|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Palmer invited to his birthday party?
(a) Greeans, Mutton and Shank.
(b) Beans, Mutton and Hank.
(c) Beans, Mutto and George.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
2. What do Dorothy and Palmer finally decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Dorothy will hide Nipper in her room until the gang leaves Palmer alone.
(b) Release Nipper in the park and leave food for him there.
(c) Let Palmer's parents help them make a plan for Nipper.
(d) Dorothy will release him far away while she is on vacation.
3. What was Palmer fearful the teacher would notice about him?
(a) That he had a pigeon for a pet.
(b) That he was frightened of birds.
(c) That he had not practiced like the other kids.
(d) That he did not want to be a wringer.
4. Who is Fishface?
(b) Dorothy Gruzik.
(c) Palmer's mother.
(d) The fourth grade teacher.
5. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Nipping at his earlobe.
(b) Flying around the room.
(c) Tapping on the window.
(d) Walking on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys leave at Fishface's front door?
2. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
3. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
4. How does the narrator describe Palmer's loneliness after Nipper is gone?
5. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)