|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
2. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) To control paralysis.
(b) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
(c) To control psychosis.
(d) An additive cancer drug.
3. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
4. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A fast-food worker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A stripper.
5. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
(a) A physical therapist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
6. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her friend.
7. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A nutritious meal.
(b) Abby's medication.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) Her favorite blanket.
8. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In a cabin in the woods.
9. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(b) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(c) She cannot leave the house.
(d) The banks are about to close.
10. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
(a) The kidnapper's partner.
(b) A fellow junior league member.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) A family friend.
11. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(b) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(c) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
(d) The president is Margaret McDill.
12. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
(a) He puts her in the trunk of the car.
(b) He blindfolds her.
(c) He drugs her.
(d) He puts a bag over her head.
13. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Find medication to drug Hickey.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call her husband.
(d) Find a weapon.
14. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Will Jennings.
(d) Joe Hickley.
15. What disease does Abby have?
(a) Juvenile onset diabetis.
(d) Cystic Fibrous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
2. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
3. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
4. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
5. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)