|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event happens at the shoot that gets the biggest cheer of all?
(a) A woman who is the best shooter this year.
(b) A yellow cat running onto the field and carrying away a wounded bird.
(c) The event has raised more money than any years previous.
(d) Beans wringing two pigeons at once.
2. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
(a) Because he wants to be on the stage.
(b) Because he is a natural comedian.
(c) Because he should live in a big city.
(d) Because in his town people kill pigeons.
3. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
(a) To ask his mother where he was the night before.
(b) To see Farquar for The Treatment.
(c) To Bean's house.
(d) To a movie for his birthday gilt.
4. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
(b) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
(c) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
(d) He knows he will never have a brother.
5. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
(a) Beans who wrings, Mutto who wrings, and Henry who bags the dead pigeons.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry who all wring the pigeon's necks.
(c) Beans and Mutto working alone as wringers.
(d) Henry who wrings with his older brothers.
6. Where does Palmer's dad take him one evening, just the two of them?
(a) To a baseball game in a nearby town.
(b) To the mall to play video games.
(c) To the movies to see "Independence Day."
(d) To a basketball game at the downtown arena.
7. What are the two benefits Palmer realizes from misbehaving in school?
(a) He is the class clown and the best student in his class.
(b) He is forced to sit in the back of the room and flirt with girls.
(c) He is the subject of gossip and gets lots of attention.
(d) He is made to stay after school and he is more popular.
8. What stories do the children hear about the pigeons in their crates awaiting the shoot?
(a) There are not enough pigeons yet for the shoot.
(b) The crates have been locked tight for weeks now.
(c) The crates are piled as high as a ten-year-old boy.
(d) The crates have been broken into and pigeons killed.
9. With what does Palmer play in his room alone?
(a) With the new Lego set his parents gave him after Nipper left.
(b) With the soldiers his father gave him for his birthday.
(c) With the shoe box that Nipper roosted in.
(d) With the new Nerf football he bought.
10. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
(a) His mother looking at the mess in his room.
(b) Nipper at the window and Dorothy shooting baskets.
(c) Nipper at the window and the yellow cat on his bed.
(d) Dorothy playing with Nipper and his Nerf ball.
11. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
(a) Tell his parents he is afraid of Beans.
(b) Open the window and make Nipper fly away.
(c) Take Nipper and sleep somewhere else in the house.
(d) Spend the night at Dorothy's.
12. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
(a) The dart board.
(b) Mr. LaRue's big screen television.
(c) The family portrait.
(d) Mr. LaRue's Sharpshooter Award.
13. What do Dorothy and Palmer finally decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Dorothy will release him far away while she is on vacation.
(b) Release Nipper in the park and leave food for him there.
(c) Let Palmer's parents help them make a plan for Nipper.
(d) Dorothy will hide Nipper in her room until the gang leaves Palmer alone.
14. Where has Palmer hidden after running away from the gang?
(a) Behind a dumpster behind the supermarket.
(b) At Dorothy's house.
(c) In his bedroom with Nipper.
(d) At the park playground.
15. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
(a) He catches a foul ball.
(b) He wins him a stuffed pigeon.
(c) He gets him a new bike.
(d) He buys him a cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what school do Beans and the gang bring Palmer?
2. How does Henry behave in Palmer's room?
3. What does Palmer do right before getting The Treatment?
4. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
5. Palmer tells Dorothy there are two things they need to do so that Nipper will not come back. What are they?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)