|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(b) He runs away from home.
(c) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(d) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
2. Who is Panther?
(a) A new member of the gang.
(b) A mean and unfriendly cat.
(c) A dog who bites people.
(d) A real panther who comes out at night.
3. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
(d) Palmer's mother.
4. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(b) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
(c) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
(d) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
5. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) Beans and Mutto.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
2. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
3. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
4. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
5. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)