|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(a) Beans and Mutto.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A squirrel.
2. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
3. Where do Palmer and the kids in town go on the day it snows?
(a) Christmas Mountain.
(b) Mardi Gras Mountain.
(c) Valentine's HIll.
(d) Hannukah Hill.
4. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of garbage.
(b) A plastic bag of chocolate.
(c) A plastic bag of eggs.
(d) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
5. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
(b) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
(c) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(d) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
2. Who is Fishface?
3. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
4. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
5. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Palmer comes home after the boys see a pigeon flying overhead and he cries. Why is he crying? What does he admit about his day?
2. How do Palmer's parents react to The Treatment?
3. What chores does Palmer offer to do for himself? Why does he offer to take care of his own room?
4. When the boys find Farquar, he is on the soccer field and all but Palmer rush over to see him. Why does Palmer lag behind? What is he experiencing walking onto the field?
5. Palmer describes the wish he should make after Nipper has been seen in the sky by the gang. What is that wish? Why can't he make that wish?
6. Palmer asks his mother for a favor. What is the favor, and why does Palmer ask her? How does he explain this to his mother?
7. Beans begins to escalate the treestumping of Dorothy to get a reaction from her, but she gives him none. His cruel behavior escalates until Dorothy finally does react. What is her reaction, and how does this affect Palmer?
8. Palmer finally becomes old enough to read the inscription on his father's trophy in the den. What did he pretend it said when he was younger? What does it really say? How does Palmer respond to learning what the words actually are?
9. How does Palmer resolve his problems of meeting his friends at the cannon on the day of the pigeon shoot? Why? What do we learn about Palmer?
10. In Chapter 25, Palmer has a wonderful day in which he is relaxed and happy. The day dissolves into emotional distress. What happens to make Palmer nervous and upset? What two parts of Palmer's personality come into conflict?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)