|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palmer find has joined his side at the shoot?
2. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
3. What does Palmer come to realize about releasing Nipper?
4. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
5. When Dorothy tells him he is famous, how does Palmer respond?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 32, Palmer makes an important observation about Henry. What is the observation, and how does it affect Palmer's behavior? Do you think Palmer's observation is correct?
Essay Topic 2
Palmer notices that after letting Nipper leave, he is less anxious and tense. However, he also realizes the price he has paid for that relief. Discuss the price Palmer feels he has paid by letting Nipper leave.
Essay Topic 3
Palmer tells Dorothy the story of learning how to float in a swimming pool. How does he relate this story to his relationship with Dorothy? Why does Palmer feel this way about Dorothy?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)