|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
(b) In a shelter for the homeless.
(c) In a mansion with his parents.
(d) In an orphanage.
2. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(b) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
(c) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
(d) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
3. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(b) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
(c) Frightened to be alone.
(d) Lonely to have lost a friend.
4. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
(a) A wasp.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A dragonfly.
(d) A mosquito.
5. What does Beans have in the frozen spaghetti and meatballs container in his freezer?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A muskrat.
6. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(a) Let down.
7. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
(a) He was thinking about sledding.
(b) He was getting sick.
(c) He was thinking about who had been tapping on his window.
(d) He was thinking about Dorothy.
8. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
9. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
(a) He walks away form the gang.
(b) He stomps on and smashes a soda can.
(c) He admits to liking Dorothy.
(d) He admits to having a pet pigeon.
10. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
(b) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
(c) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
(d) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
11. What do Beans, Mutto, Henry and Palmer sometimes call themselves?
(a) The Beans Boys.
(b) The Tormentors.
(c) The Rabble Rousers.
(d) The Bad Boys.
12. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(b) "To make the boy feel proud."
(c) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(d) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
13. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
(a) At the baseball field.
(b) At the pigeon cages.
(c) At the World War I cannon.
(d) At the ferris wheel.
14. Who does Palmer question about Nipper when the bird does not come home?
(a) The neighborhood cat.
(b) The golden bird on his father's trophy.
(c) The mailman.
(d) HIs parents.
15. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
(b) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(c) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(d) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Palmer and the kids in town go on the day it snows?
2. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
3. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
4. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
5. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)