|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Narrator becomes scared and decides NOT to
(a) check himself into a hospital.
(b) sell the motorcycle in San Francisco.
(c) send Chris home on a bus.
(d) ride the cycle back to Minnesota.
2. When the Narrator and Chris switched from a federal to a state highway, the scenery
(a) changed to rolling hills and creeks.
(b) changed to high-tech factories and shopping centers.
(c) changed to old, weathered buildings surrounded by grass and wildflowers.
(d) changed to high plateaus and canyons.
3. Phaedrus was admitted to the program, but
(a) was given a large scholarship.
(b) decided not to go to the school.
(c) was thrown out of the program.
(d) wanted into a different program.
4. The book that the Narrator tries to read with Chris is
(a) Walden by Henry David Thoreau
(b) 1984 by George Orwell
(c) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
(d) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
5. What does the Narrator really want to do with the shadowy figure in his dreams?
(a) Talk to him
(b) Kill him
(c) See him
(d) Avoid him
Short Answer Questions
1. A sarcophagus is
2. Value is all the following EXCEPT
3. The hyped-up, supermodern style of life is another
4. When Chris falls down, he
5. The shadowy figure keeping the Narrator from opening the door in his dreams is
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)