Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most frustrating muscle trap is
(a) bad surroundings.
(b) inadequate tools.
(c) parts problems.
2. Quality is the
(a) internal aspect of caring.
(b) external aspect of stuckness.
(c) internal aspect of stuckness.
(d) external aspect of caring.
3. Phaedrus broke the syndrome of "nothing to say" by having students write about
(a) the idea of quality.
(b) the main street of Bozeman.
(d) the back of their thumb.
4. In the "train of knowledge" analogy
(a) the train must be stopped for the analogy to work.
(b) Romantic Knowledge is the leading edge of the engine.
(c) Romantic Knowledge is the train track.
(d) Classic Knowledge is the train's caboose.
5. The Narrator first helps Chris' tiredness by
(a) having Chris eat lunch and take a nap.
(b) teaching Chris to use an aspen pole.
(c) ferrying the backpacks up the mountainside.
(d) putting all the heavy stuff in one backpack.
6. Quality was kept undefined by definition in order to
(a) send a message to the English department.
(b) eliminate it from the analytical process.
(c) discover a cancer cure.
(d) quiet the estheticians.
7. When the Narrator and Chris switched from a federal to a state highway, the scenery
(a) changed to high plateaus and canyons.
(b) changed to old, weathered buildings surrounded by grass and wildflowers.
(c) changed to high-tech factories and shopping centers.
(d) changed to rolling hills and creeks.
8. Signs that Phaedrus' life is unraveling include all EXCEPT
(a) he gets less and less sleep.
(b) he is more affected by his children's needs..
(c) he forgets about food and exercise.
(d) he loses touch with his students.
9. The Narrator tells a story about camping in the mountains and being surprised by a
10. Which is NOT a way in which the Narrator knows that Chris is exhausted?
(a) He is walking faster and faster.
(b) His face is flushed.
(c) He does not look at his father.
(d) His expression is distant.
11. The Narrator is beginning to work out ways to
(a) maintain his motorcycle.
(b) connect with his reader.
(c) connect with Chris.
(d) explain his point of view about Quality.
12. According to the Narrator, the twentieth century is characterized by
(a) a desire to make Religion, Science and Art agree.
(b) a search for Quality.
(c) a search for the truth.
(d) a chaotic, disconnected spirit.
13. A sarcophagus is
(a) a room in an insane asylum.
(b) a dinosaur.
(c) a piece of striated muscle.
(d) a limestone coffin.
14. The forest near the bottom of the canyon consists mainly of
(d) broad-leafed trees.
15. Poincaré's "subliminal self" corresponds to Phaedrus'
(a) Intellectual reality.
(b) preintellectual awareness.
(c) esthetic feeling.
(d) domain of consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris want to know about his father?
2. The first phase of Phaedrus' exploration into the meaning of the term Quality was
3. Which of the following is NOT a description of a world without Quality?
4. The person whose philosophy seemed to fit closely to the other side of Phaedrus' philosophy was
5. What Phaedrus has talked about as Quality, Socrates describes as
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)