|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
(a) Help to get out of the abusive relationship.
(b) The entire ransom.
(c) Half of the ransom money.
(d) A guarantee that he will not go to the police after the ordeal.
2. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
3. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
(a) A old-family friend.
(b) A sales-man.
(c) A cousin attempting to settle her uncle's estate.
(d) A lawn-care man.
4. Who is the only outside character who knows where Abby truly is during the kidnapping?
(a) Dr. McDill.
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) He was kidnapped as a child.
(b) His mother was an alcoholic.
(c) His father was a doctor.
(d) He came from an abusive home.
6. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
(a) Abby will be set free.
(b) Will will not be killed.
(c) Karen and Abby will be released in a public area.
(d) Karen and Abby will be bought back home.
7. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
9. Who does the kidnapper allow Karen to call after she cares for Abby?
(b) The police.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Abby's doctor.
10. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
(a) 1 mother.
(b) 7 mothers.
(c) 3 mothers.
(d) 5 mothers.
11. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
(b) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(c) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
(d) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
12. Before Hickey tries to have sex with Karen, Hickey allows Karen alone for a minute to do what?
(a) Insert her diaphragm.
(b) To call Will.
(c) Use the restroom.
(d) To fall asleep.
13. When Will attacks Cheryl, what he discover?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) She has more than one gun.
(c) She too was kidnapped.
(d) She has an assortment of bruises all over her body.
14. Dr. McDill and his wife discuss their kidnapping story with whom?
(a) Karen Jennings.
(b) The local police.
(c) Special Agent Chalmers.
(d) Will Jennings.
15. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
(a) Escape from the hotel.
(b) Not get the ransom money.
(c) Obtain Cheryl's help.
(d) Kill the kidnapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
2. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
3. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
4. When Abby finally wakes-up from the chloroform, where is she?
5. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)