|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(b) To the playground to ride on the rides.
(c) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
(d) To the school yard to play stickball.
2. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(b) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
(c) He pretends nothing happened.
(d) He pretends he hates pigeons.
3. How does the gang treat Palmer now that he has refused The Treatment and left them?
(a) They tease him, including treestumping him, and spit on his shoes.
(b) They break into his bedroom and mess up his room.
(c) They call him names and steal his bike.
(d) They ask him to come back to the group now that he has gotten rid of Nipper.
4. Why can't Palmer ask the gang over to see for themselves that the pigeon is gone?
(a) His mother keeps the door to his room locked now.
(b) There is still pigeon poop all over the floors and bookshelves.
(c) His mother will never allow them in the house again.
(d) There is still cereal and other foods in the closet.
5. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To make the boy feel proud."
(b) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(c) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(d) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
2. Where did Palmer wake up the day after his birthday party?
3. Where does Palmer go on his bike on Friday night?
4. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
5. What are the presents the boys give Palmer?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)