|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
2. What stories do the children hear about the pigeons in their crates awaiting the shoot?
3. What are some of the ways Palmer says the gang might try to kill Nipper?
4. As Palmer approaches his house, what is he worried about?
5. What color are the uniforms of the Titans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The last scene between Dorothy and Palmer is one of anger and upset. Were there one more chapter, how might their friendship have been repaired based on what we know about their friendship? What part does Nipper play in their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
When Palmer and the gang go to the railroad station in the middle of the night to see the five thousand caged pigeons for the shoot, Palmer is faced once again with a conflict of emotions. Describe the conflict in Palmer's mind and how he deals with it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Palmer's reaction to his mother's confession that she has known about Nipper for months. What does he feel? What does he tell her? How does this experience give him courage?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)