|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the kids call the teacher of the class?
(a) The Pigeon Scout.
(b) The Death Machine.
(c) The Wringmaster.
(d) The Wringer Expert.
2. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
(a) To a friend's house to play.
(b) On an early morning breakfast picnic at the park.
(c) To the bike trail to meet the other kids for a bike ride.
(d) On a twenty mile long bike ride.
3. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
(a) In his closet.
(b) In his parent's room.
(c) In his bed room.
(d) In his living room.
4. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
(a) Palmer is as "empty as the cicada husks on the trees."
(b) Palmer is as "confused as a rabbit with a blindfold."
(c) Palmer is as "empty as a spent bullet cartridge."
(d) Palmer is as "lonely as an umbrella in sunshine."
5. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
(a) Beans explains "you get punished, we wait."
(b) Mutto says "there was nothing else to do."
(c) The gang was not waiting when Palmer left detention.
(d) Henry says "we wanted to hear about what happened."
6. What do Dorothy and Palmer finally decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Release Nipper in the park and leave food for him there.
(b) Dorothy will release him far away while she is on vacation.
(c) Let Palmer's parents help them make a plan for Nipper.
(d) Dorothy will hide Nipper in her room until the gang leaves Palmer alone.
7. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
(a) The gang.
(b) His mother and father.
(d) No one.
8. Where does Palmer go the night of the warning?
(a) To sleep in his parent's bedroom.
(b) To sleep at Dorothy's.
(c) To sleep at his cousin's house.
(d) To sleep with Nipper behind the living room couch.
9. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
(a) To see Farquar for The Treatment.
(b) To Bean's house.
(c) To a movie for his birthday gilt.
(d) To ask his mother where he was the night before.
10. What are the two benefits Palmer realizes from misbehaving in school?
(a) He is made to stay after school and he is more popular.
(b) He is forced to sit in the back of the room and flirt with girls.
(c) He is the class clown and the best student in his class.
(d) He is the subject of gossip and gets lots of attention.
11. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
(a) Henry who wrings with his older brothers.
(b) Beans and Mutto working alone as wringers.
(c) Beans, Mutto and Henry who all wring the pigeon's necks.
(d) Beans who wrings, Mutto who wrings, and Henry who bags the dead pigeons.
12. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
(a) A dart.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A BB gun.
13. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
(a) Because he wants to be on the stage.
(b) Because he should live in a big city.
(c) Because he is a natural comedian.
(d) Because in his town people kill pigeons.
14. What does Palmer decide the message on his cake means?
(a) He will have visitors in his room that night.
(b) Beans will try and catch Panther in Palmer's house.
(c) He will get his birthday wish.
(d) Nipper will not sleep in the closet tonight.
15. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Bring Nipper to the zoo.
(b) Take Nipper away from their neighborhood so he will be safe.
(c) Take Nipper to Dorothy's house and hide him.
(d) Bring Nipper to a veterinarian's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dorothy begin laughing when Palmer is talking seriously about Nipper's possible fate?
2. What does Palmer immediately do when Nipper is thrown to the shooter?
3. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
4. What event happens at the shoot that gets the biggest cheer of all?
5. What does the worker that Palmer meets give to him?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)