|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer behave after chasing the bird down the street?
(a) He pretends nothing happened.
(b) He laughs at Mutto for swallowing his gum.
(c) He pretends he hates pigeons.
(d) He screams at Beans for scaring him.
2. How has Palmer's dad been treating him since Nipper left?
(a) He has been affectionate, tousling his hair and rubbing his shoulders.
(b) He has been distant and aloof.
(c) He has been disappointed in Palmer.
(d) He has behaved as he always does.
3. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Nipping at his earlobe.
(b) Tapping on the window.
(c) Walking on his head.
(d) Flying around the room.
4. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A grey pigeon.
(b) A brown dog.
(c) A yellow cat.
(d) A black cat.
5. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
(a) Palmer's house to play basketball.
(b) The playground to slide.
(c) The park to play soccer.
(d) Farquar's house for The Treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dorothy written on Palmer's nerf ball?
2. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
3. What does Palmer find in his bedroom when he rushes in?
4. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
5. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)