|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
(a) Henry who wrings with his older brothers.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry who all wring the pigeon's necks.
(c) Beans and Mutto working alone as wringers.
(d) Beans who wrings, Mutto who wrings, and Henry who bags the dead pigeons.
2. What is Henry's real name?
3. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
(a) Dorothy playing with Nipper and his Nerf ball.
(b) Nipper at the window and the yellow cat on his bed.
(c) Nipper at the window and Dorothy shooting baskets.
(d) His mother looking at the mess in his room.
4. Who brings Nipper into the meadow and then into the woods?
(a) Neither one, they set him free at the meadow's edge.
(b) Palmer does on Dorothy's bike.
(c) They both take him in and leave him.
(d) Dorothy does since she has the basket.
5. Who does Palmer realize is the only member of the gang he is not afraid of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
2. What does Palmer imagine while looking for Nipper in the pigeon crates?
3. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
4. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
5. Where has Palmer hidden after running away from the gang?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)