|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
(a) Scream as much as possible.
(b) Pretend like she is really sick.
(c) Steal the kidnapper's cell phone.
(d) Try to run away from the kidnapper.
2. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
(a) The phone lines have been cut.
(b) The phones have all been dialed into a recorded message.
(c) All the phones are gone.
(d) The police have already been called.
3. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
(b) The police.
4. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every 2 hours.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every half hour.
5. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the neighbor's house.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the woods.
6. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
(a) Kill Hickey.
(b) Rape Karen.
(c) Turn himself in to the police.
(d) Kill Abby.
7. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets through to the police.
(b) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(c) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
(d) The battery of the phone dies.
8. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She stitches his wound.
(b) She gives him the ransom money.
(c) She surrenders.
(d) She gives him her cell phone.
9. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
10. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
(a) The entire ransom.
(b) Help to get out of the abusive relationship.
(c) A guarantee that he will not go to the police after the ordeal.
(d) Half of the ransom money.
11. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
(a) By saying that he is going to hurt her if she does not appear.
(b) By saying that hungry bears live in the forest.
(c) By saying that she might be bitten by snakes.
(d) By making loud noises.
12. What is the kidnapper's excuse to not let Karen go to the bank?
(a) She cannot leave the house.
(b) It is a holiday and the banks are not open.
(c) Will has to be one who gets the money.
(d) The banks are about to close.
13. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
(a) Joe Hickley.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Will Jennings.
14. Hickey tells Will that Huey killed whom to get revenge?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Hickey's father.
(c) His own father.
(d) Three of the former kidnapped children.
15. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
(a) Abby's doctor.
(b) The police.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
2. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
3. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
4. What does Karen continue to think about as she is dancing for Hickey?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)