|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will's lecture is over, his friends try to convince Will to do what?
(a) Go gambling.
(b) Do another speech.
(c) Go out drinking.
(d) Go golfing.
2. How are the ransom amounts configured?
(a) It's enough for the kidnappers to buy a rare sculpture.
(b) It's enough to pay off the police who are on the case.
(c) It's enough to rescue the kidnappers child who is also held at ransom.
(d) Its enough for the kidnappers to live for an entire year.
3. When Peter finds his mother what is his reaction?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He becomes extremely excited and runs to her.
(c) He is mad at her.
(d) He is afraid because of her wild, unusual appearance.
4. When Karen tries to call the police, what does she discover?
(a) The phone lines have been cut.
(b) The police have already been called.
(c) All the phones are gone.
(d) The phones have all been dialed into a recorded message.
5. How much time passes between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abby when she is kidnapped?
2. Which character receives the phone call and permission to release the child?
3. What major character does Will first notice while giving his speech?
4. Margaret McDill is anxiously awaiting the arrival of whom in the beginning of the book?
5. In the beginning of the book, who is introduced as sitting in the car with Margaret McDill?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)