Short Answer Key
1. Who are the four people riding motorcycles on a journey?
Chris, his father the Narrator, John Sutherland, his wife Sylvia Sutherland
2. How many motorcycles are involved in this trip?
3. Traveling by motorcycle is unique because
It puts you in the scene rather than observing the scene.
4. The back road route of traveling is better than the highway for all the following reasons EXCEPT
Back roads have a welcome day-to-day sameness.
5. A Chautauqua is
A traveling tent-show meant to entertain and enlighten, once common in America.
6. The view John and Sylvia have of technology is
that it is a death force that may control them.
7. The Narrator seems to think that technology is
a manifestation of Buddha.
8. As the Narrator rides past the marshes he sees
a red-winged blackbird.
9. Riding along the marshes reminds the Narrator...
This section contains 2,606 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)