|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
2. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
(a) Do another speech.
(b) Go gambling.
(c) Go golfing.
(d) Go out drinking.
3. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Margaret McDill.
(b) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(c) The president is one of Will's former patients.
(d) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
4. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) The battery of the phone dies.
(b) She gets through to the police.
(c) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
(d) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
5. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
(a) He waggles the wings of the airplane.
(b) He simply waves.
(c) He gives her a hug and a kiss.
(d) He does not say goodbye.
6. Why does Karen cooperate for Hickey and his sexual advances?
(a) Hickey drugged Karen with medication.
(b) Karen is influenced by alcohol.
(c) In hopes of sparing Abby pain or death.
(d) She starts to develop feelings for Hickey.
7. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
8. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A fast-food worker.
(d) A stripper.
9. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Find a weapon.
(b) Call her husband.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Find medication to drug Hickey.
10. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
(a) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(b) Huey Cotton.
(c) Peter McDill.
(d) Joe Hickey.
11. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
(b) The police.
12. Will does not believe that Huey has the guts to perform what action to conclude the kidnapping?
(a) Kill Abby.
(b) Rape Karen.
(c) Turn himself in to the police.
(d) Kill Hickey.
13. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) The ransom needs to be paid.
(b) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(c) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
(d) More evidence needs to discovered.
14. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A kitchen knife.
15. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
(a) A family friend.
(b) The kidnapper's partner.
(c) A fellow junior league member.
(d) Huey Cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abby returns to the cabin, where does she find the cellphone?
2. Who is the kidnapper's partner at the Jennings's home?
3. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
4. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
5. How many mothers did Karen find out that Hickey has raped?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)