|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked by Deborah, "is that you?" regarding the image on the security video, Dexter replies ________.
(a) "No, that's not me."
(b) "No comment."
(c) "I don't know."
(d) "Yes, that's me."
2. Who calls Dexter looking for Deborah?
3. By ______ Deborah says she will come back to get Dexter in Chapter 23.
(a) 8 am.
(b) 3 am.
(c) 12 pm.
(d) 4 pm.
4. Where does the Tamiami Trail killer leave the bodies in Chapter 19?
(a) At the ice rink.
(b) In a pool.
(c) In a palm tree.
(d) At a construction site.
5. How old was Dexter when his biological mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time Dexter was in the storage container, who was he looking for?
2. All of the following items are found in or around the heads in Chapter 19, except for which item?
3. The Morgan's have been going to Cafe Relampago since ______.
4. ______ had once taken Dexter to a New Age Health Awareness Workshop which had stressed the importance of deep cleansing breaths.
5. ______ knows Dexter's dark secret.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
2. What does Brian want Dexter to do with him? Does Dexter abide by Brian's request? Explain. Who does Dexter and Brian kill?
3. Who is the first person Deborah and Dexter interview at the ice rink? What information does this person reveal to them? Why is this information important to the crime scene?
4. Where does the bodies of the three heads turn up? Who finds the bodies? What is unique about the way the killer arranged the limbs?
5. Who does LaGuerta invite to the crime scene in Chapter 20? What does she tell these people? What is the result of her invitation?
6. What does the security camera capture that surprises both Deborah and Dexter? How does Deborah respond to this surprise?
7. What souvenir does Dexter collect from his victims? Whom does Dexter not get a souvenir from? How does he go about retrieving his souvenir?
8. Who is the Tamiami Trail Killer? How is he related to Dexter? What information does the Tamiami Trail Killer reveal to Dexter to prove his relation to him?
9. Explain why there is a battle for jurisdiction at the crime scene. Who is the battle between? Who ultimately wins the battle?
10. What does Dexter find at the docks? How do these objects fit the killer's need for tight, enclosed spaces?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)