|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger say he received when he passed through Hadleyburg?
(b) A punch on the nose.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A deep offense.
2. What does Mr. Cox's boss say Mr. Cox should not ship until he tells him?
(a) The early mail.
(b) The lunchtime news.
(c) The late mail.
(d) The evening news.
3. Who does Mr. Richards say is not a bad man?
(a) Barclay Gorgon.
(b) Mayor Jacks.
(c) The Reverend Burgess.
(d) Sheriff Jonson.
4. Which of the following areas of America does the narrator not mention?
(d) New York.
5. What is the name of the stranger who wrote the letter?
(a) Mr. Stephenson.
(b) Mr. Laurel.
(c) Mr. Barrington.
(d) Mr. Jakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Goodson come close to marrying?
2. What does the narrator say Hadlyburg is vain beyond?
3. How does the house react to Mr. Wilson's speech?
4. Who does Wingate suggest they give the money to?
5. How does Mr. Richards imagine Goodson tried to kill himself?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)