|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
(a) From the woman who Will lets use his phone.
(b) From kidapper's Huey Cotton.
(c) Karen calls Will's hotel room.
(d) The kidnapping is on the news.
2. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
(b) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(c) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(d) The president is Margaret McDill.
3. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She gives him the ransom money.
(b) She surrenders.
(c) She gives him her cell phone.
(d) She stitches his wound.
4. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
(a) She is unable to recognize him.
(b) She faints.
(c) She becomes incredibly excited and screams.
(d) She hugs him and refuses to let him go.
5. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) A nutritious meal.
(c) Abby's medication.
(d) Her favorite blanket.
6. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In a cabin in the woods.
7. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
(a) Turn himself in to the police.
(b) Rape Karen.
(c) Kill Abby.
(d) Kill Hickey.
8. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
(a) She tells Hickey that Will is trying to fight with her.
(b) She gives Hickey the okay when he calls again.
(c) She tries to shoot him.
(d) She apoligizes for what she has done to Will's family.
9. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
10. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
(a) A landline in the bedroom.
(b) On the floor, in the kitchen.
(c) Huey's pocket.
(d) In the yard.
11. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) Insert her diaphragm.
(b) To fall asleep.
(c) Use the restroom.
(d) To call Will.
12. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
13. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
(a) The phones have all been dialed into a recorded message.
(b) All the phones are gone.
(c) The phone lines have been cut.
(d) The police have already been called.
14. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 year.
15. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Abby Jennings.
(d) Joe Hickey.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
2. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
3. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
4. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
5. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)