|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
(a) He is afraid because of her wild, unusual appearance.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He is mad at her.
(d) He becomes extremely excited and runs to her.
2. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
(a) They should start going to therapy to help them cope.
(b) Go to the FBI regarding their kidnapping ordeal.
(c) That they should try to help the Jennings.
(d) Forget about the past kidnapping.
3. Where did Hickey meet Cheryl?
(a) At an AA meeting.
(b) During college.
(c) Through a mutual friend.
(d) At a strip club.
4. When Karen tends to Abby, what does she ask Abby to try to do?
(a) Steal the kidnapper's cell phone.
(b) Try to run away from the kidnapper.
(c) Scream as much as possible.
(d) Pretend like she is really sick.
5. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
(a) A blindfold.
(b) A net.
(c) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(d) A canvas bag.
6. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(b) Bus station.
(d) Animal Clinic.
7. What does Hickey threaten Will with if the police get involved?
(a) Huey will be given the order to kill Abby.
(b) Will will become Hickey next victim.
(c) Abby will taken out of the country.
(d) Hickey will kill Karen.
8. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
9. Which character arrives at the McDonald's lot and finishes a carving of a bear?
(a) Huey Cotton.
(b) Margaret McDill.
(c) Peter McDill.
(d) Joe Hickey.
10. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every 2 hours.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every hour.
11. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(c) A bottle of poison.
(d) A knife.
12. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
(a) From the woman who Will lets use his phone.
(b) The kidnapping is on the news.
(c) Karen calls Will's hotel room.
(d) From kidapper's Huey Cotton.
13. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
(b) Abby's doctor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The police.
14. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A stripper.
(c) A fast-food worker.
(d) A teacher.
15. How are the ransom amounts configured?
(a) Its enough for the kidnappers to live for an entire year.
(b) It's enough to rescue the kidnappers child who is also held at ransom.
(c) It's enough to pay off the police who are on the case.
(d) It's enough for the kidnappers to buy a rare sculpture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Abby have?
2. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
3. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
4. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
5. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)