|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
(a) Henry who wrings with his older brothers.
(b) Beans and Mutto working alone as wringers.
(c) Beans, Mutto and Henry who all wring the pigeon's necks.
(d) Beans who wrings, Mutto who wrings, and Henry who bags the dead pigeons.
2. Why can't Palmer ask the gang over to see for themselves that the pigeon is gone?
(a) There is still pigeon poop all over the floors and bookshelves.
(b) There is still cereal and other foods in the closet.
(c) His mother will never allow them in the house again.
(d) His mother keeps the door to his room locked now.
3. What is Henry's real name?
4. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
(b) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
(c) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(d) Because the day is over.
5. What event happens at the shoot that gets the biggest cheer of all?
(a) A woman who is the best shooter this year.
(b) The event has raised more money than any years previous.
(c) Beans wringing two pigeons at once.
(d) A yellow cat running onto the field and carrying away a wounded bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Palmer end up going on Saturday morning?
2. What disconcerting information does Dorothy give to Palmer during the shoot?
3. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
4. How does Palmer react to what his mother tells him?
5. How does the gang treat Palmer now that he has refused The Treatment and left them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What curious thing does Palmer notice at the Titans baseball game? What does it remind him of?
2. In Chapter 29, what is Dorothy's solution to Palmer's problem? What does she do, and how does Palmer react?
3. How does Palmer notice his father communicates with hum during Family Fest week? How does he describe this new communication?
4. Who does not attend Palmer's tenth birthday party and why? What do the boys want to talk to Mr. LaRue about? How does Mr. LaRue respond?
5. What does Palmer find written on the icing of his cake later in the evening of his birthday? Who does he believe wrote it? What does he think it means?
6. When the boys line up to practice wringing a pigeon's neck, Palmer lines up with them. What is this experience like for Palmer?
7. What does Dorothy tell Palmer at the shoot that upsets him? How does he treat Dorothy? How does she respond?
8. Why does Palmer begin to question his real reasons for sending Nipper away? What does he come to understand?
9. In Chapter 32, Beans and the gang take Palmer to find Farquar for his birthday Treatment. When Beans demands that Farquar give Palmer the Treatment, he is faced with a bully bigger than himself. How does Beans respond to Farquar? How does Palmer?
10. Palmer has an emotional roller coaster ride when he recognizes Nipper flying above the field. What different feelings wash over him including finally holding Nipper in his hands again?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)