|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are synonyms for "metaphysical" EXCEPT
2. If Quality is subtracted from the marketplace,
(a) beverages would taste better.
(b) more tasteful foods would be available in grocery stores.
(c) G.I. shoes would become unavailable.
(d) only basic, tasteless necessities would be carried by grocery stores.
3. Which is NOT a way in which the Narrator knows that Chris is exhausted?
(a) He does not look at his father.
(b) His expression is distant.
(c) His face is flushed.
(d) He is walking faster and faster.
4. Phaedrus decided that schools teach people to
5. When Quality is subtracted, all EXCEPT the following are true:
(a) Purely intellectual pursuits are fairly unaffected.
(b) Life becomes very dull and uninteresting.
(c) The world cannot function.
(d) Rationality is essentially unchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Narrator has tried to reassemble the fragments of Phaedrus' thinking by
2. Why does Chris think Chicago was better?
3. In many classrooms today, you will hear teachers who name, divide, subdivide, interrelate, and establish "principles" and study "methods" as if they are speaking with the voice of
4. Chris found some funny plants out on the rocks in the ocean, but it turned out the plants were really animals called
5. Phaedrus was a student at
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)