|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You have run out of birthdays."
(b) "You are so cool."
(c) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
(d) "You are finally nine years old."
2. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(b) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
(c) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
(d) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
3. What playground equipment do Palmer and the gang play on the afternoon of his party?
(b) The slide.
(c) The see-saw.
(d) The merry-go-gound.
4. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(b) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(c) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(d) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
5. Where does Palmer imagine Beans lives?
(a) In a shelter for the homeless.
(b) In a mansion with his parents.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In a lean-to or a cave by the creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
2. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
3. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
4. How does Palmer learn about pigeons?
5. Where do the boys go in the middle of the night?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)