Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
2. What is Henry's real name?
3. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
4. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
5. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
Essay Topic 1
What part does Nipper play in Palmer's life? How is this non-speaking character such a major influence in the novel? What does Nipper represent to Palmer?
Essay Topic 2
There are two traditions in Palmer's town that frighten him, and yet he is drawn toward them both. What are these traditions? Why do they both frighten and interest Palmer? How are these two traditions similar?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Beans is depicted as a mean boy and a bully. He is also responsible for the death of animals. How is Mutto depicted? How is Henry depicted? Why are these three in a gang together?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)