|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) She cannot leave the house.
(b) The banks are about to close.
(c) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(d) Will has to be one who gets the money.
2. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
(a) Joe Hickey.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Margaret McDill.
(d) Peter McDill.
3. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
(b) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
(c) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
(d) He pays her way through college.
4. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) Forget about the past kidnapping.
(b) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
(c) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(d) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
5. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
6. What course of action does Will want to take to find Abby after he discovers that she has Huey's cell phone?
(a) Get the FBI involved.
(b) Trace the cell phone call.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Go directly to the cabin.
7. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
(a) She gives Hickey the okay when he calls again.
(b) She tries to shoot him.
(c) She tells Hickey that Will is trying to fight with her.
(d) She apoligizes for what she has done to Will's family.
8. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
(a) Huey finds Abby.
(b) Hickey rapes Karen.
(c) The police are notified and do not respond.
(d) Will is injured.
9. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
10. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
(b) The police.
11. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) To call Will.
(b) Insert her diaphragm.
(c) To fall asleep.
(d) Use the restroom.
12. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A fast-food worker.
(c) A stripper.
(d) A teacher.
13. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
(a) All the phones are gone.
(b) The phone lines have been cut.
(c) The phones have all been dialed into a recorded message.
(d) The police have already been called.
14. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
(a) Through a mutual friend.
(b) During college.
(c) At an AA meeting.
(d) At a strip club.
15. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) More evidence needs to discovered.
(b) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
(c) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(d) The ransom needs to be paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
2. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
3. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
4. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
5. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)