|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a wringer.
(b) Be a big brother.
(c) Be a son.
(d) Be an 'A' student.
2. What does Palmer decide to do to avoid the warning?
(a) Take Nipper and sleep somewhere else in the house.
(b) Open the window and make Nipper fly away.
(c) Spend the night at Dorothy's.
(d) Tell his parents he is afraid of Beans.
3. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows he will never have a brother.
(b) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
(c) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
(d) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
4. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A yellow cat.
(b) A grey pigeon.
(c) A brown dog.
(d) A black cat.
5. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(b) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
(c) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(d) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is treestumping?
2. What do the boys run in to the den to look at again and again?
3. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
4. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
5. What was Palmer fearful the teacher would notice about him?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)