|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer do to get himself detention after school?
(a) He spits on the floor of his classroom.
(b) He skips school.
(c) He writes on the walls of the room.
(d) He curses at his teacher.
2. How does the gang treat Palmer now that he has refused The Treatment and left them?
(a) They ask him to come back to the group now that he has gotten rid of Nipper.
(b) They tease him, including treestumping him, and spit on his shoes.
(c) They break into his bedroom and mess up his room.
(d) They call him names and steal his bike.
3. What does Palmer hear that lets him know the visitors are gone?
(a) Two sharp, quick yelps.
(b) Someone starting up a car.
(c) A slamming of the window.
(d) Two laughs.
4. What important question does Dorothy ask Palmer as his birthday approaches?
(a) Will he invite the gang to his party?
(b) Will he have a party this year?
(c) WIll he invite her to his party?
(d) Will he introduce Nipper to everyone at the party?
5. What disconcerting information does Dorothy give to Palmer during the shoot?
(a) She let Nipper loose at the railroad yards.
(b) She has kept Nipper in her closet all this time.
(c) She let Nipper loose at the beach.
(d) She let Nipper loose at the neighboring town.
6. What does Palmer immediately do when Nipper is thrown to the shooter?
(a) He runs away from the field, certain Nipper will be killed.
(b) He runs to the bird, sliding on his belly to protect him from the shooter.
(c) He runs to the wringmaster and asks that Beans be punished.
(d) He runs to the shooter and begs him not to kill Nipper.
7. What does Mr. LaRue think of Palmer's friend Nipper?
(a) He feels sorry for his son because he has to be a wringer this summer.
(b) He has accepted Nipper and even goes to see him at night with a flashlight.
(c) He explains he is allergic to birds.
(d) He is furious and wants Nipper out of the house immediately.
8. What does Palmer come to realize about releasing Nipper?
(a) He made a big mistake.
(b) He is glad he did not have to release Nipper himself.
(c) He should have sent him to Dorothy's.
(d) His tension and anxiety are gone.
9. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
(a) He knows there is no cat and she thinks he has a pigeon.
(b) He is afraid he will tell his mother about Nipper.
(c) He knows she saw Panther, and wants to check on Nipper.
(d) He wants to make sure his windows are all closed.
10. Who brings Nipper into the meadow and then into the woods?
(a) Neither one, they set him free at the meadow's edge.
(b) They both take him in and leave him.
(c) Dorothy does since she has the basket.
(d) Palmer does on Dorothy's bike.
11. Why does Dorothy begin laughing when Palmer is talking seriously about Nipper's possible fate?
(a) Because Nipper has shot a basket with the Nerf ball.
(b) Because Nipper is sitting on Palmer's head.
(c) Because Nipper has knocked over the comic books.
(d) Because Nipper is imitating Palmer's walk.
12. What do Dorothy and Palmer finally decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Dorothy will hide Nipper in her room until the gang leaves Palmer alone.
(b) Release Nipper in the park and leave food for him there.
(c) Let Palmer's parents help them make a plan for Nipper.
(d) Dorothy will release him far away while she is on vacation.
13. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
(a) Palmer's Pigeon.
(b) Nipper's Ball.
14. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
(a) He gets him a new bike.
(b) He buys him a cap.
(c) He catches a foul ball.
(d) He wins him a stuffed pigeon.
15. As Palmer approaches his house, what is he worried about?
(a) His mother will be angry because he is late for dinner.
(b) The gang will be waiting at his house to beat him up.
(c) Nipper will be dead.
(d) His father will be waiting for him to explain why he has a pigeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palmer believe left the message on his cake?
2. What is the magic word according to the teacher of the class?
3. How does Palmer react to what his mother tells him?
4. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
5. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)