|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Professor of Philosophy tried to
(a) cut Phaedrus down.
(b) shame the student who asked the question.
(c) scare the students into reading and studying.
(d) warn all the students not to aks questsions.
2. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
(a) a chaotic, disconnected spirit.
(b) a search for Quality.
(c) a search for the truth.
(d) a desire to make Religion, Science and Art agree.
3. The book that the Narrator tries to read with Chris is
(a) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
(b) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
(c) 1984 by George Orwell
(d) Walden by Henry David Thoreau
4. In the "train of knowledge" analogy
(a) Romantic Knowledge is the train track.
(b) Romantic Knowledge is the leading edge of the engine.
(c) the train must be stopped for the analogy to work.
(d) Classic Knowledge is the train's caboose.
5. When Quality is subtracted, all EXCEPT the following are true:
(a) Rationality is essentially unchanged.
(b) The world cannot function.
(c) Life becomes very dull and uninteresting.
(d) Purely intellectual pursuits are fairly unaffected.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chris falls down, he
2. Signs that Phaedrus' life is unraveling include all EXCEPT
3. Quality was kept undefined by definition in order to
4. What does Chris want to know about his father?
5. Value is all the following EXCEPT
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)