|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
2. What is Henry's real name?
3. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
4. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
5. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Palmer's relationship with Dorothy and his relationship with the gang. How do the two (Dorothy and the gang) help Palmer to feel important? How do the two bring out the different sides of Palmer?
Essay Topic 2
Palmer notices that after letting Nipper leave, he is less anxious and tense. However, he also realizes the price he has paid for that relief. Discuss the price Palmer feels he has paid by letting Nipper leave.
Essay Topic 3
The novel ends with the words of a small child. What are those words, and why are they important? What do the words mean to Palmer?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)