|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A piece of cotton for her ear.
(c) A handful of Frankenbursts.
(d) A few peanuts.
2. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the school yard to play stickball.
(b) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
(c) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(d) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
3. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(a) The slide.
(b) The see-saw.
(d) The merry-go-gound.
4. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of garbage.
(b) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
(c) A plastic bag of eggs.
(d) A plastic bag of chocolate.
5. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(b) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(c) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(d) "To make the boy feel proud."
6. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
7. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(b) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
(c) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(d) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
8. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(b) He is happy to have a party.
(c) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(d) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
9. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(b) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
(c) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
(d) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
10. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
(a) Chases it and wrings its neck.
(b) Pulls out a bb gun and shoots at it.
(c) Chases after it to an alley.
(d) Pulls out a slingshot and shoots at it.
11. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
(a) He wants to make her quit school.
(b) He wants his mother to punish him.
(c) He wants to get a reaction from her.
(d) He has a crush on her.
12. What does Palmer ask the boys to check him for when the bird is gone?
(a) A tear to his jacket.
(b) Scratches on his scalp.
(c) Pigeon poop in his hair.
(d) Fleas on his head.
13. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(b) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
(c) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(d) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
14. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In a mansion with his parents.
(c) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
(d) In a shelter for the homeless.
15. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
(b) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(c) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
(d) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
2. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
3. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
4. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
5. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)