|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Phaedrus has talked about as Quality, Socrates describes as
(a) the god-head.
(b) the soul.
(c) the mind.
(d) the Oneness.
2. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
(a) a search for the truth.
(b) a chaotic, disconnected spirit.
(c) a desire to make Religion, Science and Art agree.
(d) a search for Quality.
3. The Sophists taught
(a) relativity in all ethical ideas.
(b) ethical absolutes.
(c) man is the source of all things.
(d) oneness with God and nature.
4. The Professor of Philosophy tried to
(a) scare the students into reading and studying.
(b) cut Phaedrus down.
(c) shame the student who asked the question.
(d) warn all the students not to aks questsions.
5. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
(a) the idea of quality.
(b) the back of their thumb.
(c) the main street of Bozeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are synonyms for "metaphysical" EXCEPT
2. The hyped-up, supermodern style of life is another
3. The forest near the bottom of the canyon consists mainly of
4. The shadowy figure keeping the Narrator from opening the door in his dreams is
5. The Narrator first helps Chris' tiredness by
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)