|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Nipping at his earlobe.
(b) Tapping on the window.
(c) Flying around the room.
(d) Walking on his head.
2. As Palmer and the gang continue treestumping and teasing Dorothy, what does Palmer expect to happen?
(a) They would all get bored and do something else.
(b) They would be aksed to go to the school counselor.
(c) They would be joined by other kids.
(d) They would all be suspended from school.
3. How does Palmer feel when he arrives home after school and finds the pigeon gone?
(a) Lonely to have lost a friend.
(b) Relieved that the gang will not see the pigeon.
(c) Frightened to be alone.
(d) Sad to see the pigeon had left.
4. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(b) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
(c) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(d) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
5. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
(a) Respect from Dorothy.
(b) A birthday party at school.
(c) A new bike.
(d) The honor and respect of the other kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is treestumping?
2. Where do Palmer and the kids in town go on the day it snows?
3. What does Beans do when he sees a pigeon in the sky?
4. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
5. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)