|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In many classrooms today, you will hear teachers who name, divide, subdivide, interrelate, and establish "principles" and study "methods" as if they are speaking with the voice of
2. The hyped-up, supermodern style of life is another
3. The Narrator has tried to reassemble the fragments of Phaedrus' thinking by
(a) going every place Phaedrus went.
(b) jotting down everything he knows or is told.
(c) sorting through many boxes of papers.
(d) asking lots of questions of his wife and friends.
4. Which of the following statements about modern technology was NOT part of the Narrator's feelings?
(a) The creator of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
(b) The owner of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
(c) The user of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
(d) The viewer of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
5. Phaedrus was a student at
(a) The University of Illinois, where he also taught.
(b) The University of Chicago, where he also taught.
(c) The University of Illinois but taught at the University of Chicago.
(d) The University of Chicago but taught at the University of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris want to know about his father?
2. Quality is the
3. Signs that Phaedrus' life is unraveling include all EXCEPT
4. The Immortal Principle was NOT called
5. If Quality is subtracted from the marketplace,
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)