|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When you are stuck
(a) you are the engineer of the train of knowledge seeing far into the distance.
(b) the train of knowledge is of no help to you.
(c) you are at the front end of the train of knowledge, at the track of reality.
(d) you are at the back end of the train of knowledge on the track to reality.
2. Phaedrus was a student at
(a) The University of Chicago, where he also taught.
(b) The University of Chicago but taught at the University of Illinois.
(c) The University of Illinois but taught at the University of Chicago.
(d) The University of Illinois, where he also taught.
3. When Chris falls down, he
(a) gets angry.
(b) starts crying.
(c) is injured.
(d) begs to go back.
4. The first phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of the term Quality was
(a) a frustrating and maddening phase.
(b) a creative and fulfilling phase.
(c) a rigid and structured phase.
(d) a very unhappy phase.
5. What does the Narrator really want to do with the shadowy figure in his dreams?
(a) Avoid him
(b) See him
(c) Talk to him
(d) Kill him
Short Answer Questions
1. All institutions of the System are based on
2. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
3. A branch of philosophy concerned with the definition of Quality is known as
4. Which is NOT a way in which the Narrator knows that Chris is exhausted?
5. The Narrator and Chris are planning to hike for
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)