|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
2. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
(c) His mother.
3. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(b) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(c) He is happy to have a party.
(d) He is scared of them and closes the door.
4. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
(a) A new bike.
(b) A birthday party at school.
(c) The honor and respect of the other kids.
(d) Respect from Dorothy.
5. What does Palmer try to convince the gang about the pigeon?
(a) He wants them to believe it did not happen.
(b) He wants them to believe it was a crow.
(c) He wants them to think he has never seen a pigeon.
(d) He wants them to think his father is practicing for the shoot.
6. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
(a) A piece of cotton for her ear.
(b) A few peanuts.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A handful of Frankenbursts.
7. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
(a) On the windowsill.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In the snow.
(d) In his closet.
8. Who does Palmer decide to tell about his pet Nipper?
(d) His parents.
9. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
(a) It is like romance.
(b) It is like floating.
(c) It is like going home.
(d) It is like being in love.
10. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
(a) At the pigeon cages.
(b) At the ferris wheel.
(c) At the baseball field.
(d) At the World War I cannon.
11. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(b) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
(c) Frightened to be alone.
(d) Lonely to have lost a friend.
12. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
(a) A new red sled.
(b) A new red skateboard.
(c) A new red coat.
(d) A new red bicycle.
13. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(b) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
(c) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
(d) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
14. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of roses.
(b) The smell of barbeque.
(c) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(d) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
15. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(b) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
(c) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
(d) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer declare in front of the gang?
2. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
3. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
4. Who is Fishface?
5. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)