|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
2. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets through to the police.
(b) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(c) The battery of the phone dies.
(d) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
3. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In a foster home.
(b) In a caring family environment.
(c) In an abusive home.
(d) As part of a wealthy family.
4. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) Abby's medication.
(c) Her favorite blanket.
(d) A nutritious meal.
5. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
(a) Help to get out of the abusive relationship.
(b) A guarantee that he will not go to the police after the ordeal.
(c) The entire ransom.
(d) Half of the ransom money.
6. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) Will's gun.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A scalpel.
7. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every 2 hours.
8. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A musician.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A physical therapist.
9. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
(a) Margaret McDill.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Peter McDill.
10. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
(a) Pretend like she is really sick.
(b) Steal the kidnapper's cell phone.
(c) Try to run away from the kidnapper.
(d) Scream as much as possible.
11. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(b) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
(c) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
(d) Forget about the past kidnapping.
12. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Joe Hickey.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Abby Jennings.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
13. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She tries to get him drunk.
(b) She gives him a sleeping pill.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She locks him in the basement.
14. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Find medication to drug Hickey.
(b) Call her husband.
(c) Find a weapon.
(d) Call the police.
15. Karen is able to talk to who while Will continues to talk to the cell phone provider?
(b) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
2. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
3. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
4. What does Hickey hit Karen on the head with?
5. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)