|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Palmer fearful the teacher would notice about him?
(a) That he had a pigeon for a pet.
(b) That he was frightened of birds.
(c) That he did not want to be a wringer.
(d) That he had not practiced like the other kids.
2. When Dorothy tells him he is famous, how does Palmer respond?
(a) He does not like people talking about him behind his back.
(b) He does not want to be famous, he wants to be infamous.
(c) He likes being famous and wants to be known as a clown.
(d) He does not want to be famous, he wants to be invisible.
3. Palmer tells Dorothy there are two things they need to do so that Nipper will not come back. What are they?
(a) Take Nipper to a place with water.
(b) Go a long distance from home and confuse him.
(c) Blindfold Nipper and leave him in a bush.
(d) Go a long distance from him and blindfold him.
4. What does Palmer decide the message on his cake means?
(a) He will get his birthday wish.
(b) He will have visitors in his room that night.
(c) Nipper will not sleep in the closet tonight.
(d) Beans will try and catch Panther in Palmer's house.
5. What color are the uniforms of the Titans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
2. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
3. With what does Palmer play in his room alone?
4. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
5. What happens after Nipper lands on Palmer's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dorothy realizes all of the things Palmer has done to keep Nipper from harm, she calls him a hero. Why does Dorothy think Palmer is a hero? Does he feel like a hero?
2. What does Dorothy tell Palmer at the shoot that upsets him? How does he treat Dorothy? How does she respond?
3. Palmer makes his plan to avoid confrontation with Beans and Mutto on the night of his birthday. What is his plan, and does it work?
4. When the boys line up to practice wringing a pigeon's neck, Palmer lines up with them. What is this experience like for Palmer?
5. What do the boys learn in wringer school? Who teaches the class? What does the teacher tell the boys is most important part of being a wringer?
6. Why does Palmer choose Henry to invite up to his room to prove Nipper is no longer there? What happens between them when Henry is in Palmer's room?
7. After refusing The Treatment and leaving the gang, Palmer again places Nipper's needs above his. What does he decide to do next?
8. What kinds of harassment do Beans and the gang inflict on Palmer after he has walked away from the gang? Why?
9. How does Palmer attempt to trick Nipper into not finding him again when he is with his friends? Describe his solution. Does it seem like this would work?
10. When Palmer attends the pigeon shoot this year, what does he come to realize about his memories of shoots from years passed?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)