|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(b) The smell of campfire smoke.
(c) The smell of cigar smoke.
(d) The smell of gunsmoke.
2. What does Palmer decide to wear to school on the last day?
(a) A football helmet.
(b) A stocking cap.
(c) A hockey mask.
(d) His elephant mask.
3. What does Palmer declare in front of the gang?
(a) "I am not going to speak to Dorothy again!"
(b) "I am moving to another city!"
(c) "I am going to run away from home!"
(d) "I am going to be the best wringer there ever was!"
4. Why is Palmer feeling so badly on his birthday?
(a) He knows his parents will find out about Nipper.
(b) He knows he will never have a brother.
(c) He knows he will have more chores around the house.
(d) He knows he will now have to be a wringer.
5. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
(a) That Nipper should only fly at night.
(b) That Nipper would find a friend.
(c) That Nipper would move to Dorothy's house.
(d) That Nipper would go to a pigeon-friendlier town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer describe the feeling he has when he is with Dorothy?
2. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
3. What new experience does Palmer have when falling asleep after talking to his mother?
4. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
5. What does Palmer finally do on the last Monday of the school year?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)