|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(b) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(c) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(d) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
2. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
(b) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(c) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(d) He runs away from home.
3. Why does Nipper fly around the house once or twice before flying away in the morning?
(a) To set the compass in his head in order to return.
(b) To look for other pigeons before leaving.
(c) To say goodbye to Palmer.
(d) To tease Beans and the rest of the gang.
4. What does Beans have in the frozen spaghetti and meatballs container in his freezer?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A muskrat.
(d) A cat.
5. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(b) Bird food.
(c) Special K.
(d) Bread crumbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Palmer and the gang attack with snowballs on their way to school one morning?
2. What does Palmer say to Nipper when the bird comes home after his flight over the town?
3. What special food does Palmer get for his pigeon?
4. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
5. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)