|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Abby have?
(a) Juvenile onset diabetis.
(d) Cystic Fibrous.
2. How does Karen help Hickey after she injures him?
(a) She stitches his wound.
(b) She gives him the ransom money.
(c) She gives him her cell phone.
(d) She surrenders.
3. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A fast-food worker.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A stripper.
4. What is Huey doing when Abby tries to run away?
(a) Talking to Hickey on the phone.
(b) Getting food for Abby.
(d) Going to the bathroom.
5. Who intends to announce the release of the new drug Restorase?
6. Where does Abby hide when she runs away from the cabin?
(a) In the neighbor's house.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the basement.
7. What food item is the kidnapper's partner instructed to feed Abby?
(a) Just red meat.
(b) Just fruits and vegetables.
(c) Anything sweet.
(d) Just crackers.
8. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
(b) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
(c) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
(d) He pays her way through college.
9. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
(a) Every half hour.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every 2 hours.
10. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
(a) Go golfing.
(b) Go gambling.
(c) Do another speech.
(d) Go out drinking.
11. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
(a) Joe Hickey.
(b) Abby Jennings.
(c) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
(d) Huey Cotton.
12. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
13. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
14. What event happens when Hickey regains control of the kidnapping after it appears that Abby is going to be saved in Chapter 10?
(a) Will is injured.
(b) The police are notified and do not respond.
(c) Huey finds Abby.
(d) Hickey rapes Karen.
15. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
(a) A sales-man.
(b) A cousin attempting to settle her uncle's estate.
(c) A lawn-care man.
(d) A old-family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
2. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
3. What does the kidnapper agree to give to Abby after Will threatens him?
4. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
5. What does Karen continue to think about as she is dancing for Hickey?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)