|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resolution of specific problems of conscience, duty or conduct by using or interpreting ethical principles or religious doctrines is called
2. When you are stuck
(a) you are the engineer of the train of knowledge seeing far into the distance.
(b) you are at the front end of the train of knowledge, at the track of reality.
(c) you are at the back end of the train of knowledge on the track to reality.
(d) the train of knowledge is of no help to you.
3. Poincaré's "subliminal self" corresponds to Phaedrus'
(a) preintellectual awareness.
(b) Intellectual reality.
(c) esthetic feeling.
(d) domain of consciousness.
4. When the Narrator and Chris switched from a federal to a state highway, the scenery
(a) changed to old, weathered buildings surrounded by grass and wildflowers.
(b) changed to high-tech factories and shopping centers.
(c) changed to rolling hills and creeks.
(d) changed to high plateaus and canyons.
5. The Sophists taught
(a) man is the source of all things.
(b) oneness with God and nature.
(c) relativity in all ethical ideas.
(d) ethical absolutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the student could not write an essay on Bozeman, Phaedrus told her to
2. Quality is
3. The Narrator is so busy with his Chautauqua that he
4. Signs that Phaedrus' life is unraveling include all EXCEPT
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the levels of inner peace of mind?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)