|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
(a) He does not want to be a wringer.
(b) He does not want to talk to his father.
(c) He does not want to learn to drive.
(d) He does not want to go to school.
2. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
(b) His brother.
(c) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(d) His mother and father.
3. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
(a) He falls and breaks his leg.
(b) Nipper bites Beans on the nose.
(c) Nipper lands on his head.
(d) Palmer kisses Dorothy.
4. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
(b) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
(c) The pigeon flies away.
(d) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
5. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Who is afraid of us?"
(b) "Palmer is a chicken!"
(c) "Where is Fishface?"
(d) "Wringer! Wringer!"
6. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
(b) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(c) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
(d) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
7. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a son.
(b) Be an 'A' student.
(c) Be a wringer.
(d) Be a big brother.
8. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
(a) Frosted miniwheats.
(b) Honey Crunchers.
(d) Graham crackers.
9. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) The smell of campfire smoke.
(c) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(d) The smell of gunsmoke.
10. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
11. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
12. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
(a) He wants his mother to punish him.
(b) He wants to make her quit school.
(c) He has a crush on her.
(d) He wants to get a reaction from her.
13. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
(d) Palmer's mother.
14. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
(a) The park to play soccer.
(b) Palmer's house to play basketball.
(c) The playground to slide.
(d) Farquar's house for The Treatment.
15. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
2. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
3. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
4. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
5. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)