|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
(b) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
(c) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(d) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
2. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
(b) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(c) He pretends nothing happened.
(d) He pretends he hates pigeons.
3. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
(c) His mother.
4. What is Beans' real name?
(a) Arthur Jenkins.
(b) Arthur Palmer.
(c) Arthur Dodds.
(d) Arthur LaRue.
5. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
(a) A Lego kit, a bow and arrow, a DVD.
(b) A bell for his bike, a Monopoly game, a pirate game.
(c) A basketball, a pirate costume, a DVD.
(d) A brown apple core, a dirty sock, an old cigar butt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
2. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
3. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
4. For the gang, what makes a birthday official?
5. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the boys find Farquar, he is on the soccer field and all but Palmer rush over to see him. Why does Palmer lag behind? What is he experiencing walking onto the field?
2. Once he has decided to name and keep Nipper, Palmer realizes he must divert the gang from coming to his house. Why does he want to keep the boys away? What are some of the excuses he invents?
3. Beans begins to escalate the treestumping of Dorothy to get a reaction from her, but she gives him none. His cruel behavior escalates until Dorothy finally does react. What is her reaction, and how does this affect Palmer?
4. What is The Treatment? What does it mean to Palmer to receive The Treatment? What does Palmer get after getting through The Treatment?
5. How does Palmer resolve his problems of meeting his friends at the cannon on the day of the pigeon shoot? Why? What do we learn about Palmer?
6. What does Beans pull out of the freezer when the gang is at his house? What does he do with it? The author does not tell us how Palmer feels about what Beans has done. Based on what you know of Palmer, how does he feel about the prank?
7. Palmer describes the wish he should make after Nipper has been seen in the sky by the gang. What is that wish? Why can't he make that wish?
8. What chores does Palmer offer to do for himself? Why does he offer to take care of his own room?
9. Palmer waits for Nipper to return in Chapter 22 and by nightfall Nipper has not done so. How does Palmer react to the pigeon's disappearance? How does his mood change when Nipper returns? What important decision does Palmer make when Nipper returns?
10. Palmer comes home after the boys see a pigeon flying overhead and he cries. Why is he crying? What does he admit about his day?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)