|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what school do Beans and the gang bring Palmer?
(a) Music school.
(b) Riflery school.
(c) Summer school.
(d) Wringer school.
2. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
(a) The gang has given up on finding him.
(b) He is hungry and it is dinner time.
(c) Nipper is on his way to Palmer's bedroom window.
(d) His mother might go into his room looking for him.
3. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
(b) Because the day is over.
(c) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(d) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
4. How do many of the pigeons come out of the boxes for the shoot?
(a) They walk out, look around, then fly away.
(b) They are walking about or pecking for food rather than flying.
(c) They are flying away faster than they shooters can shoot.
(d) They are flying circles overhead and diving down to the shooters.
5. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
(b) Nipper's Ball.
(c) Palmer's Pigeon.
6. What are the two benefits Palmer realizes from misbehaving in school?
(a) He is made to stay after school and he is more popular.
(b) He is the subject of gossip and gets lots of attention.
(c) He is forced to sit in the back of the room and flirt with girls.
(d) He is the class clown and the best student in his class.
7. What event happens at the shoot that gets the biggest cheer of all?
(a) A woman who is the best shooter this year.
(b) Beans wringing two pigeons at once.
(c) The event has raised more money than any years previous.
(d) A yellow cat running onto the field and carrying away a wounded bird.
8. What is Henry's real name?
9. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(b) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
(c) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
(d) To tell him he must clean his room.
10. What does the worker that Palmer meets give to him?
(a) A cold can of Sprite.
(b) A popcicle.
(c) A cold bottle of root beer.
(d) A Coke.
11. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
(a) In his parent's room.
(b) In his closet.
(c) In his bed room.
(d) In his living room.
12. Palmer tells Dorothy there are two things they need to do so that Nipper will not come back. What are they?
(a) Take Nipper to a place with water.
(b) Go a long distance from him and blindfold him.
(c) Go a long distance from home and confuse him.
(d) Blindfold Nipper and leave him in a bush.
13. What does Palmer decide the message on his cake means?
(a) He will get his birthday wish.
(b) Nipper will not sleep in the closet tonight.
(c) Beans will try and catch Panther in Palmer's house.
(d) He will have visitors in his room that night.
14. Who is on the soccer field when the gang arrives?
(a) The kids from the Boy Scout troop.
(b) The other ten year olds and the teacher.
(c) The gang and Mr. LaRue.
(d) The gang and Beans's father.
15. What does Palmer find on his birthday cake later in the evening?
(a) "Happy birthday, snots."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy suggest Palmer do to end his problem of not wanting to be a wringer?
2. Who does Palmer believe left the message on his cake?
3. What are some of the ways Palmer says the gang might try to kill Nipper?
4. What does Palmer do when he knows the bird circling the field is Nipper?
5. What does Palmer immediately do when Nipper is thrown to the shooter?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)