|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person who started him thinking about Quality was
2. Man is a passive observer or a "blank tablet" was first proposed by
3. Signs that they were approaching the High Plains included all EXCEPT
(a) The earth looked flatter.
(b) The earth took on deep undulations.
(c) Fences became rarer.
(d) The greenness became paler.
4. A priori knowledge is an idea that was proposed by
5. What did he discover about his spark plugs?
(a) One was broken.
(b) One was quite dirty, but the other was not.
(c) They were both quite dirty.
(d) They both looked fine.
6. A supersaturated solution will only crystallize when certain conditions are met unless there is a
(a) foreign object.
(b) violent shaking.
(c) seed crystal.
(d) sense of Quality.
7. The kind of truth one seems to see out of the corner of one's eye or when the procedure goes haywire is called
(a) literal truth.
(b) lateral truth.
(c) frontal truth.
(d) bilateral truth.
8. Secondary roads are preferred by the Narrator because
(a) he leaves them with a feeling of relaxation and enjoyment.
(b) he likes to have people look from their porches and wonder who he is.
(c) he enjoys kids waving to him when he rides by.
(d) he is able to get better directions from people on secondary roadsthan those on main roads.
9. John puts on his long underwear and plays
10. The group crossed the Missouri River at
11. The range of human knowledge today creates
(a) generation gaps.
(d) an fragmented society.
12. What subject did Phaedrus teach at the university?
13. The travelers stay in cabins in Gardiner made by the owner who is a craftsman as evidenced by
(a) how old the couple is who own the cabins.
(b) the careful attention to detail in the windows, doors, and moldings.
(c) the many flowers planted around each cabin.
(d) the sign that is hung in the cabin.
14. Why does the Narrator almost leave the building with Chris?
(a) He sees someone he doesn't want to talk with.
(b) He is afraid he will see Phaedrus.
(c) He hears a car go by.
(d) He sees how frightened Chris is.
15. The Narrator ended the trip to Canada on the motorcycle because
(a) The motorcycle seized up.
(b) It was raining too hard to ride a motorcycle.
(c) Chris got sick.
(d) The motorcycle was out of gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phaedrus' academic goal in University was to
2. Phaedrus gave up chasing the ghost of rationality and
3. Which of the following is the best description of Phaedrus?
4. In trying to explain what is wrong with the outdoor barbecue instructions, the Narrator expounds upon what is wrong with technology, which he says is
5. The Narrator does not feel the faster speeds are good because
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)