|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the panelists vote not guilty?
2. According to what Corva tells Tyson, how many cases has Corva's opposing counsel won?
(a) None of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) More than he's lost.
(d) A few of them.
3. According to Brandt's testimony, while the platoon members were running wild in the hospital, what was Tyson doing?
(a) Calling for order.
(b) Shooting enemy soldiers.
4. While in Vietnam, who did Tyson come across raping a young Vietnamese girl?
(a) Andrew Picard.
(b) Richard Farley.
(c) Lawrence Cane.
(d) Steven Brandt.
5. When the first witness is called at the trial, what does Corva have to decide?
(a) Whether or not to point out the witness's falsehoods.
(b) Whether or not to cross-examine the witness.
(c) Whether or not to object to the witness.
(d) Whether or not to object to the prosecution's line of questioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members sit on the panel that serves as the jury for the court martial trial?
2. According to Kelly's testimony, what did Tyson continue to do for hours after the hospital incident in order to appease the platoon members that possibly saved his life?
3. In an effort to protect her from publicity surrounding the hospital massacre, who sequestered Teresa in Vietnam?
4. At the court martial trial, who is the first witness called to the stand?
5. When Marcy "goes a bit crazy", what does Marcy throw through a window?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Corva cross-examines Brandt, Corva seems to jump randomly from point to point. What was Corva's purpose in this seeming randomness?
2. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. Why does Tyson wish that Corva were with him?
3. When the court martial gets underway, Corva makes an announcement that draws criticism. How does Corva respond to the criticism?
4. Summarize the closing arguments of both Pierce and Corva.
5. On the third day of the trial, what does Tyson insist that Corva do?
6. When Corva asks Tyson to explain about Larry Cane's death, what does Tyson tell Corva?
7. As Sproule explains the trial's purpose, what does Sproule warn the prosecution against?
8. After escorting a man from the courtroom with the excuse that he might be called as a witness, what does Corva reveal to be his true intentions for removing the man?
9. Describe the appearance of Richard Farley at the court martial trial.
10. What does Picard believe that Brandt lied to him about?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)