Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
2. What is Henry's real name?
3. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
4. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
5. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
Essay Topic 1
When Palmer and the gang go to the railroad station in the middle of the night to see the five thousand caged pigeons for the shoot, Palmer is faced once again with a conflict of emotions. Describe the conflict in Palmer's mind and how he deals with it.
Essay Topic 2
The last scene between Dorothy and Palmer is one of anger and upset. Were there one more chapter, how might their friendship have been repaired based on what we know about their friendship? What part does Nipper play in their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Palmer's reaction to his mother's confession that she has known about Nipper for months. What does he feel? What does he tell her? How does this experience give him courage?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)