|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
2. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
(b) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(c) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(d) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
3. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
(a) She finds another way to and from school.
(b) She gets her father to walk home with her.
(c) She turns to Palmer and asks why he is doing this to her.
(d) She cries and tells Beans to leave her alone.
4. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of barbeque.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(c) The smell of roses.
(d) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
5. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Eight hundred.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) One thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
2. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
3. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
4. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
5. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Palmer attends the pigeon shoot this year, what does he come to realize about his memories of shoots from years passed?
2. What do the boys learn in wringer school? Who teaches the class? What does the teacher tell the boys is most important part of being a wringer?
3. In Chapter Seven, how does Dorothy treat Palmer when he comes to show her his arm? How does he react?
4. Palmer makes his plan to avoid confrontation with Beans and Mutto on the night of his birthday. What is his plan, and does it work?
5. How does Palmer come up with the name for his pigeon? What do people feel about animals when they name them? How does Palmer feel about his pigeon?
6. Who does Palmer find in his room the night before the pigeon shoot? Why? What do we learn about Palmer?
7. What is The Treatment? What does it mean to Palmer to receive The Treatment? What does Palmer get after getting through The Treatment?
8. How do Palmer's parents react to The Treatment?
9. Why does Palmer begin to question his real reasons for sending Nipper away? What does he come to understand?
10. Palmer comes home after the boys see a pigeon flying overhead and he cries. Why is he crying? What does he admit about his day?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)