|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
(c) His mother.
2. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
(a) A plastic bag of eggs.
(b) A plastic bag of chocolate.
(c) A plastic bag of garbage.
(d) A plastic bag of mud and sticks.
3. What does Palmer finally admit to Dorothy?
(a) He does not want to learn to drive.
(b) He does not want to go to school.
(c) He does not want to talk to his father.
(d) He does not want to be a wringer.
4. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) He is afraid of the dark.
(b) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(c) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(d) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
5. What does Palmer declare in front of the gang?
(a) "I am going to run away from home!"
(b) "I am going to be the best wringer there ever was!"
(c) "I am moving to another city!"
(d) "I am not going to speak to Dorothy again!"
6. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
(a) The pigeon flies around the room squawking.
(b) The pigeon flies away.
(c) The pigeon hops to the desk and looks at Palmer.
(d) The pigeon walks into Palmer's bedroom and up to his head.
7. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(b) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(c) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(d) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
8. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
(b) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
(c) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(d) To say goodbye to Palmer.
9. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
(a) He borrows a book from the library.
(b) He talks to his father about pigeons.
(c) He asks Dorothy if she knows anything about pigeons.
(d) He buys a book at the bookstore.
10. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
(a) A pigeon flying in the sky.
(b) A hawk flying overhead.
(c) A jet airplane in the sky.
(d) A cat with a mouse in its mouth.
11. What does Palmer try to convince the gang about the pigeon?
(a) He wants them to believe it did not happen.
(b) He wants them to think his father is practicing for the shoot.
(c) He wants them to think he has never seen a pigeon.
(d) He wants them to believe it was a crow.
12. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(a) The merry-go-gound.
(c) The see-saw.
(d) The slide.
13. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
(a) Being Dorothy's friend.
(b) Having a pigeon.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being a poor wringer.
14. What does Beans do with the contents of the spaghetti and meatballs container from the freezer?
(a) Gives it to Palmer as a late birthday gift.
(b) Hammers it to the doorframe of Dorothy's house.
(c) Throws it away after he shows the gang.
(d) Leaves it in the freezer for his mother to find.
15. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a son.
(b) Be an 'A' student.
(c) Be a big brother.
(d) Be a wringer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What diversion does Palmer create to keep the gang from coming to his house?
2. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
3. What is treestumping?
4. Who is Panther?
5. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)