|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lecture delivered by Phaedrus in chapter 13 referenced
(a) a church building with an electric beer sign over the front entrance.
(b) a college dormitory with an electric beer sign over the front entrance.
(c) a church building which had been turned into a police station.
(d) a church whose minister was Socrates.
2. A priori knowledge is an idea that was proposed by
3. Riding along the marshes reminds the Narrator of
(a) how cold winters can be.
(b) the heat and humidity of the summer.
(c) the opening of duck season.
(d) the loneliness of the two-lane road.
4. The high meadow is welcome like
(a) the promise of a new beginning.
(b) a rainbow.
(c) the promised land.
(d) the rain in the spring.
5. An empiricist is one who believes
(a) the beginning of knowledge is sensory knowledge.
(b) all knowledge is a priori knowledge, but each person must find it.
(c) all knowledge is derived exclusively from the senses.
(d) knowledge that comes through the senses is truth.
6. Phaedrus did not like Yellowstone Park because
(a) the tourists had white legs sticking out of shorts.
(b) people in the park acted like animals on display.
(c) the atmosphere of the park made people fake friendliness.
(d) the park rangers wore Smokey Bear hats.
7. Chris usually reflects the mood of the Narrator in his
(a) mood and actions.
(b) concern and worry.
(c) reactions to others.
(d) moodiness and depression.
8. When the Narrator found that the thread was stripped in the chain adjustment, he
(a) put a cotter pin into the chain.
(b) used the axle nut to tighten the chain.
(c) didn't know where to start.
(d) hammered the adjusting bolt to tighten the chain.
9. The woman who finds him in his classroom
(a) was a colleague of his.
(b) was a student of his.
(c) was a teacher of his.
(d) was married to him.
10. Why does the Narrator almost leave the building with Chris?
(a) He sees how frightened Chris is.
(b) He sees someone he doesn't want to talk with.
(c) He hears a car go by.
(d) He is afraid he will see Phaedrus.
11. The real university according to Phaedrus
(a) is a facility created and operated by a state legislature for the purpose of educating students.
(b) is a nonprofit corporation, which owns property and pays salaries to teaching staff and receives payment for teaching students.
(c) is a state of mind based on the heritage of rational thought, which is regenerated by a body of people.
(d) is a legal corporation, which owns property and pays salaries to teaching staff and receives payment for teaching students.
12. In all Oriental religions great value is placed upon
(a) the doctrine
(b) the concept of logic as a means to final wisdom.
(c) the separation of self and other.
(d) the lack of all activity for the sake of meditation.
13. Chris remembers looking for his dad and
(a) seeing a house with a funny roof.
(b) shopping in Bozeman.
(c) getting ice cream cones.
(d) climbing the mountains.
14. DeWeese had not like the "Church of Minorities" because
(a) it was not abstract.
(b) it was by an unknown artist.
(c) it was not a very good painting.
(d) it was a print of a painting.
15. Phaedrus did not understand
(a) the hollowness of working for food and shelter.
(b) the social crises occuring.
(c) the laws of science.
(d) the chaos he saw in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many motorcycles are involved in this trip?
2. John and Sylvia intensified their suffering by
3. A turning point in Phaedrus' life came about the time he saw
4. The purpose of Annihilation ECS was
5. The Narrator feels apprehensive about
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)