|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a wringer.
(b) Be a son.
(c) Be an 'A' student.
(d) Be a big brother.
2. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
(a) Respect from Dorothy.
(b) The honor and respect of the other kids.
(c) A new bike.
(d) A birthday party at school.
3. Why did Palmer have trouble concentrating at school?
(a) He was thinking about Dorothy.
(b) He was getting sick.
(c) He was thinking about sledding.
(d) He was thinking about who had been tapping on his window.
4. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(b) He is happy to have a party.
(c) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(d) He is scared of them and closes the door.
5. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
(a) He tells Palmer yes, and explains how much he liked it.
(b) He tells Palmer yes, and assures him he will be one, too.
(c) He tells Palmer no, and Palmer does not have to be a wringer, either.
(d) He tells Palmer no, he does not believe in wringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
2. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
3. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
4. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
5. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)