|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
2. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
(a) A hawk flying overhead.
(b) A cat with a mouse in its mouth.
(c) A pigeon flying in the sky.
(d) A jet airplane in the sky.
3. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His brother.
4. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) He is afraid of the dark.
(b) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(c) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(d) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
5. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(a) Beans and Mutto.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A squirrel.
6. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
(a) That Nipper should only fly at night.
(b) That Nipper would find a friend.
(c) That Nipper would go to a pigeon-friendlier town.
(d) That Nipper would move to Dorothy's house.
7. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
8. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
9. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
(b) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(c) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
(d) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
10. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
(a) A brown apple core, a dirty sock, an old cigar butt.
(b) A bell for his bike, a Monopoly game, a pirate game.
(c) A basketball, a pirate costume, a DVD.
(d) A Lego kit, a bow and arrow, a DVD.
11. What is Beans' real name?
(a) Arthur Palmer.
(b) Arthur LaRue.
(c) Arthur Dodds.
(d) Arthur Jenkins.
12. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
(a) A new red skateboard.
(b) A new red sled.
(c) A new red bicycle.
(d) A new red coat.
13. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Who is afraid of us?"
(b) "Wringer! Wringer!"
(c) "Where is Fishface?"
(d) "Palmer is a chicken!"
14. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
(b) The pigeon flies away.
(c) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
(d) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
15. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He pretends nothing happened.
(b) He pretends he hates pigeons.
(c) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(d) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer declare in front of the gang?
2. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
3. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
4. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
5. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)