|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
(b) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(c) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(d) "To make the boy feel proud."
2. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(b) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
(c) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
(d) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
3. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(b) Let down.
4. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
5. What does Palmer think to himself when Beans makes his announcement to his friends at the soccer field?
(a) He cannot wait to turn ten.
(b) He wonders if Beans will really be a wringer.
(c) He thinks Beans is faking it being so happy.
(d) His tenth birthday is in three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys see after pulling their prank at Dorothy's house?
2. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
3. What other things does Beans do to try and get a reaction from Dorothy?
4. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
5. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)