|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) His aunt and cousins.
2. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
(a) He does not want to be a wringer.
(b) He does not want to talk to his father.
(c) He does not want to go to school.
(d) He does not want to learn to drive.
3. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(b) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(c) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(d) "To make the boy feel proud."
4. What does Beans tell the gang?
(a) He is ten and he is the leader.
(b) He is ten and he is bad.
(c) He is ten and he is quitting school.
(d) He is ten and he is a wringer.
5. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
(b) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(c) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
(d) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
6. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
(a) A basketball, a pirate costume, a DVD.
(b) A Lego kit, a bow and arrow, a DVD.
(c) A bell for his bike, a Monopoly game, a pirate game.
(d) A brown apple core, a dirty sock, an old cigar butt.
7. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
8. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A few peanuts.
(b) A piece of cotton for her ear.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A handful of Frankenbursts.
9. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
10. What does Palmer give Beans for his birthday?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A football.
(c) A soccer ball.
(d) A basketball.
11. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(c) Let down.
12. While he is with the gang deciding what to do next, what amazing thing happens to Palmer in front of the gang?
(a) Nipper lands on his head.
(b) Palmer kisses Dorothy.
(c) Nipper bites Beans on the nose.
(d) He falls and breaks his leg.
13. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
(a) Bean's birthday party.
(b) The end of school.
(c) His mother's wrath.
(d) The pigeon shoot.
14. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
(b) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(c) He pretends nothing happened.
(d) He pretends he hates pigeons.
15. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of eggs.
(b) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
(c) A plastic bag of garbage.
(d) A plastic bag of chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
2. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
3. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
4. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
5. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)