|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
(a) Pushes her, screams, throws her hat away.
(b) Make faces, screams, dumps beans on her shoes, takes her hat.
(c) Trips her, calls her names, rips up her homework papers.
(d) Screams, steals her books, throws her papers away.
2. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke.
(c) The smell of campfire smoke.
(d) The smell of cigar smoke.
3. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) He is afraid of the dark.
(b) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(c) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(d) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
4. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
(a) "You are my pigeon and I love you."
(b) "You cannot come here to eat anymore."
(c) "You are not leaving this room again."
(d) "You are a stupid pigeon."
5. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Walking on his head.
(b) Flying around the room.
(c) Nipping at his earlobe.
(d) Tapping on the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the gang go after Beans has opened his presents?
2. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
3. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
4. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
5. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)