|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
(a) To Bean's house.
(b) To a movie for his birthday gilt.
(c) To see Farquar for The Treatment.
(d) To ask his mother where he was the night before.
2. What does Palmer decide the message on his cake means?
(a) He will have visitors in his room that night.
(b) Beans will try and catch Panther in Palmer's house.
(c) Nipper will not sleep in the closet tonight.
(d) He will get his birthday wish.
3. How does Henry behave in Palmer's room?
(a) Mean and teasing.
(b) Casual and unconcerned.
(c) Happy and playful.
(d) Nervous and uncomfortable.
4. Who brings Nipper into the meadow and then into the woods?
(a) Palmer does on Dorothy's bike.
(b) Neither one, they set him free at the meadow's edge.
(c) Dorothy does since she has the basket.
(d) They both take him in and leave him.
5. Who are the two people who did not show up for Palmer's tenth birthday party?
(a) Henry and Mr. LaRue.
(b) Beans and Dorothy.
(c) Dorothy and Mrs. LaRue.
(d) Mutto and Mrs. LaRue.
6. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
(a) He hopes Nipper will not recognize him.
(b) He wants to get laughs at school.
(c) He wants to get in trouble with the gang.
(d) He hopes not to catch a cold.
7. What does Palmer explain to Dorothy when he tells her about his afternoon disagreement with the gang?
(a) Beans knows about Nipper and is going to try and hurt him.
(b) Beans is no longer interested in hurting Nipper, only Palmer.
(c) Beans got his nickname from eating beans from a can.
(d) Beans has kicked Palmer out of the group and he is sad.
8. Where do Palmer and his friends go after cake and ice cream?
(a) To find Farquar for The Treatment.
(b) To find Mr. LaRue's rifle.
(c) To find Mrs. LaRue and thank her for the cake.
(d) To the mall.
9. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
(a) Beans and Mutto working alone as wringers.
(b) Henry who wrings with his older brothers.
(c) Beans who wrings, Mutto who wrings, and Henry who bags the dead pigeons.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry who all wring the pigeon's necks.
10. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
(a) He must invite his cousins.
(b) He must invite two other friends from his class at school.
(c) He must not invite Beans.
(d) He must invite Dorothy.
11. What are the two benefits Palmer realizes from misbehaving in school?
(a) He is forced to sit in the back of the room and flirt with girls.
(b) He is the class clown and the best student in his class.
(c) He is the subject of gossip and gets lots of attention.
(d) He is made to stay after school and he is more popular.
12. Where does Palmer go on his bike on Friday night?
(a) To Dorothy's house.
(b) To the old train station to see the pigeons.
(c) To the soccer field.
(d) To the movies.
13. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
(b) He knows he will never have a brother.
(c) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
(d) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
14. Where does Palmer end up going on Saturday morning?
(a) He goes to the pigeon shoot.
(b) He goes to his cousin's house.
(c) He goes to Dorothy's house.
(d) He goes to the mall.
15. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
(a) On a twenty mile long bike ride.
(b) On an early morning breakfast picnic at the park.
(c) To a friend's house to play.
(d) To the bike trail to meet the other kids for a bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dorothy tells him he is famous, how does Palmer respond?
2. What does Dorothy suggest Palmer do to end his problem of not wanting to be a wringer?
3. How does Beans react to Palmer's running away from the gang?
4. Who does Palmer realize is the only member of the gang he is not afraid of?
5. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)