|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The predicted results of scientific inquiry and the actual results of scientific inquiry are
(a) often unrelated to each other.
(b) diametrically opposed.
(c) hard to understand as being related.
(d) in sync with each other.
2. What does Chris want to do as Chapter 4 ends (their second night)?
(a) go shopping
(b) camp out
(c) never quit riding
(d) stop to eat
3. Phaedrus did not understand
(a) the chaos he saw in the world.
(b) the hollowness of working for food and shelter.
(c) the laws of science.
(d) the social crises occuring.
4. Which of the following is the best description of Phaedrus?
(a) Phaedrus was tall, darkly complected, and highly intelligent.
(b) Phaedrus was secretive, aloof, and seemingly cold to others.
(c) Phaedrus was intelligent, focused, and courageous.
(d) Phaedrus was brilliant, focused on his work, and insensitive to people.
5. At the summit of the mountain, the Narrator gets out
(a) his tools and adjusts the carburetors.
(b) his camera.
(c) his tools to adjust his chain.
(d) his long underwear and jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suffered the most from Phaedrus' isolation?
2. The group crossed the Missouri River at
3. The theoretic component of man's existence corresponds to all EXCEPT
4. John wants to camp
5. Above the timberline, the travelers see
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)