|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dorothy tells him he is famous, how does Palmer respond?
(a) He does not want to be famous, he wants to be invisible.
(b) He does not want to be famous, he wants to be infamous.
(c) He likes being famous and wants to be known as a clown.
(d) He does not like people talking about him behind his back.
2. Who does Palmer find has joined his side at the shoot?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
(a) Dorothy playing with Nipper and his Nerf ball.
(b) Nipper at the window and Dorothy shooting baskets.
(c) Nipper at the window and the yellow cat on his bed.
(d) His mother looking at the mess in his room.
4. What does Palmer do right before getting The Treatment?
(a) Asks if Beans could give The Treatment this time.
(b) Rolls up his sleeves and starts to cry.
(c) Rolls down his sleeve, steps back and says no.
(d) Rolls up both sleeves for a double treatment.
5. What does Mr. LaRue think of Palmer's friend Nipper?
(a) He feels sorry for his son because he has to be a wringer this summer.
(b) He explains he is allergic to birds.
(c) He is furious and wants Nipper out of the house immediately.
(d) He has accepted Nipper and even goes to see him at night with a flashlight.
6. What does Palmer decide to wear to school on the last day?
(a) His elephant mask.
(b) A hockey mask.
(c) A football helmet.
(d) A stocking cap.
7. What does Palmer come to realize about releasing Nipper?
(a) His tension and anxiety are gone.
(b) He made a big mistake.
(c) He is glad he did not have to release Nipper himself.
(d) He should have sent him to Dorothy's.
8. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To tell him he must clean his room.
(b) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(c) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
(d) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
9. Why does Palmer cover himself up to go to school the day after Nipper lands on his head in front of the gang?
(a) He hopes Nipper will not recognize him.
(b) He wants to get laughs at school.
(c) He hopes not to catch a cold.
(d) He wants to get in trouble with the gang.
10. What does Miss Kiner ask Palmer to do as punishment?
(a) Sit at his desk and do nothing.
(b) Write a sentence one hundred times on the blackboard.
(c) Wash all of the windows in the room.
(d) Sweep and mop the classroom floor.
11. Where has Palmer hidden after running away from the gang?
(a) At Dorothy's house.
(b) In his bedroom with Nipper.
(c) Behind a dumpster behind the supermarket.
(d) At the park playground.
12. What does Palmer realize while hiding from the gang?
(a) He is hungry and it is dinner time.
(b) His mother might go into his room looking for him.
(c) Nipper is on his way to Palmer's bedroom window.
(d) The gang has given up on finding him.
13. How does Palmer explain where he was when the gang came to his room the night before?
(a) He was sleeping at a friend's house.
(b) He was sleeping in his parent's room.
(c) He was sleeping at his cousin's house.
(d) He was sleeping in the guest room.
14. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
(b) He knows he will never have a brother.
(c) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
(d) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
15. Where do Palmer and his friends go after cake and ice cream?
(a) To find Mrs. LaRue and thank her for the cake.
(b) To find Mr. LaRue's rifle.
(c) To the mall.
(d) To find Farquar for The Treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Palmer fearful the teacher would notice about him?
2. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
3. Why is the gang waiting for Palmer when he comes out of detention?
4. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
5. Who does Palmer believe left the message on his cake?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)