Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows he will never have a brother.
(b) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
(c) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
(d) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
2. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A BB gun.
(c) A dart.
3. How does Beans react to Palmer's running away from the gang?
(a) He tells Henry to go after Palmer and bring him back.
(b) He yells to Palmer that he is no longer in the gang.
(c) He screams at Palmer that he will pull the heads of both Palmer and his pigeon.
(d) He mumbles to himself and walks away.
4. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
(a) The family portrait.
(b) Mr. LaRue's big screen television.
(c) Mr. LaRue's Sharpshooter Award.
(d) The dart board.
5. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To tell him he must clean his room.
(b) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(c) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
(d) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
6. What does Palmer imagine while looking for Nipper in the pigeon crates?
(a) Palmer can imagine how lonely Nipper must feel.
(b) Palmer can imagine Beans's delight in wringing pigeons' necks.
(c) Palmer can imagine what it is like to be Nipper and shot.
(d) Palmer can imagine how Dorothy must be feeling.
7. What is the magic word according to the teacher of the class?
(a) "I got it!"
8. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
(a) The gang has given up on finding him.
(b) His mother might go into his room looking for him.
(c) Nipper is on his way to Palmer's bedroom window.
(d) He is hungry and it is dinner time.
9. Where does Palmer's dad take him one evening, just the two of them?
(a) To a basketball game at the downtown arena.
(b) To the mall to play video games.
(c) To the movies to see "Independence Day."
(d) To a baseball game in a nearby town.
10. What disconcerting information does Dorothy give to Palmer during the shoot?
(a) She let Nipper loose at the beach.
(b) She has kept Nipper in her closet all this time.
(c) She let Nipper loose at the neighboring town.
(d) She let Nipper loose at the railroad yards.
11. What does Dorothy do on Palmer's birthday?
(a) She brings him a huge present.
(b) She gives him a kiss.
(c) She calls him that night.
(d) She comes to his party.
12. Where does Palmer go on his bike on Friday night?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To Dorothy's house.
(c) To the old train station to see the pigeons.
(d) To the soccer field.
13. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Take Nipper to Dorothy's house and hide him.
(b) Take Nipper away from their neighborhood so he will be safe.
(c) Bring Nipper to a veterinarian's office.
(d) Bring Nipper to the zoo.
14. What stories do the children hear about the pigeons in their crates awaiting the shoot?
(a) There are not enough pigeons yet for the shoot.
(b) The crates are piled as high as a ten-year-old boy.
(c) The crates have been locked tight for weeks now.
(d) The crates have been broken into and pigeons killed.
15. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
(a) Take Nipper and sleep somewhere else in the house.
(b) Tell his parents he is afraid of Beans.
(c) Open the window and make Nipper fly away.
(d) Spend the night at Dorothy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer do right before getting The Treatment?
2. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
3. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
4. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
5. What does the worker that Palmer meets give to him?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)