|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
(b) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
(c) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(d) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
2. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(b) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(c) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
(d) He runs away from home.
3. What smell comes to Palmer's nose as he walks onto the soccer field?
(a) The smell of gunsmoke from the pigeon shoot.
(b) The smell of fresh baked cookies.
(c) The smell of barbeque.
(d) The smell of roses.
4. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
(b) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(c) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(d) He is afraid of the dark.
5. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
(a) Pulls out a bb gun and shoots at it.
(b) Chases after it to an alley.
(c) Chases it and wrings its neck.
(d) Pulls out a slingshot and shoots at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
2. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
3. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
4. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
5. For the gang, what makes a birthday official?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)