|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diversion does Palmer create to keep the gang from coming to his house?
(a) Suggesting they go to Mutto's house.
(b) Suggesting they go to the mall.
(c) Suggesting they snowball Dorothy's house.
(d) Suggesting they play on the soccer field.
2. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a big brother.
(b) Be a son.
(c) Be an 'A' student.
(d) Be a wringer.
3. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(b) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
(c) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
(d) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
4. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Eight hundred.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
5. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
(a) A new red skateboard.
(b) A new red bicycle.
(c) A new red sled.
(d) A new red coat.
6. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
(a) That Nipper would go to a pigeon-friendlier town.
(b) That Nipper would find a friend.
(c) That Nipper would move to Dorothy's house.
(d) That Nipper should only fly at night.
7. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
(a) In his closet.
(b) In the snow.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) On the windowsill.
8. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
(a) Nipper bites Beans on the nose.
(b) He falls and breaks his leg.
(c) Nipper lands on his head.
(d) Palmer kisses Dorothy.
9. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
(b) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
(c) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
(d) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
10. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
(a) Farquar's house for The Treatment.
(b) Palmer's house to play basketball.
(c) The playground to slide.
(d) The park to play soccer.
11. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(b) His tenth birthday is in three months.
(c) He cannot wait to turn ten.
(d) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
12. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
(a) The BIrthday Spankings.
(b) The Playground Bully.
(c) The Treatment.
(d) The Birthday Cake.
13. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of barbeque.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(c) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(d) The smell of roses.
14. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
(b) Bean's grandmother.
(c) Palmer's mother.
15. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A handful of Frankenbursts.
(b) A piece of cotton for her ear.
(c) A few peanuts.
(d) A piece of candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
2. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
3. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
4. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
5. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)