|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
(a) He catches a foul ball.
(b) He wins him a stuffed pigeon.
(c) He gets him a new bike.
(d) He buys him a cap.
2. What does Palmer imagine the gang is doing while he is hiding from them?
(a) Asking people if they have seen him and if so to call the police.
(b) Telling people Palmer was too chicken to get The Treatment and ran away.
(c) Telling people he stole from the grocery store and they are looking for him.
(d) Asking people about him and telling people he has a pigeon for a pet.
3. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
(a) He wants to make sure his windows are all closed.
(b) He knows she saw Panther, and wants to check on Nipper.
(c) He knows there is no cat and she thinks he has a pigeon.
(d) He is afraid he will tell his mother about Nipper.
4. What is the magic word according to the teacher of the class?
(a) "I got it!"
5. Where does Palmer end up going on Saturday morning?
(a) He goes to the mall.
(b) He goes to the pigeon shoot.
(c) He goes to Dorothy's house.
(d) He goes to his cousin's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
2. As Palmer walks away, Nipper in his hands, what does he hear a small child say?
3. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
4. What does Palmer explain to Dorothy when he tells her about his afternoon disagreement with the gang?
5. What does Dorothy do on Palmer's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the gang finds out from Palmer what he did in school to deserve an after-school punishment, how do they react? How does Palmer feel? What else does he do in order to stay in school a little longer?
2. How do Dorothy and Palmer finally get Nipper safely out of town and away from danger? How does their behavior then represent their mood?
3. Why does Palmer begin to question his real reasons for sending Nipper away? What does he come to understand?
4. When the boys line up to practice wringing a pigeon's neck, Palmer lines up with them. What is this experience like for Palmer?
5. After refusing The Treatment and leaving the gang, Palmer again places Nipper's needs above his. What does he decide to do next?
6. In Chapter 32, Beans and the gang take Palmer to find Farquar for his birthday Treatment. When Beans demands that Farquar give Palmer the Treatment, he is faced with a bully bigger than himself. How does Beans respond to Farquar? How does Palmer?
7. How does Palmer notice his father communicates with hum during Family Fest week? How does he describe this new communication?
8. When Palmer attends the pigeon shoot this year, what does he come to realize about his memories of shoots from years passed?
9. When Palmer refuses The Treatment from Farquar, what does he tell Beans when he is screaming at him? Why does he run from the gang then? What does Beans yell to Palmer as he is running away?
10. Why does Palmer choose Henry to invite up to his room to prove Nipper is no longer there? What happens between them when Henry is in Palmer's room?
This section contains 1,444 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)