|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of gunsmoke.
(b) The smell of campfire smoke.
(c) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(d) The smell of cigar smoke.
2. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(b) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
(c) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(d) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
3. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
4. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(b) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(c) The smell of roses.
(d) The smell of barbeque.
5. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
(a) He was thinking about sledding.
(b) He was thinking about who had been tapping on his window.
(c) He was getting sick.
(d) He was thinking about Dorothy.
6. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(b) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(c) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(d) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
7. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
(a) A jet airplane in the sky.
(b) A cat with a mouse in its mouth.
(c) A pigeon flying in the sky.
(d) A hawk flying overhead.
8. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
(a) Pushes her, screams, throws her hat away.
(b) Screams, steals her books, throws her papers away.
(c) Trips her, calls her names, rips up her homework papers.
(d) Make faces, screams, dumps beans on her shoes, takes her hat.
9. Who is Fishface?
(a) The fourth grade teacher.
(b) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) Palmer's mother.
10. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(b) Let down.
11. Who does Palmer decide to tell about his pet Nipper?
(c) His parents.
12. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(b) Bird food.
(c) Bread crumbs.
(d) Special K.
13. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
14. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like being in love.
(b) It is like going home.
(c) It is like romance.
(d) It is like floating.
15. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
(a) He does not fall asleep, worried that his pigeon will peck on him.
(b) He falls asleep and has nightmares about snow.
(c) He does not sleep alone, his pigeon is sleeping in his room.
(d) He falls asleep and dreams about pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
2. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
3. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
4. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
5. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)