|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(b) To tell him he must clean his room.
(c) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
(d) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
2. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
(a) He buries them in the back yard.
(b) He gives them back to his father.
(c) He puts them back in his dresser drawer.
(d) He puts them in his closet in a new box.
3. With whom does Palmer go to the Family Fest?
(b) No one.
(c) The gang.
(d) His mother and father.
4. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
(a) Dorothy playing with Nipper and his Nerf ball.
(b) Nipper at the window and Dorothy shooting baskets.
(c) His mother looking at the mess in his room.
(d) Nipper at the window and the yellow cat on his bed.
5. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
(a) He wants to make sure his windows are all closed.
(b) He knows she saw Panther, and wants to check on Nipper.
(c) He knows there is no cat and she thinks he has a pigeon.
(d) He is afraid he will tell his mother about Nipper.
6. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
(a) On an early morning breakfast picnic at the park.
(b) To a friend's house to play.
(c) To the bike trail to meet the other kids for a bike ride.
(d) On a twenty mile long bike ride.
7. What does Dorothy suggest Palmer do to end his problem of not wanting to be a wringer?
(a) Tell everyone he is moving away.
(b) Tell everyone he is allergic to birds.
(c) Tell everyone he is not a murderer.
(d) Tell everyone he does not want to wring pigeons' necks.
8. What did Palmer do when it was his turn to practice wringing a fake pigeon's neck?
(a) He screamed at the teacher and walked away.
(b) He threw the fake pigeon at the teacher.
(c) He wringed the fake pigeon's neck, threw it on the ground and walked away.
(d) He threw the fake pigeon at Beans and walked away.
9. For what does Palmer thank Henry?
(a) His birthday present.
(b) Not messing up his room on the search.
(c) Answering his questions.
(d) The warning on his birthday cake.
10. What does Palmer realize he has left in his room?
(a) HIs pillow.
(b) The Honey Crunchers he feeds Nipper.
(c) Nipper's bed.
(d) HIs flashlight.
11. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
(a) Nipper is on his way to Palmer's bedroom window.
(b) His mother might go into his room looking for him.
(c) The gang has given up on finding him.
(d) He is hungry and it is dinner time.
12. Why can't Palmer ask the gang over to see for themselves that the pigeon is gone?
(a) His mother will never allow them in the house again.
(b) There is still cereal and other foods in the closet.
(c) His mother keeps the door to his room locked now.
(d) There is still pigeon poop all over the floors and bookshelves.
13. What was Palmer fearful the teacher would notice about him?
(a) That he did not want to be a wringer.
(b) That he had a pigeon for a pet.
(c) That he was frightened of birds.
(d) That he had not practiced like the other kids.
14. What is Henry's real name?
15. How do many of the pigeons come out of the boxes for the shoot?
(a) They are flying circles overhead and diving down to the shooters.
(b) They are walking about or pecking for food rather than flying.
(c) They are flying away faster than they shooters can shoot.
(d) They walk out, look around, then fly away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer hear that lets him know the visitors are gone?
2. What are some of the ways Palmer says the gang might try to kill Nipper?
3. What does Palmer find on his birthday cake later in the evening?
4. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
5. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)