|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The forest near the bottom of the canyon consists mainly of
(a) broad-leafed trees.
2. The Narrator tells a story about camping in the mountains and being surprised by a
3. All institutions of the System are based on
(a) intelligent beings.
(b) the ability to teach.
(c) the Church of Reason.
(d) individual weakness.
4. The Sophists taught
(a) man is the source of all things.
(b) relativity in all ethical ideas.
(c) oneness with God and nature.
(d) ethical absolutes.
5. When Quality is subtracted from the world as Phaedrus knew it, he discovered that the fine arts disappeared. What else disappeared?
(a) work and sports
(b) values and purpose
(c) science and technology
(d) entertainment and flavors
Short Answer Questions
1. The three rhetorical options Phaedrus had available to him included all EXCEPT
2. Quality was kept undefined by definition in order to
3. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
4. Which of the following statements about modern technology was NOT part of the Narrator's feelings?
5. In many classrooms today, you will hear teachers who name, divide, subdivide, interrelate, and establish "principles" and study "methods" as if they are speaking with the voice of
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)