|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pauline say about Ernest that upsets Hadley?
(a) He is thinking about committing suicide.
(b) He is in favor of moving to Arkansas.
(c) He wants a relationship with both of them.
(d) He plans to divorce Hadley to marry Pauline.
2. What is Hadley given for pain?
(b) An injection.
3. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
(a) His father looks to be recovering fully.
(b) In Our Time was to be published.
(c) His brother is coming to visit.
(d) His second novel received great reviews.
4. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) No one.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
5. Whom does Hadley marry?
(a) She never marries.
(b) Her high school sweetheart.
(c) Steven Mowrerey.
(d) Paul Mowrer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
2. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
4. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
5. Of what is Zelda jealous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
2. What did Ernest tell Hadley when he called about writing his memoir?
3. What did Hadley do with her son before settling into a home in the United States?
4. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
5. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
6. Why did Hadley set sail for the United States with Bumby?
7. Who is Cayetano Ordonez and what does he do that involves Hadley after a bull fight?
8. How does Hadley feel about Pauline visiting them in Austria?
9. What does Ernest write Hadley from Madrid, and why does Ernest hate to be alone?
10. What happens when Hadley goes to visit Kitty at Kitty's apartment?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)