|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
(a) Nipper's Ball.
(d) Palmer's Pigeon.
2. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A brown dog.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A grey pigeon.
(d) A yellow cat.
3. What does Palmer do when he knows the bird circling the field is Nipper?
(a) He calls for his parents and points at the bird.
(b) He covers his face hoping Nipper will not land and be shot.
(c) He runs off the field hoping Nipper will chase him.
(d) He waves and cries out for his bird.
4. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
(a) Nipper at the window and Dorothy shooting baskets.
(b) His mother looking at the mess in his room.
(c) Nipper at the window and the yellow cat on his bed.
(d) Dorothy playing with Nipper and his Nerf ball.
5. To what school do Beans and the gang bring Palmer?
(a) Riflery school.
(b) Wringer school.
(c) Summer school.
(d) Music school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the sacrifices Palmer sees he has made in order to save Nipper?
2. What does the worker that Palmer meets give to him?
3. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
4. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
5. What does Palmer explain to Dorothy when he tells her about his afternoon disagreement with the gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. After refusing The Treatment and leaving the gang, Palmer again places Nipper's needs above his. What does he decide to do next?
2. How does Palmer's life change after Nipper is gone?
3. Palmer is not excited on his birthday, not thrilled with presents or the presence of his friends. Many things hang heavy in his mind. What are some of the things that are troubling Palmer on his tenth birthday?
4. What does Dorothy tell Palmer at the shoot that upsets him? How does he treat Dorothy? How does she respond?
5. How does Palmer notice his father communicates with hum during Family Fest week? How does he describe this new communication?
6. How does Palmer attempt to trick Nipper into not finding him again when he is with his friends? Describe his solution. Does it seem like this would work?
7. Why does Palmer choose Henry to invite up to his room to prove Nipper is no longer there? What happens between them when Henry is in Palmer's room?
8. When the gang finds out from Palmer what he did in school to deserve an after-school punishment, how do they react? How does Palmer feel? What else does he do in order to stay in school a little longer?
9. Who does not attend Palmer's tenth birthday party and why? What do the boys want to talk to Mr. LaRue about? How does Mr. LaRue respond?
10. What does Palmer find when her gets home to his room, and what does he decide at that moment?
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)