|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
(a) He buys a book at the bookstore.
(b) He talks to his father about pigeons.
(c) He borrows a book from the library.
(d) He asks Dorothy if she knows anything about pigeons.
2. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(b) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(c) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(d) He is afraid of the dark.
3. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
(a) "Where is Fishface?"
(b) "Palmer is a chicken!"
(c) "Who is afraid of us?"
(d) "Wringer! Wringer!"
4. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(a) Let down.
5. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In a mansion with his parents.
(c) In a shelter for the homeless.
(d) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
2. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
3. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
4. Who does Palmer find in his room when he comes home from Beans's party?
5. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)