|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) She cannot leave the house.
(b) The banks are about to close.
(c) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(d) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
2. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A nutritious meal.
(b) Abby's medication.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) Her favorite blanket.
3. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
(a) He tries his best to track the cell phone call.
(b) He does not believe Will's story.
(c) He is not willing to help.
(d) He continues to not answer.
4. How are the ransom amounts configured?
(a) It's enough to rescue the kidnappers child who is also held at ransom.
(b) It's enough to pay off the police who are on the case.
(c) It's enough for the kidnappers to buy a rare sculpture.
(d) Its enough for the kidnappers to live for an entire year.
5. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Abby Jennings.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Joe Hickey.
6. Where does Hickey direct Karen to when they return to the Jennings's home after tending to Abby?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(d) The basement.
7. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
(a) A old-family friend.
(b) A lawn-care man.
(c) A cousin attempting to settle her uncle's estate.
(d) A sales-man.
8. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) His mother was an alcoholic.
(b) He was kidnapped as a child.
(c) He came from an abusive home.
(d) His father was a doctor.
9. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) An additive cancer drug.
(b) To control psychosis.
(c) To control paralysis.
(d) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
10. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
(a) Just crackers.
(b) Just red meat.
(c) Anything sweet.
(d) Just fruits and vegetables.
11. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
12. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
(a) He blindfolds her.
(b) He drugs her.
(c) He puts a bag over her head.
(d) He puts her in the trunk of the car.
13. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
14. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) Insert her diaphragm.
(b) To call Will.
(c) To fall asleep.
(d) Use the restroom.
15. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She has more than one gun.
(b) She too was kidnapped.
(c) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
(d) She is innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
2. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
3. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
4. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
5. When Will gives Cheryl the gun back, what does she do?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)