|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon flies away.
(b) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
(c) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
(d) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
2. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
(a) He admits to liking Dorothy.
(b) He admits to having a pet pigeon.
(c) He walks away form the gang.
(d) He stomps on and smashes a soda can.
3. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) His aunt and cousins.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) His mother and father.
4. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(b) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(c) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(d) He is afraid of the dark.
5. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like going home.
(b) It is like floating.
(c) It is like romance.
(d) It is like being in love.
6. What does Palmer ask the boys to check him for when the bird is gone?
(a) Scratches on his scalp.
(b) A tear to his jacket.
(c) Pigeon poop in his hair.
(d) Fleas on his head.
7. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(b) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(c) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(d) He is happy to have a party.
8. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
(a) His metal toy soldiers that were once his grandfather's.
(b) Roller blades.
(c) His photo album from his ninth birthday.
(d) Boxing gloves.
9. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
10. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of campfire smoke.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke.
(c) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(d) The smell of cigar smoke.
11. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
(a) The BIrthday Spankings.
(b) The Playground Bully.
(c) The Treatment.
(d) The Birthday Cake.
12. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(b) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
(c) Lonely to have lost a friend.
(d) Frightened to be alone.
13. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
(a) Being Dorothy's friend.
(b) Having a pigeon.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being a poor wringer.
14. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
(a) A parade and Palmer is the grand marshall.
(b) A lonely and anxious time.
(c) A barrel of laughs with the gang.
(d) A time like any other.
15. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(b) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
(c) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(d) To the school yard to play stickball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
2. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
3. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
4. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
5. Who has Palmer invited to his birthday party?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)