|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Palmer's room and check that there is no pigeon in the room?
2. What happens after Nipper lands on Palmer's head?
3. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
4. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
5. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Palmer's father catches the fly ball at the ballgame and gives it to Palmer, the narrator says Palmer held the ball on the way home and "imagined he felt a heartbeat." What does the narrator mean by this statement?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 32, Palmer makes an important observation about Henry. What is the observation, and how does it affect Palmer's behavior? Do you think Palmer's observation is correct?
Essay Topic 3
Dorothy tells Palmer to simply tell everyone he does not want to be a wringer. Palmer believes this to be impossible to do. What does he explain to Dorothy about admitting he does not want to be a wringer? What are the consequences, and for who?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)