|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(a) Bird food.
(b) Special K.
(d) Bread crumbs.
2. Who does Palmer decide to tell about his pet Nipper?
(c) His parents.
3. Who is Fishface?
(a) Dorothy Gruzik.
(c) The fourth grade teacher.
(d) Palmer's mother.
4. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(c) The smell of barbeque.
(d) The smell of roses.
5. What do Beans, Mutto, Henry and Palmer sometimes call themselves?
(a) The Beans Boys.
(b) The Rabble Rousers.
(c) The Bad Boys.
(d) The Tormentors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
2. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
3. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
4. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
5. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Palmer's parents react to The Treatment?
2. How does Palmer come up with the name for his pigeon? What do people feel about animals when they name them? How does Palmer feel about his pigeon?
3. What is The Treatment? What does it mean to Palmer to receive The Treatment? What does Palmer get after getting through The Treatment?
4. How does Palmer resolve his problems of meeting his friends at the cannon on the day of the pigeon shoot? Why? What do we learn about Palmer?
5. What are some of Palmer's memories of his first pigeon shoot? What does this tell us about Palmer?
6. Palmer comes home after the boys see a pigeon flying overhead and he cries. Why is he crying? What does he admit about his day?
7. Beans begins to escalate the treestumping of Dorothy to get a reaction from her, but she gives him none. His cruel behavior escalates until Dorothy finally does react. What is her reaction, and how does this affect Palmer?
8. Who does Palmer find in his room the night before the pigeon shoot? Why? What do we learn about Palmer?
9. When Palmer opens the door on his birthday and finds Beans, Mutto and Henry there, he is elated. Why? Who are these boys? What do they represent in Palmer's life?
10. In Chapter 25, Palmer has a wonderful day in which he is relaxed and happy. The day dissolves into emotional distress. What happens to make Palmer nervous and upset? What two parts of Palmer's personality come into conflict?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)