|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the kidnapper explains his plan to Karen, how does he explain how the police are never called?
(a) The police are in on the kidnapping.
(b) The police will refuse to respond.
(c) There is always someone present with every member of the family.
(d) All the phone lines have been cut.
2. After Karen first tries to call the police, what does Karen return to the kitchen with to gain control over Hickey?
(a) Will's gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of poison.
(d) A rag soaked in chloroform.
3. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her friend.
4. When Hickey receives the ransom money, what event is supposed to happen?
(a) Karen and Abby will be released in a public area.
(b) Abby will be set free.
(c) Will will not be killed.
(d) Karen and Abby will be bought back home.
5. In Chapter 2, Karen and Abby drive Will to what location?
(a) Animal Clinic.
(c) Bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the kidnapper have to call his partner throughout the kidnapping?
2. Where is the Mississippi Medical Association's annual meeting held?
3. Who enters the room while Karen is looking through the New England Journal of Medicine?
4. Who does Karen successfully explain to Stephanie Morgan that the kidnapper is?
5. Back in Jackson, Dr. James McDill is trying to convince his wife to take what action?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)