|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(b) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(c) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(d) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
2. How many different colors does Palmer count on the pigeon while the bird eats?
3. What does Palmer know he should wish but cannot?
(a) That Nipper would move to Dorothy's house.
(b) That Nipper would go to a pigeon-friendlier town.
(c) That Nipper should only fly at night.
(d) That Nipper would find a friend.
4. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
5. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a mansion with his parents.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
(d) In a shelter for the homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palmer question about Nipper when the bird does not come home?
2. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
3. Where do Palmer and his friends go after cake and ice cream?
4. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
5. As Palmer and the gang continue treestumping and teasing Dorothy, what does Palmer expect to happen?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)