|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Palmer end up going on Saturday morning?
(a) He goes to the mall.
(b) He goes to the pigeon shoot.
(c) He goes to his cousin's house.
(d) He goes to Dorothy's house.
2. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
(a) The gang was not waiting when Palmer left detention.
(b) Beans explains "you get punished, we wait."
(c) Mutto says "there was nothing else to do."
(d) Henry says "we wanted to hear about what happened."
3. Why does Dorothy begin laughing when Palmer is talking seriously about Nipper's possible fate?
(a) Because Nipper has knocked over the comic books.
(b) Because Nipper has shot a basket with the Nerf ball.
(c) Because Nipper is sitting on Palmer's head.
(d) Because Nipper is imitating Palmer's walk.
4. What does Palmer finally do on the last Monday of the school year?
(a) He hits a student.
(b) He cheats on a test.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He tickles the teacher.
5. Where does Palmer go on his bike on Friday night?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the soccer field.
(c) To Dorothy's house.
(d) To the old train station to see the pigeons.
6. What does Palmer realize he has left in his room?
(a) HIs pillow.
(b) HIs flashlight.
(c) Nipper's bed.
(d) The Honey Crunchers he feeds Nipper.
7. What happens after Nipper lands on Palmer's head?
(a) Beans apologizes to Palmer for his cruelty.
(b) Beans grabs Nipper and wrings his neck.
(c) Beans laughs at Palmer and calls him Pigeonhead.
(d) Beans runs up, grabs Nipper, and throws him at the feet of the shooter.
8. What do the kids call the teacher of the class?
(a) The Death Machine.
(b) The Pigeon Scout.
(c) The Wringer Expert.
(d) The Wringmaster.
9. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
(a) A slingshot.
(c) A BB gun.
(d) A dart.
10. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
(a) He buys him a cap.
(b) He gets him a new bike.
(c) He catches a foul ball.
(d) He wins him a stuffed pigeon.
11. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(b) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
(c) Because the day is over.
(d) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
12. Where has Palmer hidden after running away from the gang?
(a) Behind a dumpster behind the supermarket.
(b) At the park playground.
(c) In his bedroom with Nipper.
(d) At Dorothy's house.
13. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
(b) Palmer's Pigeon.
(c) Nipper's Ball.
14. How does Palmer explain where he was when the gang came to his room the night before?
(a) He was sleeping at his cousin's house.
(b) He was sleeping at a friend's house.
(c) He was sleeping in the guest room.
(d) He was sleeping in his parent's room.
15. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
(a) No one.
(b) The gang.
(d) His mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
2. What disconcerting information does Dorothy give to Palmer during the shoot?
3. What does Miss Kiner ask Palmer to do as punishment?
4. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
5. What happens when Dorothy and Palmer return to Palmer's bedroom?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)