|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
(a) "You are my pigeon and I love you."
(b) "You cannot come here to eat anymore."
(c) "You are a stupid pigeon."
(d) "You are not leaving this room again."
2. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(a) Let down.
3. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the baseball team.
(b) To raise money for the transit system.
(c) To raise money for the school.
(d) To raise money for the playground.
4. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His brother.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
5. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
(a) A new red bicycle.
(b) A new red sled.
(c) A new red skateboard.
(d) A new red coat.
6. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A wasp.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A mosquito.
7. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
(a) He was thinking about who had been tapping on his window.
(b) He was thinking about sledding.
(c) He was thinking about Dorothy.
(d) He was getting sick.
8. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) The smell of campfire smoke.
(c) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(d) The smell of gunsmoke.
9. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
(a) He has a crush on her.
(b) He wants to make her quit school.
(c) He wants his mother to punish him.
(d) He wants to get a reaction from her.
10. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
(b) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
(c) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(d) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
11. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
(a) He falls asleep and dreams about pigeons.
(b) He does not fall asleep, worried that his pigeon will peck on him.
(c) He falls asleep and has nightmares about snow.
(d) He does not sleep alone, his pigeon is sleeping in his room.
12. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
(a) Having a pigeon.
(b) Being a poor wringer.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being Dorothy's friend.
13. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
14. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
(a) Make faces, screams, dumps beans on her shoes, takes her hat.
(b) Screams, steals her books, throws her papers away.
(c) Trips her, calls her names, rips up her homework papers.
(d) Pushes her, screams, throws her hat away.
15. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(b) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
(c) His tenth birthday is in three months.
(d) He cannot wait to turn ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
2. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
3. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
4. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
5. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)