|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
(b) Frightened to be alone.
(c) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(d) Lonely to have lost a friend.
2. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like floating.
(b) It is like being in love.
(c) It is like going home.
(d) It is like romance.
3. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
(a) Henry is shorter than the other two boys.
(b) Henry is the outcast and Palmer will take his place.
(c) Henry is the leader and likes Palmer.
(d) Henry is the meekest and prey to the others.
4. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the school yard to play stickball.
(b) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(c) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(d) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
5. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A piece of cotton for her ear.
(b) A few peanuts.
(c) A handful of Frankenbursts.
(d) A piece of candy.
6. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(b) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(c) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
(d) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
7. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
(a) He wants to make her quit school.
(b) He wants his mother to punish him.
(c) He has a crush on her.
(d) He wants to get a reaction from her.
8. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Palmer is a chicken!"
(b) "Where is Fishface?"
(c) "Wringer! Wringer!"
(d) "Who is afraid of us?"
9. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is happy to have a party.
(b) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(c) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(d) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
10. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
(a) His mother and father.
(c) His brother.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
11. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) Beans and Mutto.
12. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
13. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of garbage.
(b) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
(c) A plastic bag of chocolate.
(d) A plastic bag of eggs.
14. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(b) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
(c) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
(d) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
15. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
2. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
3. Who does Palmer question about Nipper when the bird does not come home?
4. For the gang, what makes a birthday official?
5. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)