|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The headline in the Times read, "_____________________."
(a) Dies From Drowning.
(b) Dies After Attack by Shark.
(c) Dies After Attack by Fish.
(d) Dies From Too Much Fun on the Beach.
2. What did the swimmers do after they learned what danger they had been in?
(a) They changed their vacation plans immediately.
(b) They went looking for the shark.
(c) They ignored the information.
(d) They decided to go for another swim.
3. One fact that made the thought of men being killed or eaten by sharks unrealistic to many was what?
(a) Men are too smart to be eaten by animals.
(b) Such attacks had always occurred away from civilization and were virtually unrecorded.
(c) Sharks are too small and weak.
(d) Men are the strongest creatures on earth.
4. ______________________ of working-class men and women migrated across downtown Philadelphia to the coast on the first day of July 1916.
5. Some hotel guests worried about the incident, others were sure the incident had been exaggerated and believed what had happened to the young man?
(a) He had drowned.
(b) He had been chased by a shark.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He had a cramp and had to swim to the shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only known evidence of a shark attack had been what?
2. As the young shark develops, his hunger turns him toward prey such as _______________.
3. On board were the architect Stanford White, New York Sun publisher Charles Dana, and close friend ___________________.
4. The wealthy family of Dr. Eugene Vansant rode in a Pullman with their nannies and servants for a stay in ______________.
5. The shark stayed in the struggle until when?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)