|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day as they leave on their bikes, where do Palmer and Dorothy tell their families they are going?
(a) To a friend's house to play.
(b) To the bike trail to meet the other kids for a bike ride.
(c) On an early morning breakfast picnic at the park.
(d) On a twenty mile long bike ride.
2. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(b) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(c) He is happy to have a party.
(d) He is scared of them and closes the door.
3. As Palmer and the gang continue treestumping and teasing Dorothy, what does Palmer expect to happen?
(a) They would all get bored and do something else.
(b) They would be joined by other kids.
(c) They would all be suspended from school.
(d) They would be aksed to go to the school counselor.
4. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
(a) He does not sleep alone, his pigeon is sleeping in his room.
(b) He falls asleep and dreams about pigeons.
(c) He falls asleep and has nightmares about snow.
(d) He does not fall asleep, worried that his pigeon will peck on him.
5. What does Palmer's dad get for him?
(a) He wins him a stuffed pigeon.
(b) He gets him a new bike.
(c) He catches a foul ball.
(d) He buys him a cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
2. How does Henry behave in Palmer's room?
3. What does Miss Kiner ask Palmer to do as punishment?
4. Where do Palmer and the kids in town go on the day it snows?
5. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)