|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Quality exists in the object,
(a) scientific instruments should be able to detect and measure it.
(b) Phaedrus should be able to define it.
(c) people should be able to see and feel it.
(d) it is just a fancy name for a bunch of nonsense.
2. All institutions of the System are based on
(a) intelligent beings.
(b) the Church of Reason.
(c) the ability to teach.
(d) individual weakness.
3. At the end of the chapter,
(a) they descend into a canyon through a series of hairpin turns.
(b) they stop to look into and across the enormous canyon.
(c) they passed hundreds of antlike cars in the canyon.
(d) they climb up out of a canyon through a hundred hairpin turns.
4. The Narrator tells a story about camping in the mountains and being surprised by a
5. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
(a) a desire to make Religion, Science and Art agree.
(b) a search for Quality.
(c) a search for the truth.
(d) a chaotic, disconnected spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT draw up a system of geometry?
2. When Chris falls down, he
3. The Narrator is so busy with his Chautauqua that he
4. Why does Chris think Chicago was better?
5. If a person's motorcycle backfires sometimes, what type of gumption trap would that be?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)