|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(b) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
(c) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(d) He runs away from home.
2. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
(a) Palmer asks her to please knock before coming in to his room.
(b) Palmer asks her to please do his laundry.
(c) Palmer asks her to please call him Snots.
(d) Palmer asks her to please buy pigeon food.
3. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the school.
(b) To raise money for the transit system.
(c) To raise money for the baseball team.
(d) To raise money for the playground.
4. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
(a) Bean's birthday party.
(b) His mother's wrath.
(c) The pigeon shoot.
(d) The end of school.
5. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(b) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(c) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(d) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
2. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
3. What is Beans' real name?
4. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
5. What is treestumping?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)