|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
(a) Being a poor wringer.
(b) Being Dorothy's friend.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Having a pigeon.
2. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You are finally nine years old."
(b) "You are so cool."
(c) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
(d) "You have run out of birthdays."
3. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
(a) Palmer kisses Dorothy.
(b) He falls and breaks his leg.
(c) Nipper lands on his head.
(d) Nipper bites Beans on the nose.
4. What does Beans have in the frozen spaghetti and meatballs container in his freezer?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A muskrat.
5. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
(a) She finds another way to and from school.
(b) She cries and tells Beans to leave her alone.
(c) She gets her father to walk home with her.
(d) She turns to Palmer and asks why he is doing this to her.
6. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(b) The merry-go-gound.
(c) The see-saw.
(d) The slide.
7. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(b) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(c) He is afraid of the dark.
(d) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
8. What does Beans tell the gang?
(a) He is ten and he is quitting school.
(b) He is ten and he is bad.
(c) He is ten and he is the leader.
(d) He is ten and he is a wringer.
9. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(b) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(c) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
(d) To the school yard to play stickball.
10. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
(b) A plastic bag of chocolate.
(c) A plastic bag of garbage.
(d) A plastic bag of eggs.
11. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
(a) At the baseball field.
(b) At the World War I cannon.
(c) At the pigeon cages.
(d) At the ferris wheel.
12. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
(a) He wants to get a reaction from her.
(b) He wants his mother to punish him.
(c) He wants to make her quit school.
(d) He has a crush on her.
13. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) His aunt and cousins.
14. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
(a) He falls asleep and has nightmares about snow.
(b) He does not sleep alone, his pigeon is sleeping in his room.
(c) He does not fall asleep, worried that his pigeon will peck on him.
(d) He falls asleep and dreams about pigeons.
15. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(b) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(c) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
(d) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
2. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
3. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
4. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
5. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)