|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zuzanna’s job title?
2. What is Betty's reaction when Caroline tells her that Paul and Rena have been arrested?
3. What dose Herta use to protect herself at Camp Blossom?
4. Where is Kasia's father when she gets home in Chapter 2?
5. What is one reason why Caroline tells Priscilla she cannot adopt a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Herta give for staying at Ravensbruck? Is it justifiable?
2. Describe the relationship between Halina and Herta.
3. How does Luiza die?
4. What are some of the perks Halina receives for working in the Revier?
5. Does Caroline seem to be completely over her ex-boyfriend David?
6. Why does Caroline hesitate to have dinner with Paul after the charity event?
7. What is Caroline’s relationship like with Pia?
8. Although Paul and Caroline’s relationship gets physical, Paul leaves in the middle of the act. What does this reveal about Paul?
9. What is the game the girls play about Beauty Road?
10. What is Caroline’s relationship like with Roger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zuzanna and Kasia clearly love one another, but their relationship is complicated. Do the sisters provide strength or weakness for one another throughout the text?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Kasia and her daughter. What causes Kasia to have such a strained relationship with Halina?
Essay Topic 3
It could be argued that one of the main reasons why Halina is removed from the Revier and killed is because there were concerns that Herta was a lesbian. Find evidence of this argument in the text and discuss whether you agree or disagree with these allegations.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)