|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
(a) Just red meat.
(b) Anything sweet.
(c) Just fruits and vegetables.
(d) Just crackers.
2. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
(a) A fellow junior league member.
(b) A family friend.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) The kidnapper's partner.
3. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
(a) Mrs. McDill knows about the current kidnapping.
(b) Hickey forced her to perform acts of sex.
(c) Mrs. McDill personally knew the kidnappers.
(d) Hickey made her pay more ransom than he initially knew about.
4. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
(a) From the woman who Will lets use his phone.
(b) From kidapper's Huey Cotton.
(c) The kidnapping is on the news.
(d) Karen calls Will's hotel room.
5. What course of action does Will want to take to find Abby after he discovers that she has Huey's cell phone?
(a) Trace the cell phone call.
(b) Go directly to the cabin.
(c) Get the FBI involved.
(d) Call the police.
6. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A bottle of poison.
(b) A knife.
(c) Will's gun.
(d) A rag soaked in chloroform.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Will Jennings.
(c) Karen Jennings.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
8. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
9. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
(a) Escape from the hotel.
(b) Not get the ransom money.
(c) Kill the kidnapper.
(d) Obtain Cheryl's help.
10. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets through to the police.
(b) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(c) The battery of the phone dies.
(d) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
11. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Abby will taken out of the country.
(b) Hickey will kill Karen.
(c) Will will become Hickey next victim.
(d) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
12. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
(a) A book.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) One of Abby's toys.
(d) The phone.
13. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
(a) Karen Jennings.
(b) The local police.
(c) Will Jennings.
(d) Special Agent Chalmers.
14. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
(a) 5 mothers.
(b) 1 mother.
(c) 3 mothers.
(d) 7 mothers.
15. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
(b) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(c) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
(d) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
2. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
3. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
4. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
5. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)