|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most frustrating muscle trap is
(a) bad surroundings.
(b) parts problems.
(d) inadequate tools.
2. The person whose philosophy seemed to fit closely to the other side of Phaedrus' philosophy was
(a) Bertrand Russell
(b) Henri Toulouse-Lautrec
(c) Robinson Crusoe
(d) Jules Henri Poincaré
3. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
(a) a search for the truth.
(b) a search for Quality.
(c) a chaotic, disconnected spirit.
(d) a desire to make Religion, Science and Art agree.
4. Without the Sutherlands
(a) it is more peaceful.
(b) Chris becomes withdrawn.
(c) it is very lonely.
(d) Chris and his dad talk more.
5. The three rhetorical options Phaedrus had available to him included all EXCEPT
(a) attempt to sing the bull to sleep.
(b) throw sand in the bull's eyes.
(c) refuse to enter the arena with the bull.
(d) impale himself on one of the bull's horns.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Narrator is beginning to work out ways to
2. Dialectic pertains to all the following EXCEPT
3. The idea of eliminating degrees and grades
4. When Quality is subtracted, all EXCEPT the following are true:
5. Chris found some funny plants out on the rocks in the ocean, but it turned out the plants were really animals called
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)