|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer decide to wear to school on the last day?
(a) His elephant mask.
(b) A hockey mask.
(c) A stocking cap.
(d) A football helmet.
2. Where do Palmer and his friends go after cake and ice cream?
(a) To find Mr. LaRue's rifle.
(b) To find Mrs. LaRue and thank her for the cake.
(c) To the mall.
(d) To find Farquar for The Treatment.
3. Palmer tells Dorothy there are two things they need to do so that Nipper will not come back. What are they?
(a) Go a long distance from home and confuse him.
(b) Blindfold Nipper and leave him in a bush.
(c) Take Nipper to a place with water.
(d) Go a long distance from him and blindfold him.
4. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
(a) Because he should live in a big city.
(b) Because he wants to be on the stage.
(c) Because in his town people kill pigeons.
(d) Because he is a natural comedian.
5. Who is on the soccer field when the gang arrives?
(a) The gang and Beans's father.
(b) The other ten year olds and the teacher.
(c) The gang and Mr. LaRue.
(d) The kids from the Boy Scout troop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
2. What does Palmer imagine the gang is doing while he is hiding from them?
3. How does Palmer react to what his mother tells him?
4. What does Palmer realize he has left in his room?
5. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Dorothy and Palmer certain they must get Nipper out of town? What other options do they have?
2. In Chapter 29, what is Dorothy's solution to Palmer's problem? What does she do, and how does Palmer react?
3. Palmer explains to Dorothy that he is conflicted about school ending. What is the conflict he feels? At the end of the chapter, the narrator says "But another school was about to begin." Can you guess what this school is, and why it is beginning?
4. Who does not attend Palmer's tenth birthday party and why? What do the boys want to talk to Mr. LaRue about? How does Mr. LaRue respond?
5. When Palmer refuses The Treatment from Farquar, what does he tell Beans when he is screaming at him? Why does he run from the gang then? What does Beans yell to Palmer as he is running away?
6. What example have Palmer and Nipper set for the children in the town? How can he tell his experience with Nipper has changed people's lives?
7. Why does Palmer begin to question his real reasons for sending Nipper away? What does he come to understand?
8. Palmer knows a lot about pigeons. What kinds of things does he know about releasing a pigeon so the bird will not be able to return home? How does he use this information with Nipper?
9. How does Palmer react when his mother tells he she and his father have known about Nipper for months?
10. How does Palmer notice his father communicates with hum during Family Fest week? How does he describe this new communication?
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)