|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
(a) Abby Jennings.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Will Jennings.
2. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
3. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The police.
(c) Abby's doctor.
4. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
5. Karen is able to talk to who while Will continues to talk to the cell phone provider?
(d) The police.
6. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) She has more than one gun.
(c) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
(d) She too was kidnapped.
7. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
(c) The police.
8. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
(a) 5 mothers.
(b) 1 mother.
(c) 3 mothers.
(d) 7 mothers.
9. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He pays her way through college.
(b) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
(c) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
(d) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
10. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of poison.
(d) Will's gun.
11. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
(a) Joe Hickey.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Margaret McDill.
(d) Peter McDill.
12. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) Forget about the past kidnapping.
(b) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(c) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
(d) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
13. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She surrenders.
(b) She gives him the ransom money.
(c) She stitches his wound.
(d) She gives him her cell phone.
14. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
(a) He becomes extremely excited and runs to her.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He is afraid because of her wild, unusual appearance.
(d) He is mad at her.
15. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
(a) Hickey made her pay more ransom than he initially knew about.
(b) Mrs. McDill knows about the current kidnapping.
(c) Hickey forced her to perform acts of sex.
(d) Mrs. McDill personally knew the kidnappers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
2. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
3. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
4. Hickey tells Will that Huey killed whom to get revenge?
5. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)