|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You are finally nine years old."
(b) "You are so cool."
(c) "You have run out of birthdays."
(d) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
2. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
(b) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(c) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(d) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
3. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
(a) A pigeon flying in the sky.
(b) A cat with a mouse in its mouth.
(c) A jet airplane in the sky.
(d) A hawk flying overhead.
4. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(b) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
(c) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(d) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
5. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Wringer! Wringer!"
(b) "Where is Fishface?"
(c) "Palmer is a chicken!"
(d) "Who is afraid of us?"
6. What diversion does Palmer create to keep the gang from coming to his house?
(a) Suggesting they go to Mutto's house.
(b) Suggesting they go to the mall.
(c) Suggesting they snowball Dorothy's house.
(d) Suggesting they play on the soccer field.
7. What does Beans tell the gang?
(a) He is ten and he is a wringer.
(b) He is ten and he is quitting school.
(c) He is ten and he is the leader.
(d) He is ten and he is bad.
8. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
(b) Palmer's mother.
(d) Bean's grandmother.
9. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
(b) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
(c) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
(d) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
10. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
(d) Palmer's mother.
11. Who is Fishface?
(b) Dorothy Gruzik.
(c) Palmer's mother.
(d) The fourth grade teacher.
12. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
(a) He does not want to go to school.
(b) He does not want to be a wringer.
(c) He does not want to learn to drive.
(d) He does not want to talk to his father.
13. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(b) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(c) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
(d) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
14. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A wasp.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A hummingbird.
15. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
(a) A basketball.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) A football.
(d) A baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
2. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
3. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
4. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
5. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)