|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Palmer's dad take him one evening, just the two of them?
(a) To the mall to play video games.
(b) To the movies to see "Independence Day."
(c) To a baseball game in a nearby town.
(d) To a basketball game at the downtown arena.
2. How does Beans react to Palmer's running away from the gang?
(a) He yells to Palmer that he is no longer in the gang.
(b) He tells Henry to go after Palmer and bring him back.
(c) He mumbles to himself and walks away.
(d) He screams at Palmer that he will pull the heads of both Palmer and his pigeon.
3. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
(a) In his bed room.
(b) In his parent's room.
(c) In his living room.
(d) In his closet.
4. How does Palmer react to what his mother tells him?
(a) He says he will clean his room that night.
(b) He asks her to leave his room.
(c) He denies everything and gets angry.
(d) He cries in relief in her arms.
5. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
(a) He must invite two other friends from his class at school.
(b) He must invite Dorothy.
(c) He must invite his cousins.
(d) He must not invite Beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
2. What did Palmer do when it was his turn to practice wringing a fake pigeon's neck?
3. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
4. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
5. What does Dorothy do on Palmer's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Palmer has an emotional roller coaster ride when he recognizes Nipper flying above the field. What different feelings wash over him including finally holding Nipper in his hands again?
2. Palmer is not excited on his birthday, not thrilled with presents or the presence of his friends. Many things hang heavy in his mind. What are some of the things that are troubling Palmer on his tenth birthday?
3. What does Palmer find written on the icing of his cake later in the evening of his birthday? Who does he believe wrote it? What does he think it means?
4. When Palmer refuses The Treatment from Farquar, what does he tell Beans when he is screaming at him? Why does he run from the gang then? What does Beans yell to Palmer as he is running away?
5. Why does Palmer begin to question his real reasons for sending Nipper away? What does he come to understand?
6. Who does not attend Palmer's tenth birthday party and why? What do the boys want to talk to Mr. LaRue about? How does Mr. LaRue respond?
7. How does Palmer's life change after Nipper is gone?
8. How does Palmer attempt to trick Nipper into not finding him again when he is with his friends? Describe his solution. Does it seem like this would work?
9. What do the boys learn in wringer school? Who teaches the class? What does the teacher tell the boys is most important part of being a wringer?
10. What does Dorothy tell Palmer at the shoot that upsets him? How does he treat Dorothy? How does she respond?
This section contains 1,402 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)