|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of roses.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(c) The smell of barbeque.
(d) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
2. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a shelter for the homeless.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In a mansion with his parents.
(d) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
3. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
(a) At the World War I cannon.
(b) At the pigeon cages.
(c) At the ferris wheel.
(d) At the baseball field.
4. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
5. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(b) He is afraid of the dark.
(c) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(d) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
6. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(b) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(c) To the school yard to play stickball.
(d) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
7. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the transit system.
(b) To raise money for the playground.
(c) To raise money for the baseball team.
(d) To raise money for the school.
8. Who does Palmer decide to tell about his pet Nipper?
(a) His parents.
9. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Eight hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Five thousand.
10. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(b) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
(c) He cannot wait to turn ten.
(d) His tenth birthday is in three months.
11. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(b) Bread crumbs.
(c) Bird food.
(d) Special K.
12. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like being in love.
(b) It is like going home.
(c) It is like floating.
(d) It is like romance.
13. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
14. Who is Panther?
(a) A new member of the gang.
(b) A real panther who comes out at night.
(c) A dog who bites people.
(d) A mean and unfriendly cat.
15. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
(a) A hawk flying overhead.
(b) A cat with a mouse in its mouth.
(c) A jet airplane in the sky.
(d) A pigeon flying in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beans tell the gang?
2. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
3. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
4. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
5. What does Palmer declare in front of the gang?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)