|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry behave in Palmer's room?
(a) Casual and unconcerned.
(b) Happy and playful.
(c) Nervous and uncomfortable.
(d) Mean and teasing.
2. As Palmer approaches his house, what is he worried about?
(a) Nipper will be dead.
(b) His father will be waiting for him to explain why he has a pigeon.
(c) His mother will be angry because he is late for dinner.
(d) The gang will be waiting at his house to beat him up.
3. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
(a) He must invite his cousins.
(b) He must invite two other friends from his class at school.
(c) He must invite Dorothy.
(d) He must not invite Beans.
4. What is Henry's real name?
5. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
(a) Beans explains "you get punished, we wait."
(b) Mutto says "there was nothing else to do."
(c) The gang was not waiting when Palmer left detention.
(d) Henry says "we wanted to hear about what happened."
6. Who does Palmer find has joined his side at the shoot?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. What happens after Nipper lands on Palmer's head?
(a) Beans runs up, grabs Nipper, and throws him at the feet of the shooter.
(b) Beans laughs at Palmer and calls him Pigeonhead.
(c) Beans grabs Nipper and wrings his neck.
(d) Beans apologizes to Palmer for his cruelty.
8. Who does Palmer believe left the message on his cake?
(c) HIs father.
9. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
(b) Nipper's Ball.
(c) Palmer's Pigeon.
10. What does Palmer do when he knows the bird circling the field is Nipper?
(a) He covers his face hoping Nipper will not land and be shot.
(b) He waves and cries out for his bird.
(c) He runs off the field hoping Nipper will chase him.
(d) He calls for his parents and points at the bird.
11. With what does Palmer play in his room alone?
(a) With the shoe box that Nipper roosted in.
(b) With the new Lego set his parents gave him after Nipper left.
(c) With the soldiers his father gave him for his birthday.
(d) With the new Nerf football he bought.
12. What do Dorothy and Palmer finally decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Dorothy will release him far away while she is on vacation.
(b) Release Nipper in the park and leave food for him there.
(c) Let Palmer's parents help them make a plan for Nipper.
(d) Dorothy will hide Nipper in her room until the gang leaves Palmer alone.
13. What does Palmer come to realize about releasing Nipper?
(a) He should have sent him to Dorothy's.
(b) He made a big mistake.
(c) His tension and anxiety are gone.
(d) He is glad he did not have to release Nipper himself.
14. What does Palmer decide to wear to school on the last day?
(a) His elephant mask.
(b) A football helmet.
(c) A hockey mask.
(d) A stocking cap.
15. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A brown dog.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A yellow cat.
(d) A grey pigeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Palmer do when it was his turn to practice wringing a fake pigeon's neck?
2. What does Mr. LaRue think of Palmer's friend Nipper?
3. How high is the stack of crates housing the pigeons for the shoot?
4. Who does Palmer realize is the only member of the gang he is not afraid of?
5. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)