|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a big brother.
(b) Be an 'A' student.
(c) Be a son.
(d) Be a wringer.
2. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
3. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He pretends he hates pigeons.
(b) He pretends nothing happened.
(c) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(d) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
4. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
(b) Lonely to have lost a friend.
(c) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(d) Frightened to be alone.
5. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
(a) His metal toy soldiers that were once his grandfather's.
(b) Roller blades.
(c) Boxing gloves.
(d) His photo album from his ninth birthday.
6. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
(a) "You are a stupid pigeon."
(b) "You are not leaving this room again."
(c) "You are my pigeon and I love you."
(d) "You cannot come here to eat anymore."
7. Who has Palmer invited to his birthday party?
(a) Beans, Mutto and George.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) Beans, Mutton and Hank.
(d) Greeans, Mutton and Shank.
8. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
(a) A new red skateboard.
(b) A new red coat.
(c) A new red sled.
(d) A new red bicycle.
9. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
(b) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(c) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
(d) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
10. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Eight hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
11. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(a) The slide.
(b) The see-saw.
(d) The merry-go-gound.
12. What do Beans, Mutto, Henry and Palmer sometimes call themselves?
(a) The Beans Boys.
(b) The Rabble Rousers.
(c) The Tormentors.
(d) The Bad Boys.
13. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
(b) His mother.
14. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
(a) The playground to slide.
(b) Farquar's house for The Treatment.
(c) The park to play soccer.
(d) Palmer's house to play basketball.
15. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
(a) The Treatment.
(b) The BIrthday Spankings.
(c) The Birthday Cake.
(d) The Playground Bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
2. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
3. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
4. Who is Panther?
5. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)