Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
2. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
(b) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(c) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(d) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
3. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
(a) She finds another way to and from school.
(b) She gets her father to walk home with her.
(c) She turns to Palmer and asks why he is doing this to her.
(d) She cries and tells Beans to leave her alone.
4. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of barbeque.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(c) The smell of roses.
(d) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
5. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Eight hundred.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) One thousand.
6. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Frightened to be alone.
(b) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(c) Lonely to have lost a friend.
(d) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
7. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(a) The merry-go-gound.
(b) The slide.
(c) The see-saw.
8. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A wasp.
9. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(b) He is happy to have a party.
(c) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(d) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
10. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
(b) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
(c) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
(d) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
11. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) On the windowsill.
(c) In his closet.
(d) In the snow.
12. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
(c) Palmer's mother.
(d) Bean's grandmother.
13. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
(a) He buys a book at the bookstore.
(b) He asks Dorothy if she knows anything about pigeons.
(c) He borrows a book from the library.
(d) He talks to his father about pigeons.
14. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of gunsmoke.
(b) The smell of cigar smoke.
(c) The smell of campfire smoke.
(d) The smell of cigarette smoke.
15. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) His aunt and cousins.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer try to convince the gang about the pigeon?
2. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
3. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
4. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
5. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)