|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
(a) At the World War I cannon.
(b) At the ferris wheel.
(c) At the baseball field.
(d) At the pigeon cages.
2. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A wasp.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A dragonfly.
3. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
(b) Graham crackers.
(c) Frosted miniwheats.
(d) Honey Crunchers.
4. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the playground.
(b) To raise money for the school.
(c) To raise money for the transit system.
(d) To raise money for the baseball team.
5. For the gang, what makes a birthday official?
(a) The Treatment.
(b) A pigeon shoot.
(c) Cake and ice cream.
(d) Turning ten.
6. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(b) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(c) He is happy to have a party.
(d) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
7. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(b) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
(c) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(d) He runs away from home.
8. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Eight hundred.
9. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Where is Fishface?"
(b) "Who is afraid of us?"
(c) "Wringer! Wringer!"
(d) "Palmer is a chicken!"
10. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
(b) His mother.
11. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(a) Bird food.
(b) Special K.
(d) Bread crumbs.
12. Who does Palmer decide to tell about his pet Nipper?
(c) His parents.
13. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
(a) Checks his parent's room.
(b) Checks inside his closet.
(c) Checks outside his window.
(d) Checks the bathroom.
14. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
(a) A basketball.
(b) A baseball.
(c) A soccer ball.
(d) A football.
15. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of chocolate.
(b) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
(c) A plastic bag of garbage.
(d) A plastic bag of eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
2. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
3. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
4. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
5. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)