|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
(a) Frosted miniwheats.
(b) Honey Crunchers.
(d) Graham crackers.
2. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(b) His tenth birthday is in three months.
(c) He cannot wait to turn ten.
(d) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
3. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You have run out of birthdays."
(b) "You are finally nine years old."
(c) "You are so cool."
(d) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
4. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(a) Bird food.
(b) Special K.
(c) Bread crumbs.
5. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Lonely to have lost a friend.
(b) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(c) Frightened to be alone.
(d) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
6. What does Beans have in the frozen spaghetti and meatballs container in his freezer?
(a) A snake.
(b) A muskrat.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
7. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
(a) A Lego kit, a bow and arrow, a DVD.
(b) A basketball, a pirate costume, a DVD.
(c) A bell for his bike, a Monopoly game, a pirate game.
(d) A brown apple core, a dirty sock, an old cigar butt.
8. What does Palmer try to convince the gang about the pigeon?
(a) He wants them to believe it did not happen.
(b) He wants them to think he has never seen a pigeon.
(c) He wants them to believe it was a crow.
(d) He wants them to think his father is practicing for the shoot.
9. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
10. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) Beans and Mutto.
11. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
(a) He does not sleep alone, his pigeon is sleeping in his room.
(b) He falls asleep and has nightmares about snow.
(c) He falls asleep and dreams about pigeons.
(d) He does not fall asleep, worried that his pigeon will peck on him.
12. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
(a) Checks inside his closet.
(b) Checks the bathroom.
(c) Checks outside his window.
(d) Checks his parent's room.
13. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
(b) To the school yard to play stickball.
(c) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(d) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
14. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
(b) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
(c) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
(d) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
15. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He pretends he hates pigeons.
(b) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(c) He pretends nothing happened.
(d) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
2. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
3. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
4. Who does Palmer question about Nipper when the bird does not come home?
5. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)