|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Margaret McDill.
(b) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(c) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(d) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
2. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
(a) A cousin attempting to settle her uncle's estate.
(b) A lawn-care man.
(c) A sales-man.
(d) A old-family friend.
3. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) She gets through to the police.
(b) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
(c) The battery of the phone dies.
(d) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
4. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(a) Animal Clinic.
(b) Bus station.
5. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Peter McDill.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
6. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
(a) Scream as much as possible.
(b) Steal the kidnapper's cell phone.
(c) Try to run away from the kidnapper.
(d) Pretend like she is really sick.
7. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
(a) Hickey rapes Karen.
(b) The police are notified and do not respond.
(c) Will is injured.
(d) Huey finds Abby.
8. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
9. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She gives him her cell phone.
(b) She gives him the ransom money.
(c) She stitches his wound.
(d) She surrenders.
10. Karen's resentment towards Will is from her having to give up her dream of what occupation?
(a) A musician.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A physical therapist.
11. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(b) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(c) The police will refuse to respond.
(d) All the phone lines have been cut.
12. What part of Huey's body does Karen slice open?
(a) His thigh.
(b) His neck.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hand.
13. What does Karen continue to think about as she is dancing for Hickey?
(a) Her suffering love life with Will.
(b) Her husband's medical conference.
(c) Her daughter's health.
(d) The ransom money.
14. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
(a) Create witness sketches.
(b) They are not able to attempt identification.
(c) Through mug shots.
(d) Identify the criminals in a line-up.
15. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
(a) A canvas bag.
(b) A blindfold.
(c) A net.
(d) A rag soaked in chloroform.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Cheryl raised?
2. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
3. When Karen is forced to leave, who is supposed to care for Abby?
4. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
5. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)