|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
(a) Kills her mother.
(b) He threathens to hurt her.
(c) Ties her up and puts her in the basement.
(d) Takes the cell phone away from her.
2. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
(a) On the deck.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) On the kitchen counter.
3. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) More evidence needs to discovered.
(b) The ransom needs to be paid.
(c) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
(d) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
4. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Abby Jennings.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Joe Hickey.
(d) Huey Cotton.
5. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She stitches his wound.
(b) She gives him her cell phone.
(c) She gives him the ransom money.
(d) She surrenders.
6. How does Huey frighten Abby after she runs away?
(a) By saying that hungry bears live in the forest.
(b) By saying that he is going to hurt her if she does not appear.
(c) By saying that she might be bitten by snakes.
(d) By making loud noises.
7. What does Dr. McDill find out that his wife is hiding?
(a) Hickey made her pay more ransom than he initially knew about.
(b) Mrs. McDill knows about the current kidnapping.
(c) Hickey forced her to perform acts of sex.
(d) Mrs. McDill personally knew the kidnappers.
8. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
9. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
(c) Dr. McDill.
10. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
(a) Identify the criminals in a line-up.
(b) Through mug shots.
(c) They are not able to attempt identification.
(d) Create witness sketches.
11. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
(a) Will Jennings.
(b) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Joe Hickley.
12. Karen is the chairperson of what organization?
(a) The Junior beauty pagnant.
(b) The Junior League flower show.
(c) The Mississippi Medical Association.
(d) The Junior League baseball card exhibit.
13. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In a cabin in the woods.
(d) On a boat.
14. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
(a) Go gambling.
(b) Go golfing.
(c) Do another speech.
(d) Go out drinking.
15. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A stripper.
(d) A fast-food worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the actual ringing phone Abby is trying to reach?
2. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
3. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
5. Will and Karen are given no choice but to conclude the kidnapping by __________.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)