|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(b) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(c) The smell of roses.
(d) The smell of barbeque.
2. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) Beans and Mutto.
(c) A squirrel.
3. What diversion does Palmer create to keep the gang from coming to his house?
(a) Suggesting they play on the soccer field.
(b) Suggesting they go to the mall.
(c) Suggesting they snowball Dorothy's house.
(d) Suggesting they go to Mutto's house.
4. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
(a) He does not want to learn to drive.
(b) He does not want to go to school.
(c) He does not want to be a wringer.
(d) He does not want to talk to his father.
5. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(b) Let down.
6. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
(a) Screams, steals her books, throws her papers away.
(b) Trips her, calls her names, rips up her homework papers.
(c) Make faces, screams, dumps beans on her shoes, takes her hat.
(d) Pushes her, screams, throws her hat away.
7. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a mansion with his parents.
(b) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In a shelter for the homeless.
8. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke.
(c) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(d) The smell of campfire smoke.
9. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(b) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
(c) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
(d) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
10. Who has Palmer invited to his birthday party?
(a) Beans, Mutton and Hank.
(b) Greeans, Mutton and Shank.
(c) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(d) Beans, Mutto and George.
11. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
(a) He was getting sick.
(b) He was thinking about Dorothy.
(c) He was thinking about sledding.
(d) He was thinking about who had been tapping on his window.
12. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
13. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(b) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(c) "To make the boy feel proud."
(d) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
14. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
(a) The honor and respect of the other kids.
(b) Respect from Dorothy.
(c) A birthday party at school.
(d) A new bike.
15. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
(a) Checks inside his closet.
(b) Checks outside his window.
(c) Checks his parent's room.
(d) Checks the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
2. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
3. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
4. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
5. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)