|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the school yard to play stickball.
(b) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(c) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(d) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
2. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
(b) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(c) He pretends he hates pigeons.
(d) He pretends nothing happened.
3. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
(a) He does not want to talk to his father.
(b) He does not want to be a wringer.
(c) He does not want to go to school.
(d) He does not want to learn to drive.
4. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(a) Bread crumbs.
(b) Special K.
(c) Bird food.
5. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
(a) The BIrthday Spankings.
(b) The Playground Bully.
(c) The Treatment.
(d) The Birthday Cake.
6. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A few peanuts.
(b) A piece of cotton for her ear.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A handful of Frankenbursts.
7. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Wringer! Wringer!"
(b) "Who is afraid of us?"
(c) "Palmer is a chicken!"
(d) "Where is Fishface?"
8. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) His aunt and cousins.
9. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
(a) Henry is shorter than the other two boys.
(b) Henry is the outcast and Palmer will take his place.
(c) Henry is the leader and likes Palmer.
(d) Henry is the meekest and prey to the others.
10. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(b) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
(c) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(d) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
11. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
(b) His tenth birthday is in three months.
(c) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(d) He cannot wait to turn ten.
12. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
(c) Palmer's mother.
13. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
(a) Pulls out a bb gun and shoots at it.
(b) Chases after it to an alley.
(c) Chases it and wrings its neck.
(d) Pulls out a slingshot and shoots at it.
14. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
(b) The pigeon flies away.
(c) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
(d) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
15. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
2. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
3. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
4. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
5. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)