|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beans tell the gang?
(a) He is ten and he is the leader.
(b) He is ten and he is quitting school.
(c) He is ten and he is bad.
(d) He is ten and he is a wringer.
2. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You are so cool."
(b) "You are finally nine years old."
(c) "You have run out of birthdays."
(d) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
3. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(b) Beans and Mutto.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A pigeon.
4. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
(a) A parade and Palmer is the grand marshall.
(b) A time like any other.
(c) A barrel of laughs with the gang.
(d) A lonely and anxious time.
5. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
(a) A bell for his bike, a Monopoly game, a pirate game.
(b) A basketball, a pirate costume, a DVD.
(c) A brown apple core, a dirty sock, an old cigar butt.
(d) A Lego kit, a bow and arrow, a DVD.
6. What is Beans' real name?
(a) Arthur Dodds.
(b) Arthur Palmer.
(c) Arthur Jenkins.
(d) Arthur LaRue.
7. What does Palmer try to convince the gang about the pigeon?
(a) He wants them to think he has never seen a pigeon.
(b) He wants them to believe it did not happen.
(c) He wants them to believe it was a crow.
(d) He wants them to think his father is practicing for the shoot.
8. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
(a) A wasp.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A mosquito.
9. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like being in love.
(b) It is like romance.
(c) It is like floating.
(d) It is like going home.
10. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Nipping at his earlobe.
(b) Tapping on the window.
(c) Walking on his head.
(d) Flying around the room.
11. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
(a) He was thinking about who had been tapping on his window.
(b) He was getting sick.
(c) He was thinking about Dorothy.
(d) He was thinking about sledding.
12. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(b) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(c) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(d) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
13. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
(b) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
(c) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
(d) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
14. Who does Palmer decide to tell about his pet Nipper?
(a) His parents.
15. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
(a) Being Dorothy's friend.
(b) Being a poor wringer.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Having a pigeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
2. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
3. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
4. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
5. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)