|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a way in which the Narrator knows that Chris is exhausted?
(a) His expression is distant.
(b) He does not look at his father.
(c) He is walking faster and faster.
(d) His face is flushed.
2. The Narrator is so busy with his Chautauqua that he
(a) does not interact with Chris.
(b) gets separated from Chris.
(c) falls part way down the mountain.
(d) allows Chris to get hurt.
3. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
(a) a desire to make Religion, Science and Art agree.
(b) a search for Quality.
(c) a search for the truth.
(d) a chaotic, disconnected spirit.
4. If Quality exists in the object,
(a) it is just a fancy name for a bunch of nonsense.
(b) Phaedrus should be able to define it.
(c) scientific instruments should be able to detect and measure it.
(d) people should be able to see and feel it.
5. Dialectic pertains to all the following EXCEPT
(a) a conversation between two persons.
(b) a part of rhetoric.
(c) the nature of the dialogue.
(d) a method for arriving at truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most frustrating muscle trap is
2. The Professor of Philosophy tried to
3. The concept that "a thing exists if a world without it can't function normally" is which branch of philosophy?
4. If Quality is subtracted from the marketplace,
5. If a person's motorcycle backfires sometimes, what type of gumption trap would that be?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)