|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's real name?
2. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A grey pigeon.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A yellow cat.
(d) A brown dog.
3. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
(a) Because he should live in a big city.
(b) Because he is a natural comedian.
(c) Because in his town people kill pigeons.
(d) Because he wants to be on the stage.
4. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(b) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
(c) Because the day is over.
(d) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
5. Where does Palmer go on his bike on Friday night?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the soccer field.
(c) To the old train station to see the pigeons.
(d) To Dorothy's house.
6. Where does Palmer go the night of the warning?
(a) To sleep at Dorothy's.
(b) To sleep in his parent's bedroom.
(c) To sleep with Nipper behind the living room couch.
(d) To sleep at his cousin's house.
7. What does Palmer finally do on the last Monday of the school year?
(a) He cheats on a test.
(b) He tickles the teacher.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He hits a student.
8. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
(a) He must not invite Beans.
(b) He must invite his cousins.
(c) He must invite two other friends from his class at school.
(d) He must invite Dorothy.
9. As Palmer walks away, Nipper in his hands, what does he hear a small child say?
(a) "Can I have one too, Daddy?"
(b) "No fair!"
(c) "Is he dead, mister?"
(d) "Why does he get to keep the pigeon?"
10. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
(a) To Bean's house.
(b) To a movie for his birthday gilt.
(c) To ask his mother where he was the night before.
(d) To see Farquar for The Treatment.
11. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
(a) A BB gun.
(b) A dart.
(d) A slingshot.
12. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
(a) No one.
(b) The gang.
(d) His mother and father.
13. As Palmer approaches his house, what is he worried about?
(a) His mother will be angry because he is late for dinner.
(b) His father will be waiting for him to explain why he has a pigeon.
(c) Nipper will be dead.
(d) The gang will be waiting at his house to beat him up.
14. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
(b) To tell him he must clean his room.
(c) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(d) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
15. What does Palmer come to realize about releasing Nipper?
(a) He is glad he did not have to release Nipper himself.
(b) He should have sent him to Dorothy's.
(c) His tension and anxiety are gone.
(d) He made a big mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Palmer do when it was his turn to practice wringing a fake pigeon's neck?
2. What was Beans holding when he came to the door the morning after the party?
3. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
4. What does Palmer immediately do when Nipper is thrown to the shooter?
5. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)