|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Eleanor's campaign trip with Franklin in 1920?
(a) Four months.
(b) One hundred days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Eight months.
2. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Fine clothes.
(b) Alcohol in the White House.
(c) Pictures taken of her children.
(d) Secret Service protection.
3. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
4. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
(a) Everyone would stare at her and Franklin.
(b) She felt she was too short.
(c) She hated dresses.
(d) She couldn't dance and felt awkward around boys.
5. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
6. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Jane Addams.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) Elizabeth Read.
(d) Dorothea Dix.
7. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) Contaminated fish.
(c) Drinking water.
(d) They aren't sure.
8. From what did Ellie die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
9. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the winters?
(d) New York City.
10. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
11. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(b) Eleanor's arm.
(c) Braces and crutches.
12. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
(a) Education ambassador.
(b) Assistant secretary of the navy.
(c) Vice president.
13. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(a) Hyde Park.
14. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Decided to run for president.
(b) Formed a law firm.
(c) Spent more time with his family.
(d) Started an accounting practice.
15. Where was Eleanor appalled at the living conditions of residents?
(a) New York City.
(b) West Virginia.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
2. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
3. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
4. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
5. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)