Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(b) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(c) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(d) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
2. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
3. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
(a) Checks his parent's room.
(b) Checks the bathroom.
(c) Checks outside his window.
(d) Checks inside his closet.
4. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Eight hundred.
(d) One thousand.
5. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a shelter for the homeless.
(b) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
(c) In a mansion with his parents.
(d) In an orphanage.
6. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
(a) Nipper lands on his head.
(b) He falls and breaks his leg.
(c) Nipper bites Beans on the nose.
(d) Palmer kisses Dorothy.
7. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
(a) A birthday party at school.
(b) The honor and respect of the other kids.
(c) A new bike.
(d) Respect from Dorothy.
8. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
(b) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
(c) The pigeon flies away.
(d) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
9. Who is Panther?
(a) A dog who bites people.
(b) A new member of the gang.
(c) A mean and unfriendly cat.
(d) A real panther who comes out at night.
10. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
(b) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(c) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(d) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
11. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
(b) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
(c) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(d) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
12. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) His tenth birthday is in three months.
(b) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
(c) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(d) He cannot wait to turn ten.
13. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
14. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
(a) A football.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A soccer ball.
15. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(b) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(c) He runs away from home.
(d) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
2. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
3. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
4. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
5. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)