|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She gives him a sleeping pill.
(b) She locks him in the basement.
(c) She tries to get him drunk.
(d) She calls the police.
2. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
(a) The phone lines have been cut.
(b) All the phones are gone.
(c) The phones have all been dialed into a recorded message.
(d) The police have already been called.
3. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Hickey will kill Karen.
(b) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
(c) Abby will taken out of the country.
(d) Will will become Hickey next victim.
4. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(b) The banks are about to close.
(c) She cannot leave the house.
(d) Will has to be one who gets the money.
5. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) All the phone lines have been cut.
(b) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(c) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(d) The police will refuse to respond.
6. Where does Hickey direct Karen to when they return to the Jennings's home after tending to Abby?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The basement.
(c) The bedroom.
7. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Call her husband.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Find medication to drug Hickey.
(d) Find a weapon.
8. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(b) The president is Margaret McDill.
(c) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(d) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
9. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
10. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
11. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
12. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(b) Animal Clinic.
(d) Bus station.
13. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) To call Will.
(b) Use the restroom.
(c) To fall asleep.
(d) Insert her diaphragm.
14. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
(b) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(c) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
(d) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
15. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) More evidence needs to discovered.
(b) The ransom needs to be paid.
(c) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(d) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the ransom amounts configured?
2. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
3. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
4. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
5. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)