|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A sarcophagus is
(a) a limestone coffin.
(b) a dinosaur.
(c) a room in an insane asylum.
(d) a piece of striated muscle.
2. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
(b) the main street of Bozeman.
(c) the back of their thumb.
(d) the idea of quality.
3. The person whose philosophy seemed to fit closely to the other side of Phaedrus' philosophy was
(a) Bertrand Russell
(b) Robinson Crusoe
(c) Henri Toulouse-Lautrec
(d) Jules Henri Poincaré
4. The Professor of Philosophy tried to
(a) cut Phaedrus down.
(b) warn all the students not to aks questsions.
(c) shame the student who asked the question.
(d) scare the students into reading and studying.
5. What does Chris want to know about his father?
(a) how he became a good mountain hiker.
(b) what he thinks about all the time.
(c) how he knows how to cook.
(d) what he thinks will happen at the end of the hike.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sophists taught
2. When you are stuck
3. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
4. Dialectic pertains to all the following EXCEPT
5. When the student could not write an essay on Bozeman, Phaedrus told her to
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)