|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT draw up a system of geometry?
2. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
(b) the back of their thumb.
(c) the main street of Bozeman.
(d) the idea of quality.
3. Although Phaedrus was sure he had found the right Ph.D. program, he discovered that his thesis idea was opposed to the views of
(a) the professor of Chinese.
(b) the professor of Greek.
(c) the professor of English.
(d) the professor of Philosophy.
4. The book that the Narrator tries to read with Chris is
(a) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
(b) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
(c) Walden by Henry David Thoreau
(d) 1984 by George Orwell
5. The first phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of the term Quality was
(a) a very unhappy phase.
(b) a creative and fulfilling phase.
(c) a rigid and structured phase.
(d) a frustrating and maddening phase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chris think Chicago was better?
2. Which is NOT a way in which the Narrator knows that Chris is exhausted?
3. The Narrator compares climbing the mountain to
4. The Narrator is so busy with his Chautauqua that he
5. Phaedrus was admitted to the program, but
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)