|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer decide to wear to school on the last day?
(a) A hockey mask.
(b) A football helmet.
(c) A stocking cap.
(d) His elephant mask.
2. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
(a) On a twenty mile long bike ride.
(b) To the bike trail to meet the other kids for a bike ride.
(c) To a friend's house to play.
(d) On an early morning breakfast picnic at the park.
3. What does Palmer do to get himself detention after school?
(a) He spits on the floor of his classroom.
(b) He skips school.
(c) He curses at his teacher.
(d) He writes on the walls of the room.
4. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To tell him he must clean his room.
(b) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
(c) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(d) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
5. What do the kids call the teacher of the class?
(a) The Wringer Expert.
(b) The Wringmaster.
(c) The Death Machine.
(d) The Pigeon Scout.
6. What was Beans holding when he came to the door the morning after the party?
(a) Dorothy's diary.
(b) The basketball Palmer got for his birthday.
(c) Palmer's baseball cap.
(d) The Nerf ball with Nipper's name on it.
7. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
(b) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
(c) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
(d) He knows he will never have a brother.
8. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Bring Nipper to a veterinarian's office.
(b) Take Nipper to Dorothy's house and hide him.
(c) Bring Nipper to the zoo.
(d) Take Nipper away from their neighborhood so he will be safe.
9. What does Palmer imagine while looking for Nipper in the pigeon crates?
(a) Palmer can imagine Beans's delight in wringing pigeons' necks.
(b) Palmer can imagine what it is like to be Nipper and shot.
(c) Palmer can imagine how Dorothy must be feeling.
(d) Palmer can imagine how lonely Nipper must feel.
10. What does the worker that Palmer meets give to him?
(a) A cold can of Sprite.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A popcicle.
(d) A cold bottle of root beer.
11. What is the magic word according to the teacher of the class?
(a) "I got it!"
12. How does the gang treat Palmer now that he has refused The Treatment and left them?
(a) They break into his bedroom and mess up his room.
(b) They tease him, including treestumping him, and spit on his shoes.
(c) They call him names and steal his bike.
(d) They ask him to come back to the group now that he has gotten rid of Nipper.
13. As Palmer walks away, Nipper in his hands, what does he hear a small child say?
(a) "Is he dead, mister?"
(b) "Why does he get to keep the pigeon?"
(c) "Can I have one too, Daddy?"
(d) "No fair!"
14. What does Palmer do with his toy soldiers the day after the big battle he had staged with them and the enemy eraser?
(a) He puts them in his closet in a new box.
(b) He gives them back to his father.
(c) He puts them back in his dresser drawer.
(d) He buries them in the back yard.
15. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
(a) The family portrait.
(b) Mr. LaRue's big screen television.
(c) Mr. LaRue's Sharpshooter Award.
(d) The dart board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Beans and the gang take Palmer the day after his birthday?
2. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
3. How does Palmer react to what his mother tells him?
4. What does Mr. LaRue think of Palmer's friend Nipper?
5. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)