|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Mind, “Four Minutes” - “Jameelah’s Story”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Leila's biological mother when she gave birth to Leila?
2. Leila ran away from her family's home in Van forever during what event?
(a) Haroun's retirement party.
(b) Tarkan's birthday party.
(c) Suzan's funeral.
(d) Tarkan's funeral.
3. In what country does the narrative of 10 Seconds 38 Minutes in This Strange World take place?
4. The first memory that comes to Leila's mind in the first minute after her death has to do with what substance?
5. After young Sinan's father died, he harbored "a nagging suspicion that, no matter how hard he tried and how much he changed, he would always" (77) commit what action toward his mother?
(a) Belittle her.
(b) Sadden her.
(c) Anger her.
(d) Fail her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Haroun call his daughter Leila when he caught her playing with a hula hoop?
2. What name did Leila use when referring to Binnaz?
3. When Binnaz began to have one miscarriage after another, the family elders reminded Haroun that the Qur'an says a man can have how many wives?
4. In the chapter entitled "Three Minutes," what flavor does Leila remember three minutes after her heart has stopped that takes her back to September of 1967?
5. The narrator states that Jameelah's mother subscribed to what religion at the time of Jameelah's birth?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)