|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin spoke on the doctor's behalf when he went before which governmental group?
2. What did Franklin acquire for the British officers?
3. Franklin wrote the Almanac to provide what?
4. As he became acquainted with the new governor, Franklin learned who was not only still alive but was seen as one of the best political writers in England?
5. As Franklin's men were leaving this area, how many farmers approached them and asked for guns for protection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
2. What were some of the accomplishments Franklin had to praise about the Reverend Mr. Whitefield?
3. In terms of libeling, what guidelines did Franklin note he printed his newspaper by?
4. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
5. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
6. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
7. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
8. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
9. What did the colonies do subsequent to the initial two troops serving under General Braddock?
10. What was the result of some farmers' request as Franklin's militia prepared to leave the territory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the most significant contribution Franklin made to his nation or its citizens in terms of the multiple roles he was in? What placed this one above his others?
Essay Topic 2
Franklin began his autobiography with a letter to his son, William. What were the various reasons that he provided William for writing his work? How did he explain he would approach his recollection? What were the factors he offered as to why he would approach it in this fashion?
Essay Topic 3
Franklin was a major figure in the American Enlightenment as reflected by what in his autobiography?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)