|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beans tell the gang?
(a) He is ten and he is quitting school.
(b) He is ten and he is bad.
(c) He is ten and he is the leader.
(d) He is ten and he is a wringer.
2. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
(b) "You are finally nine years old."
(c) "You have run out of birthdays."
(d) "You are so cool."
3. What does Beans have in the frozen spaghetti and meatballs container in his freezer?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A muskrat.
(d) A cat.
4. Who does Palmer question about Nipper when the bird does not come home?
(a) The mailman.
(b) The neighborhood cat.
(c) HIs parents.
(d) The golden bird on his father's trophy.
5. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
(a) A barrel of laughs with the gang.
(b) A parade and Palmer is the grand marshall.
(c) A lonely and anxious time.
(d) A time like any other.
6. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a big brother.
(b) Be a son.
(c) Be a wringer.
(d) Be an 'A' student.
7. What does Palmer ask the boys to check him for when the bird is gone?
(a) Fleas on his head.
(b) Pigeon poop in his hair.
(c) Scratches on his scalp.
(d) A tear to his jacket.
8. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of barbeque.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(c) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(d) The smell of roses.
9. What does Palmer declare in front of the gang?
(a) "I am going to run away from home!"
(b) "I am going to be the best wringer there ever was!"
(c) "I am not going to speak to Dorothy again!"
(d) "I am moving to another city!"
10. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
(a) On the windowsill.
(b) In the snow.
(c) In his closet.
(d) Under his bed.
11. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
(a) His mother's wrath.
(b) The pigeon shoot.
(c) The end of school.
(d) Bean's birthday party.
12. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(b) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(c) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(d) He is happy to have a party.
13. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A few peanuts.
(b) A handful of Frankenbursts.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A piece of cotton for her ear.
14. As Palmer and the gang continue treestumping and teasing Dorothy, what does Palmer expect to happen?
(a) They would all be suspended from school.
(b) They would be joined by other kids.
(c) They would all get bored and do something else.
(d) They would be aksed to go to the school counselor.
15. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
(b) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
(c) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(d) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
2. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
3. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
4. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
5. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)