|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money will Will convince his accountant to transfer?
2. How was Cheryl raised?
(a) As part of a wealthy family.
(b) In an abusive home.
(c) In a foster home.
(d) In a caring family environment.
3. What type of food does Abby refuse from Huey?
4. As Will continues to track the cell phone president, what occurs?
(a) He does not believe Will's story.
(b) He is not willing to help.
(c) He tries his best to track the cell phone call.
(d) He continues to not answer.
5. When Huey eventually finds Abby, what does he do to her?
(a) Ties her up and puts her in the basement.
(b) He threathens to hurt her.
(c) Kills her mother.
(d) Takes the cell phone away from her.
6. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
(a) Will Jennings.
(b) Joe Hickey.
(c) Huey Cotton.
(d) Abby Jennings.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 3, who does Hickey attempt to reassure that Abby is safe?
(a) Karen Jennings.
(b) Margaret McDill.
(c) Will Jennings.
(d) Cheryl Lynn Tilly.
8. Who knocks on Karen's door right after Hickey explains his kidnapping scheme to Karen?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A fellow junior league member.
(c) The kidnapper's partner.
(d) Huey Cotton.
9. What course of action does Will want to take to find Abby after he discovers that she has Huey's cell phone?
(a) Trace the cell phone call.
(b) Go directly to the cabin.
(c) Get the FBI involved.
(d) Call the police.
10. What happens when Abby attempts to call 911?
(a) Huey catches her and takes the phone.
(b) The battery of the phone dies.
(c) She gets through to the police.
(d) She gets a recording informing her that the service is not available.
11. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
12. How long do the kidnappers typically keep their victims?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 week.
13. At one point in her life how does Hickey help Cheryl?
(a) He pays her way through college.
(b) He saves her life after a traffic accident.
(c) He helps her through drug withdrawal and gets her out of prostitution.
(d) He helps her get away from an abusive ex-husband.
14. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(d) A bottle of poison.
15. What does the FBI want to have completed before the kidnappers are tipped-off that they are suspects in the kidnapping crime?
(a) The ransom needs to be paid.
(b) The FBI has nothing to do with the case.
(c) More evidence needs to discovered.
(d) The current kidnapped child needs to be returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Karen is holding Hickey at gunpoint, who does she make a phone call to?
2. What is Huey doing when Abby tries to run away?
3. How does Will find out that Abby was kidnapped?
4. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
5. Karen uses what to threaten Hickey before he tries to rape her?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)