|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
(b) A plastic bag of garbage.
(c) A plastic bag of chocolate.
(d) A plastic bag of eggs.
2. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(b) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
(c) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
(d) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
3. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You are so cool."
(b) "You are finally nine years old."
(c) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
(d) "You have run out of birthdays."
4. As Palmer and the gang continue treestumping and teasing Dorothy, what does Palmer expect to happen?
(a) They would all get bored and do something else.
(b) They would be aksed to go to the school counselor.
(c) They would be joined by other kids.
(d) They would all be suspended from school.
5. What does Palmer try to convince the gang about the pigeon?
(a) He wants them to believe it did not happen.
(b) He wants them to believe it was a crow.
(c) He wants them to think his father is practicing for the shoot.
(d) He wants them to think he has never seen a pigeon.
6. Who is Fishface?
(a) Palmer's mother.
(b) The fourth grade teacher.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
7. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the school.
(b) To raise money for the baseball team.
(c) To raise money for the playground.
(d) To raise money for the transit system.
8. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be an 'A' student.
(b) Be a big brother.
(c) Be a son.
(d) Be a wringer.
9. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
10. What does Beans have in the frozen spaghetti and meatballs container in his freezer?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A muskrat.
11. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Walking on his head.
(b) Tapping on the window.
(c) Flying around the room.
(d) Nipping at his earlobe.
12. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
(a) Chases it and wrings its neck.
(b) Chases after it to an alley.
(c) Pulls out a slingshot and shoots at it.
(d) Pulls out a bb gun and shoots at it.
13. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
(b) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
(c) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
(d) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
14. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
(a) Having a pigeon.
(b) Being Dorothy's friend.
(c) Being a poor wringer.
(d) Being a liar.
15. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
(a) He admits to liking Dorothy.
(b) He admits to having a pet pigeon.
(c) He stomps on and smashes a soda can.
(d) He walks away form the gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
2. Why does Beans continue to treestump and tease Dorothy?
3. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
4. Who has Palmer invited to his birthday party?
5. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)