|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer feel when the boys show up to his party?
(a) He is scared of them and closes the door.
(b) He feels he is finally accepted into their group.
(c) He is surprised since he had not invited these boys.
(d) He is happy to have a party.
2. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
(a) To raise money for the playground.
(b) To raise money for the baseball team.
(c) To raise money for the transit system.
(d) To raise money for the school.
3. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
(a) Henry is the outcast and Palmer will take his place.
(b) Henry is the leader and likes Palmer.
(c) Henry is shorter than the other two boys.
(d) Henry is the meekest and prey to the others.
4. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be an 'A' student.
(b) Be a wringer.
(c) Be a son.
(d) Be a big brother.
5. How does Palmer decide to handle Saturday and the pigeon shoot?
(a) He leaves with his family for the weekend.
(b) He runs away from home.
(c) He pretends to be sick and stays home all day.
(d) He goes with Dorothy's family to the neighboring town to shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
2. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
3. Before going to sleep, what does Palmer do with his flashlight?
4. Where do Palmer and the kids in town go on the day it snows?
5. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)