|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the uniforms of the Titans?
2. Why can't Palmer ask the gang over to see for themselves that the pigeon is gone?
(a) His mother will never allow them in the house again.
(b) There is still cereal and other foods in the closet.
(c) There is still pigeon poop all over the floors and bookshelves.
(d) His mother keeps the door to his room locked now.
3. Why does Dorothy begin laughing when Palmer is talking seriously about Nipper's possible fate?
(a) Because Nipper is sitting on Palmer's head.
(b) Because Nipper has shot a basket with the Nerf ball.
(c) Because Nipper is imitating Palmer's walk.
(d) Because Nipper has knocked over the comic books.
4. What important question does Dorothy ask Palmer as his birthday approaches?
(a) Will he have a party this year?
(b) WIll he invite her to his party?
(c) Will he introduce Nipper to everyone at the party?
(d) Will he invite the gang to his party?
5. Palmer tells Dorothy there are two things they need to do so that Nipper will not come back. What are they?
(a) Blindfold Nipper and leave him in a bush.
(b) Go a long distance from home and confuse him.
(c) Take Nipper to a place with water.
(d) Go a long distance from him and blindfold him.
6. What was Palmer fearful the teacher would notice about him?
(a) That he had a pigeon for a pet.
(b) That he did not want to be a wringer.
(c) That he had not practiced like the other kids.
(d) That he was frightened of birds.
7. What does Palmer find on his birthday cake later in the evening?
(d) "Happy birthday, snots."
8. What does Palmer decide the message on his cake means?
(a) Beans will try and catch Panther in Palmer's house.
(b) He will get his birthday wish.
(c) He will have visitors in his room that night.
(d) Nipper will not sleep in the closet tonight.
9. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
(b) Because the day is over.
(c) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(d) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
10. What does the worker that Palmer meets give to him?
(a) A cold can of Sprite.
(b) A cold bottle of root beer.
(c) A popcicle.
(d) A Coke.
11. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
(a) On an early morning breakfast picnic at the park.
(b) To the bike trail to meet the other kids for a bike ride.
(c) To a friend's house to play.
(d) On a twenty mile long bike ride.
12. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
(a) He knows there is no cat and she thinks he has a pigeon.
(b) He wants to make sure his windows are all closed.
(c) He is afraid he will tell his mother about Nipper.
(d) He knows she saw Panther, and wants to check on Nipper.
13. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
(a) Palmer is as "empty as the cicada husks on the trees."
(b) Palmer is as "lonely as an umbrella in sunshine."
(c) Palmer is as "empty as a spent bullet cartridge."
(d) Palmer is as "confused as a rabbit with a blindfold."
14. What does Miss Kiner ask Palmer to do as punishment?
(a) Wash all of the windows in the room.
(b) Sweep and mop the classroom floor.
(c) Write a sentence one hundred times on the blackboard.
(d) Sit at his desk and do nothing.
15. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
(a) Henry says "we wanted to hear about what happened."
(b) The gang was not waiting when Palmer left detention.
(c) Mutto says "there was nothing else to do."
(d) Beans explains "you get punished, we wait."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Palmer's dad take him one evening, just the two of them?
2. What does Palmer realize he has left in his room?
3. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
4. Where does Palmer end up going on Saturday morning?
5. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)