|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of campfire smoke.
(b) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(c) The smell of cigar smoke.
(d) The smell of gunsmoke.
2. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the playground.
(b) To raise money for the baseball team.
(c) To raise money for the transit system.
(d) To raise money for the school.
3. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
4. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(b) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(c) He is afraid of the dark.
(d) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
5. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
(c) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
2. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
3. What does the pigeon do when Palmer opens the window the second evening?
4. What is Beans' real name?
5. What does Palmer ask of his mother one evening before bed?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)