|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the summit of the mountain, the Narrator gets out
(a) his camera.
(b) his tools to adjust his chain.
(c) his long underwear and jacket.
(d) his tools and adjusts the carburetors.
2. Annihilation ECS consisted of
(a) 800 amps applied for 1.5 seconds.
(b) 28 skin pricks on the scalp.
(c) 28 electric shocks to the brain.
(d) 88 volts of electricity to the heart.
3. Which tappet needed adjustment?
4. Phaedrus did not understand
(a) the hollowness of working for food and shelter.
(b) the chaos he saw in the world.
(c) the social crises occuring.
(d) the laws of science.
5. The real university according to Phaedrus
(a) is a facility created and operated by a state legislature for the purpose of educating students.
(b) is a state of mind based on the heritage of rational thought, which is regenerated by a body of people.
(c) is a legal corporation, which owns property and pays salaries to teaching staff and receives payment for teaching students.
(d) is a nonprofit corporation, which owns property and pays salaries to teaching staff and receives payment for teaching students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the four people riding motorcycles on a journey?
2. A priori knowledge is an idea that was proposed by
3. The woman who finds him in his classroom
4. Why did Chris and the Narrator get soaked on their trip to Canada?
5. The first part of the formal scientific method is to
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Narrator attempting to accomplish when he ferried the backpacks and when he re-packed the backpacks? Do you think he accomplished what he attempted?
2. In what ways is the phrase "to travel is better than to arrive" appropriate to the Narrator's trip to Bozeman?
3. Why did the thought of teaching Quality seem so confusing, yet so appealing, to him?
4. What are the important points of skill in each part in the scientific methods process?
5. Explain what is meant by "Peace of mind produces right values which produce right thoughts which produce right actions which produce work that is inspiring in its completeness with nature and the human mind."
6. What aspects of teaching were frustrating for Phaedrus?
7. No two motorcycle manufacturers split up the motorcycle parts in the same way. What did the Narrator mean by this? The Narrator talks about the knife they use to split up the parts and then talks about how Phaedrus used the knife creatively, yet analytically. To what do you think the Narrator is alluding to?
8. In chapter 13, the Narrator talks about Phaedrus' lecture about the "real university." What is a "real university" or a "real high school?" Start by explaining what a "real university" or a "real high school" is not. What is the primary goal of the "real university" or "real high school?"
9. What types of things are so dependent on Quality that they would be significantly changed or nonexistent if Quality did not exist?
10. What does the Narrator mean by the term "squareness?"
This section contains 1,886 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)