|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chris remembers looking for his dad and
(a) seeing a house with a funny roof.
(b) shopping in Bozeman.
(c) getting ice cream cones.
(d) climbing the mountains.
2. An empiricist is one who believes
(a) all knowledge is derived exclusively from the senses.
(b) knowledge that comes through the senses is truth.
(c) the beginning of knowledge is sensory knowledge.
(d) all knowledge is a priori knowledge, but each person must find it.
3. Sylvia begins to ask questions about Chris'
(a) stomach pains.
(c) temper tantrums.
4. The group crossed the Missouri River at
5. The Narrator calls unnatural the divorce of
(a) art from technology.
(b) teaching from sculpting.
(c) technology from science.
(d) art from writing.
6. What did he discover about his spark plugs?
(a) They both looked fine.
(b) One was quite dirty, but the other was not.
(c) One was broken.
(d) They were both quite dirty.
7. The kind of truth one seems to see out of the corner of one's eye or when the procedure goes haywire is called
(a) bilateral truth.
(b) literal truth.
(c) lateral truth.
(d) frontal truth.
8. In all Oriental religions great value is placed upon
(a) the separation of self and other.
(b) the doctrine
(c) the concept of logic as a means to final wisdom.
(d) the lack of all activity for the sake of meditation.
9. Phaedrus did not understand
(a) the chaos he saw in the world.
(b) the hollowness of working for food and shelter.
(c) the social crises occuring.
(d) the laws of science.
10. When they arrive in Ellendale for breakfast, it is
(a) 6:30 AM
(b) 8:30 AM
(c) 7:15 AM
(d) 7:30 AM
11. A motorcycle mechanic
(a) is mainly a physical laborer.
(b) does not care about the rider or the motorcycle.
(c) is a careful observer and precise thinker.
(d) ignorant of the hierarchy of the motorcycle.
12. Man is a passive observer or a "blank tablet" was first proposed by
13. Which of the following is NOT associated with underlying form?
(a) Feelings, emotions, and beauty
(b) Straightforward, unemotional, and ordered
(c) Science, law and medicine
(d) Masculine, mechanical, and measured
14. John is interested in
(a) what things mean.
(b) what things appear to be.
(c) what things are.
(d) what is the underlying form of things.
15. Phaedrus corresponded with the Northwest Regional Accrediting Association
(a) because he believed that the university had violated accreditation requirements.
(b) to get letters proving he was a professor at an accredited university.
(c) because he was unhappy with their method of accrediting the English department.
(d) to see of they would accredit a college he was starting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main point of the lecture was that
2. Secondary roads are preferred by the Narrator because
3. The range of human knowledge today creates
4. The Narrator does not feel the faster speeds are good because
5. Phaedrus discovered that the science he'd once thought of as the whole world of knowledge is
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)