|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) Use the restroom.
(b) To call Will.
(c) To fall asleep.
(d) Insert her diaphragm.
2. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the deck.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) On the kitchen counter.
3. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Hickey will kill Karen.
(b) Will will become Hickey next victim.
(c) Abby will taken out of the country.
(d) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
4. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Joe Hickey.
(d) Peter McDill.
5. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
(a) Continuing to call the police.
(b) Conceding like the families before them.
(c) Killing Hickey.
(d) Running away and trying to find Abby themselves.
6. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She gives him the ransom money.
(b) She gives him her cell phone.
(c) She stitches his wound.
(d) She surrenders.
7. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
(a) Pretend like she is really sick.
(b) Scream as much as possible.
(c) Try to run away from the kidnapper.
(d) Steal the kidnapper's cell phone.
8. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
(a) Not get the ransom money.
(b) Kill the kidnapper.
(c) Obtain Cheryl's help.
(d) Escape from the hotel.
9. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the neighbor's house.
10. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) He came from an abusive home.
(b) His mother was an alcoholic.
(c) He was kidnapped as a child.
(d) His father was a doctor.
11. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(c) Bus station.
(d) Animal Clinic.
12. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(b) Will's gun.
(c) A bottle of poison.
(d) A knife.
13. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
(a) A family friend.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) The kidnapper's partner.
(d) A fellow junior league member.
14. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
(a) A book.
(b) The phone.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) One of Abby's toys.
15. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Will Jennings.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Joe Hickley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
2. Karen is able to talk to who while Will continues to talk to the cell phone provider?
3. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
4. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
5. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)