|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cheryl's former occupation?
(a) A stripper.
(b) A fast-food worker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
2. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) In an abusive home.
(b) As part of a wealthy family.
(c) In a caring family environment.
(d) In a foster home.
3. What does Karen continue to think about as she is dancing for Hickey?
(a) Her husband's medical conference.
(b) Her suffering love life with Will.
(c) The ransom money.
(d) Her daughter's health.
4. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) He came from an abusive home.
(b) His mother was an alcoholic.
(c) He was kidnapped as a child.
(d) His father was a doctor.
5. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(b) A knife.
(c) Will's gun.
(d) A bottle of poison.
6. Where does Karen hide the scalpel?
(a) In her purse.
(b) In her backside.
(c) In her undergarments.
(d) In her pocket.
7. What does Karen try to do to distract Hickey once they return from the cabin to keep him from forcing himself on her?
(a) She gives him a sleeping pill.
(b) She tries to get him drunk.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She locks him in the basement.
8. Karen really uses her time alone in the bathroom to do what?
(a) Call her husband.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Find a weapon.
(d) Find medication to drug Hickey.
9. How is the president of the cell phone provider connected to the one of the characters in the book?
(a) The president is Margaret McDill.
(b) Hickey is the president of the cell phone privider.
(c) The president is Abby's grandfather.
(d) The president is one of Will's former patients.
10. Will is instructed to contact his accountant and state that he needs cash for what?
(a) Jewlrey for his wife.
(b) To transfer money to another bank.
(c) A famous painting.
(d) A rare sculpture.
11. Why can't much action be taken after the McDills tell their story?
(a) The detectives do not believe the story.
(b) For fear of placing the current kidnapped child in more danger.
(c) The case occurred too long ago for police record.
(d) The police are already on the kidnapped child case.
12. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(b) The police will refuse to respond.
(c) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(d) All the phone lines have been cut.
13. What is the purpose of the drug Restorase?
(a) An additive cancer drug.
(b) To counteract the effects of the drug Anectine.
(c) To control paralysis.
(d) To control psychosis.
14. After Cheryl first explains the kidnapping, Will knows that he has to do what in order to help his daughter and wife?
(a) Obtain Cheryl's help.
(b) Not get the ransom money.
(c) Kill the kidnapper.
(d) Escape from the hotel.
15. How does Will say goodbye to his daughter?
(a) He simply waves.
(b) He gives her a hug and a kiss.
(c) He waggles the wings of the airplane.
(d) He does not say goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to be the kidnapper's third partner?
2. How are the McDills going to identify the kidnappers?
3. What does the kidnapper use to kidnap Abby?
4. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
5. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)