|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
(a) She is unable to recognize him.
(b) She becomes incredibly excited and screams.
(c) She faints.
(d) She hugs him and refuses to let him go.
2. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
(a) Karen calls Will's hotel room.
(b) From kidapper's Huey Cotton.
(c) From the woman who Will lets use his phone.
(d) The kidnapping is on the news.
3. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
(a) He threathens to hurt her.
(b) Ties her up and puts her in the basement.
(c) Takes the cell phone away from her.
(d) Kills her mother.
4. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Joe Hickey.
(d) Abby Jennings.
5. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
(a) He tries his best to track the cell phone call.
(b) He does not believe Will's story.
(c) He continues to not answer.
(d) He is not willing to help.
6. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
(b) The president is Margaret McDill.
(c) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(d) The president is Abby's grandfather.
7. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
8. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In a caring family environment.
(b) In a foster home.
(c) As part of a wealthy family.
(d) In an abusive home.
9. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 year.
10. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(b) A bottle of poison.
(c) Will's gun.
(d) A knife.
11. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every half hour.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every 2 hours.
12. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the kitchen counter.
(b) On the deck.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the bathroom.
13. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
(a) A famous painting.
(b) A rare sculpture.
(c) Jewlrey for his wife.
(d) To transfer money to another bank.
14. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
(a) The kidnapper's wife Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(b) The kidnapper's partner Huey Cotton.
(c) His daughter.
(d) A old-friend who he has not talked to in 5 years.
15. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
(a) Mrs. McDill personally knew the kidnappers.
(b) Mrs. McDill knows about the current kidnapping.
(c) Hickey forced her to perform acts of sex.
(d) Hickey made her pay more ransom than he initially knew about.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
2. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
3. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
4. Karen is the chairperson of what organization?
5. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)