|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) A bottle of poison.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rag soaked in chloroform.
(d) Will's gun.
2. What information does Karen inform Will of when he calls her in Chapter 14?
(a) How much the ransom is.
(b) Exactly where Abby is located.
(c) Hickey's plan is to murder the whole family.
(d) Hickey may rape her.
3. What is Cheryl's response when asked why the Jennings family was targeted?
(a) Hickey is seeking revenge on Will.
(b) She insists that it nothing personal.
(c) She refuses to answer.
(d) The Jennings' family wealth contributed to the decision.
4. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
5. What is discovered about Hickey's childhood?
(a) His mother was an alcoholic.
(b) His father was a doctor.
(c) He was kidnapped as a child.
(d) He came from an abusive home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hickey calls Huey as Abby returns to the cabin, who answers?
2. What is Margaret's reaction to finding her son?
3. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
4. What does Will offer Cheryl in return if she helps him?
5. What does the kidnapper do to keep Karen from knowing where they are going?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)