|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) Will's gun.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
(a) She becomes incredibly excited and screams.
(b) She hugs him and refuses to let him go.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is unable to recognize him.
3. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
(a) Special Agent Chalmers.
(b) Will Jennings.
(c) The local police.
(d) Karen Jennings.
4. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
(a) Mrs. McDill personally knew the kidnappers.
(b) Mrs. McDill knows about the current kidnapping.
(c) Hickey made her pay more ransom than he initially knew about.
(d) Hickey forced her to perform acts of sex.
5. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
(a) A blindfold.
(b) A canvas bag.
(c) A net.
(d) A rag soaked in chloroform.
6. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(b) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
(c) More evidence needs to discovered.
(d) The ransom needs to be paid.
7. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(c) Bus station.
(d) Animal Clinic.
8. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) Forget about the past kidnapping.
(b) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(c) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
(d) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
9. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
10. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) To control paralysis.
(b) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
(c) An additive cancer drug.
(d) To control psychosis.
11. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
(a) The entire ransom.
(b) Half of the ransom money.
(c) Help to get out of the abusive relationship.
(d) A guarantee that he will not go to the police after the ordeal.
12. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Find a weapon.
(c) Call her husband.
(d) Find medication to drug Hickey.
13. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the kitchen counter.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) On the deck.
(d) On the floor.
14. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
(a) Peter McDill.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Margaret McDill.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
15. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In a foster home.
(b) In a caring family environment.
(c) As part of a wealthy family.
(d) In an abusive home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
2. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
3. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
4. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
5. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)