|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the baseball team.
(b) To raise money for the school.
(c) To raise money for the transit system.
(d) To raise money for the playground.
2. What is treestumping?
(a) Standing in front of a tree and throwing snowballs at houses.
(b) Standing behind a tree and throwing a snowball at Dorothy.
(c) Standing behind a tree and throwing snowballs at passing cars.
(d) Standing in front of Dorothy like a tree to block her walking.
3. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
4. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
(a) A parade and Palmer is the grand marshall.
(b) A barrel of laughs with the gang.
(c) A lonely and anxious time.
(d) A time like any other.
5. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) Dorothy Gruzik.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His aunt and cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
2. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
3. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
4. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
5. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)