|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
(a) Take Nipper and sleep somewhere else in the house.
(b) Spend the night at Dorothy's.
(c) Tell his parents he is afraid of Beans.
(d) Open the window and make Nipper fly away.
2. What event happens at the shoot that gets the biggest cheer of all?
(a) A woman who is the best shooter this year.
(b) The event has raised more money than any years previous.
(c) A yellow cat running onto the field and carrying away a wounded bird.
(d) Beans wringing two pigeons at once.
3. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
(a) His mother and father.
(c) No one.
(d) The gang.
4. Where does Palmer go on his bike on Friday night?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To Dorothy's house.
(c) To the soccer field.
(d) To the old train station to see the pigeons.
5. What does Palmer do when he knows the bird circling the field is Nipper?
(a) He covers his face hoping Nipper will not land and be shot.
(b) He waves and cries out for his bird.
(c) He runs off the field hoping Nipper will chase him.
(d) He calls for his parents and points at the bird.
6. Where does Palmer's dad take him one evening, just the two of them?
(a) To a baseball game in a nearby town.
(b) To the mall to play video games.
(c) To the movies to see "Independence Day."
(d) To a basketball game at the downtown arena.
7. What does Palmer find on his birthday cake later in the evening?
(d) "Happy birthday, snots."
8. Why can't Palmer ask the gang over to see for themselves that the pigeon is gone?
(a) His mother keeps the door to his room locked now.
(b) There is still cereal and other foods in the closet.
(c) His mother will never allow them in the house again.
(d) There is still pigeon poop all over the floors and bookshelves.
9. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A grey pigeon.
(b) A yellow cat.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A brown dog.
10. How does Palmer explain where he was when the gang came to his room the night before?
(a) He was sleeping in his parent's room.
(b) He was sleeping at his cousin's house.
(c) He was sleeping at a friend's house.
(d) He was sleeping in the guest room.
11. What disconcerting information does Dorothy give to Palmer during the shoot?
(a) She let Nipper loose at the railroad yards.
(b) She let Nipper loose at the neighboring town.
(c) She let Nipper loose at the beach.
(d) She has kept Nipper in her closet all this time.
12. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
(a) The dart board.
(b) The family portrait.
(c) Mr. LaRue's big screen television.
(d) Mr. LaRue's Sharpshooter Award.
13. How does Henry behave in Palmer's room?
(a) Mean and teasing.
(b) Nervous and uncomfortable.
(c) Happy and playful.
(d) Casual and unconcerned.
14. Who is on the soccer field when the gang arrives?
(a) The other ten year olds and the teacher.
(b) The gang and Mr. LaRue.
(c) The gang and Beans's father.
(d) The kids from the Boy Scout troop.
15. What do the kids call the teacher of the class?
(a) The Wringer Expert.
(b) The Wringmaster.
(c) The Pigeon Scout.
(d) The Death Machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Nipper lands on Palmer's head?
2. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
3. What does Palmer do right before getting The Treatment?
4. What does Palmer do to get himself detention after school?
5. What important question does Dorothy ask Palmer as his birthday approaches?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)