|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(b) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(c) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(d) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
2. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
3. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(b) He is afraid of the dark.
(c) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(d) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
4. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
(a) That Nipper would find a friend.
(b) That Nipper should only fly at night.
(c) That Nipper would move to Dorothy's house.
(d) That Nipper would go to a pigeon-friendlier town.
5. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
(a) He admits to liking Dorothy.
(b) He walks away form the gang.
(c) He stomps on and smashes a soda can.
(d) He admits to having a pet pigeon.
6. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
(b) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
(c) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(d) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
7. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
(a) The end of school.
(b) Bean's birthday party.
(c) His mother's wrath.
(d) The pigeon shoot.
8. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like floating.
(b) It is like being in love.
(c) It is like going home.
(d) It is like romance.
9. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
(b) His tenth birthday is in three months.
(c) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(d) He cannot wait to turn ten.
10. Who is Fishface?
(a) Palmer's mother.
(b) The fourth grade teacher.
(d) Dorothy Gruzik.
11. As Palmer and the gang continue treestumping and teasing Dorothy, what does Palmer expect to happen?
(a) They would all get bored and do something else.
(b) They would all be suspended from school.
(c) They would be joined by other kids.
(d) They would be aksed to go to the school counselor.
12. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
(a) A soccer ball.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A football.
(d) A baseball.
13. Who has Palmer invited to his birthday party?
(a) Beans, Mutto and George.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) Greeans, Mutton and Shank.
(d) Beans, Mutton and Hank.
14. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the baseball team.
(b) To raise money for the playground.
(c) To raise money for the school.
(d) To raise money for the transit system.
15. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
(b) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
(c) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
(d) The pigeon flies away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
2. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
3. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
4. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
5. Who is Panther?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)