|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha flee to when she escapes?
(c) Dodge City, Kansas.
2. What happens to Edward's wife?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She is abandoned.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is murdered.
3. Who is the most successful missionary sent to Africa in this story?
4. Who is caught stealing brandy?
(a) The captain.
(b) The ship's cooper.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The second mate.
5. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
(a) Abolishing slavery.
(b) Getting rid of slaves to relieve social stress in the United States.
(c) Bringing the word of the Gospel to heathens.
(d) Bringing western civilization to Liberia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton do with the three old women slaves that come aboard?
2. How many children does Martha have?
3. Who does Edward entrust to give Nash some money?
4. What ship does James Hamilton Sail?
5. What ship is taken over while Hamilton is ashore?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)