|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of Quality included all EXCEPT
(a) a trip to the mountains for rest and relaxation.
(b) the loss of everything tangible in his life.
(c) an large hierarchical structure of thought.
(d) a nervous breakdown.
2. The Narrator compares climbing the mountain to
(a) a maze to find one's way through life.
(b) a hardship to be overcome.
(c) a higher society to be reached.
(d) a spiritual goal to be reached.
3. All institutions of the System are based on
(a) intelligent beings.
(b) the ability to teach.
(c) individual weakness.
(d) the Church of Reason.
4. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
(a) the back of their thumb.
(c) the main street of Bozeman.
(d) the idea of quality.
5. Which of the following statements about modern technology was NOT part of the Narrator's feelings?
(a) The creator of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
(b) The owner of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
(c) The viewer of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
(d) The user of it feels no particular sense of identity with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Quality was kept undefined by definition in order to
2. The concept that "a thing exists if a world without it can't function normally" is which branch of philosophy?
3. What Phaedrus has talked about as Quality, Socrates describes as
4. Although Phaedrus was sure he had found the right Ph.D. program, he discovered that his thesis idea was opposed to the views of
5. The Narrator tells a story about camping in the mountains and being surprised by a
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)