|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Palmer hidden after running away from the gang?
(a) Behind a dumpster behind the supermarket.
(b) At Dorothy's house.
(c) At the park playground.
(d) In his bedroom with Nipper.
2. What did Palmer do when it was his turn to practice wringing a fake pigeon's neck?
(a) He wringed the fake pigeon's neck, threw it on the ground and walked away.
(b) He threw the fake pigeon at the teacher.
(c) He threw the fake pigeon at Beans and walked away.
(d) He screamed at the teacher and walked away.
3. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
(a) Henry says "we wanted to hear about what happened."
(b) Beans explains "you get punished, we wait."
(c) The gang was not waiting when Palmer left detention.
(d) Mutto says "there was nothing else to do."
4. What disconcerting information does Dorothy give to Palmer during the shoot?
(a) She let Nipper loose at the neighboring town.
(b) She has kept Nipper in her closet all this time.
(c) She let Nipper loose at the beach.
(d) She let Nipper loose at the railroad yards.
5. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
(a) He buys him a cap.
(b) He wins him a stuffed pigeon.
(c) He catches a foul ball.
(d) He gets him a new bike.
6. What do the kids call the teacher of the class?
(a) The Wringer Expert.
(b) The Pigeon Scout.
(c) The Death Machine.
(d) The Wringmaster.
7. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
(a) His mother might go into his room looking for him.
(b) Nipper is on his way to Palmer's bedroom window.
(c) The gang has given up on finding him.
(d) He is hungry and it is dinner time.
8. What was Beans holding when he came to the door the morning after the party?
(a) The basketball Palmer got for his birthday.
(b) Dorothy's diary.
(c) Palmer's baseball cap.
(d) The Nerf ball with Nipper's name on it.
9. Who does Palmer realize is the only member of the gang he is not afraid of?
10. Who brings Nipper into the meadow and then into the woods?
(a) Dorothy does since she has the basket.
(b) Palmer does on Dorothy's bike.
(c) They both take him in and leave him.
(d) Neither one, they set him free at the meadow's edge.
11. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
(a) In his closet.
(b) In his parent's room.
(c) In his living room.
(d) In his bed room.
12. How does Beans react to Palmer's running away from the gang?
(a) He screams at Palmer that he will pull the heads of both Palmer and his pigeon.
(b) He yells to Palmer that he is no longer in the gang.
(c) He mumbles to himself and walks away.
(d) He tells Henry to go after Palmer and bring him back.
13. Where does Palmer's dad take him one evening, just the two of them?
(a) To a basketball game at the downtown arena.
(b) To a baseball game in a nearby town.
(c) To the mall to play video games.
(d) To the movies to see "Independence Day."
14. How does Palmer explain where he was when the gang came to his room the night before?
(a) He was sleeping in the guest room.
(b) He was sleeping at his cousin's house.
(c) He was sleeping at a friend's house.
(d) He was sleeping in his parent's room.
15. Where do Palmer and his friends go after cake and ice cream?
(a) To find Mr. LaRue's rifle.
(b) To find Farquar for The Treatment.
(c) To find Mrs. LaRue and thank her for the cake.
(d) To the mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dorothy and Palmer finally decide to do with Nipper?
2. How high is the stack of crates housing the pigeons for the shoot?
3. For what does Palmer thank Henry?
4. What happens when Dorothy and Palmer return to Palmer's bedroom?
5. With what does Palmer play in his room alone?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)