
(a) By making loud noises.
(b) By saying that he is going to hurt her if she does not appear.
(c) By saying that she might be bitten by snakes.
(d) By saying that hungry bears live in the forest.
11. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She too was kidnapped.
(b) She has more than one gun.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
12. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
(a) The kidnapper's partner Huey Cotton.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The kidnapper's wife Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) A old-friend who he has not talked to in 5 years.
13. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
(a) One of Abby's toys.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) The phone.
(d) A book.
14. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
(a) He threathens to hurt her.
(b) Ties her up and puts her in the basement.
(c) Kills her mother.
(d) Takes the cell phone away from her.
15. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
(a) Dr. McDill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hickey direct Karen to when they return to the Jennings's home after tending to Abby?
2. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
3. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
4. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
5. Hickey tells Will that Huey killed whom to get revenge?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)