|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Mind, “Four Minutes” - “Jameelah’s Story”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hula hoops did Sinan's mother order for him?
2. What kind of animal is Leila's pet Charlie Chaplin?
(a) A fish.
(b) A cat.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A dog.
3. The narrator states that Sinan was "endowed with" his parents' "best quality," (76) which was what?
(a) Their dogged determination.
(b) The passion for the truth.
(c) Their progressive spirit.
(d) Their optimism.
4. How many siblings did Jameelah have at the time of her mother's death?
5. Who strongly disapproved of the dancing taking place at the wedding depicted in "Six Minutes"?
(c) The Lady Pharmacist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle groomed and sexually abused Leila for the first time when the whole family went for a holiday next to what sea?
2. The narrator states that Leila's only brother would have been diagnosed years later as having which condition?
3. How did Leila react when Binnaz again mentioned their shared secret for the first time in over a year?
4. How many miles away from Istanbul is the historic city of Van, where Leila's parents live?
5. In what month of 1990 is Leila's death covered on national television?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)