|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
(a) Wrapped it up and put it in his dresser drawer.
(b) Wrapped it up and hid it in his mother's closet.
(c) Wrapped it up and put it under his bed for kids to see.
(d) Wrapped it up and buried it in his back yard.
2. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the school.
(b) To raise money for the transit system.
(c) To raise money for the playground.
(d) To raise money for the baseball team.
3. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(b) The slide.
(c) The merry-go-gound.
(d) The see-saw.
4. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(b) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
(c) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
(d) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
5. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the old boarded up railroad station to see all of the pigeons.
(b) To the school yard to play stickball.
(c) To the soccer field to see the wringers.
(d) To the playground to ride on the rides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
2. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
3. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
4. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
5. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)