|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(b) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(c) "To make the boy feel proud."
(d) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
2. What did Palmer notice Mutto was carrying in his pocket on the way home from school?
(a) A slingshot.
(c) A dart.
(d) A BB gun.
3. What is Beans' real name?
(a) Arthur LaRue.
(b) Arthur Jenkins.
(c) Arthur Dodds.
(d) Arthur Palmer.
4. What do Dorothy and Palmer decide to do with Nipper?
(a) Take Nipper away from their neighborhood so he will be safe.
(b) Bring Nipper to a veterinarian's office.
(c) Bring Nipper to the zoo.
(d) Take Nipper to Dorothy's house and hide him.
5. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
(a) He does not sleep alone, his pigeon is sleeping in his room.
(b) He does not fall asleep, worried that his pigeon will peck on him.
(c) He falls asleep and has nightmares about snow.
(d) He falls asleep and dreams about pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
2. What important question does Dorothy ask Palmer as his birthday approaches?
3. Who is on the soccer field when the gang arrives?
4. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
5. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)