|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of gunsmoke.
(b) The smell of cigar smoke.
(c) The smell of campfire smoke.
(d) The smell of cigarette smoke.
2. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a shelter for the homeless.
(b) In a mansion with his parents.
(c) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
(d) In an orphanage.
3. What does Palmer feed the pigeon?
(a) Bird food.
(b) Special K.
(c) Bread crumbs.
4. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(b) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(c) He is happy to have a party.
(d) He is scared of them and closes the door.
5. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You have run out of birthdays."
(b) "You are finally nine years old."
(c) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
(d) "You are so cool."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
2. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
3. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
4. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
5. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)