|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the magic word according to the teacher of the class?
(d) "I got it!"
2. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
(a) In his closet.
(b) In his parent's room.
(c) In his living room.
(d) In his bed room.
3. Where does Palmer end up going on Saturday morning?
(a) He goes to Dorothy's house.
(b) He goes to his cousin's house.
(c) He goes to the pigeon shoot.
(d) He goes to the mall.
4. How high is the stack of crates housing the pigeons for the shoot?
(a) Twice as high as the telephone poles.
(b) Twice as high as the goal posts.
(c) Twice as high as the grandstand.
(d) Twice as high as Palmer's house.
5. What are some of the ways Palmer says the gang might try to kill Nipper?
(a) Nets, pellet guns, and traps.
(b) Slingshots, BB guns, and poison.
(c) Poison, traps, and slingshots.
(d) Slingshots, pellet guns, and nets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
2. To what school do Beans and the gang bring Palmer?
3. What does Palmer do to get himself detention after school?
4. What does Palmer do when he knows the bird circling the field is Nipper?
5. How does the gang treat Palmer now that he has refused The Treatment and left them?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what is Dorothy's solution to Palmer's problem? What does she do, and how does Palmer react?
2. When the gang finds out from Palmer what he did in school to deserve an after-school punishment, how do they react? How does Palmer feel? What else does he do in order to stay in school a little longer?
3. Why does Palmer choose Henry to invite up to his room to prove Nipper is no longer there? What happens between them when Henry is in Palmer's room?
4. How does Palmer react when his mother tells he she and his father have known about Nipper for months?
5. When Dorothy realizes all of the things Palmer has done to keep Nipper from harm, she calls him a hero. Why does Dorothy think Palmer is a hero? Does he feel like a hero?
6. How does Palmer attempt to trick Nipper into not finding him again when he is with his friends? Describe his solution. Does it seem like this would work?
7. What do the boys learn in wringer school? Who teaches the class? What does the teacher tell the boys is most important part of being a wringer?
8. When Palmer attends the pigeon shoot this year, what does he come to realize about his memories of shoots from years passed?
9. Palmer knows a lot about pigeons. What kinds of things does he know about releasing a pigeon so the bird will not be able to return home? How does he use this information with Nipper?
10. When Palmer refuses The Treatment from Farquar, what does he tell Beans when he is screaming at him? Why does he run from the gang then? What does Beans yell to Palmer as he is running away?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)