|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plans of Chris and the Narrator are deliberately indefinite so that
(a) the vacation can be a good time of togetherness and relaxation.
(b) they do not have to account to anyone for their time.
(c) they can continue until their money is gone.
(d) they can keep changing their minds about their destination.
2. Academic freedom was threatened by all EXCEPT
(a) More stringent rules about acceptance to the college were enacted.
(b) Accusations of stirring up trouble were leveled at professors.
(c) Professors were banned from speaking freely on campus.
(d) There was a rule against failing students in classes.
3. The parts of a motorcycle form a
(b) scientific method.
4. The stand of pines where the group is camping is the home of
(b) fire ants.
5. The theoretic component of man's existence corresponds to all EXCEPT
(a) Western thought.
(c) classical thinking.
(d) the scientific process.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Narrator says that some cultures believe in ghosts in the same way that other cultures
2. In all Oriental religions great value is placed upon
3. The predicted results of scientific inquiry and the actual results of scientific inquiry are
4. Which of the following is the best description of Phaedrus?
5. Philosophy attempts to answer questions like:
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)