|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer hear that lets him know the visitors are gone?
(a) Someone starting up a car.
(b) A slamming of the window.
(c) Two sharp, quick yelps.
(d) Two laughs.
2. Who is on the soccer field when the gang arrives?
(a) The gang and Mr. LaRue.
(b) The kids from the Boy Scout troop.
(c) The other ten year olds and the teacher.
(d) The gang and Beans's father.
3. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
(a) He knows she saw Panther, and wants to check on Nipper.
(b) He knows there is no cat and she thinks he has a pigeon.
(c) He is afraid he will tell his mother about Nipper.
(d) He wants to make sure his windows are all closed.
4. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
(b) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(c) To tell him he must clean his room.
(d) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
5. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
(a) Take Nipper and sleep somewhere else in the house.
(b) Tell his parents he is afraid of Beans.
(c) Spend the night at Dorothy's.
(d) Open the window and make Nipper fly away.
6. What stories do the children hear about the pigeons in their crates awaiting the shoot?
(a) The crates are piled as high as a ten-year-old boy.
(b) There are not enough pigeons yet for the shoot.
(c) The crates have been broken into and pigeons killed.
(d) The crates have been locked tight for weeks now.
7. Who does Palmer realize is the only member of the gang he is not afraid of?
8. Who does Palmer believe left the message on his cake?
(c) HIs father.
9. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
(a) The family portrait.
(b) The dart board.
(c) Mr. LaRue's Sharpshooter Award.
(d) Mr. LaRue's big screen television.
10. Who does Palmer recognize as wringers, and what do they each do?
(a) Beans who wrings, Mutto who wrings, and Henry who bags the dead pigeons.
(b) Henry who wrings with his older brothers.
(c) Beans and Mutto working alone as wringers.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry who all wring the pigeon's necks.
11. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A grey pigeon.
(b) A brown dog.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A yellow cat.
12. What color are the uniforms of the Titans?
13. How do many of the pigeons come out of the boxes for the shoot?
(a) They are flying circles overhead and diving down to the shooters.
(b) They are walking about or pecking for food rather than flying.
(c) They walk out, look around, then fly away.
(d) They are flying away faster than they shooters can shoot.
14. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because the day is over.
(b) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(c) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
(d) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
15. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
(a) His mother looking at the mess in his room.
(b) Dorothy playing with Nipper and his Nerf ball.
(c) Nipper at the window and the yellow cat on his bed.
(d) Nipper at the window and Dorothy shooting baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer finally do on the last Monday of the school year?
2. How does the gang treat Palmer now that he has refused The Treatment and left them?
3. Why can't Palmer ask the gang over to see for themselves that the pigeon is gone?
4. What is the magic word according to the teacher of the class?
5. What was Beans holding when he came to the door the morning after the party?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)