|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
2. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of campfire smoke.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke.
(c) The smell of cigar smoke.
(d) The smell of cigarette smoke.
3. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Eight hundred.
(d) One thousand.
4. With whom does Palmer attend his second pigeon shoot?
(a) His aunt and cousins.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) Dorothy Gruzik.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
5. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(b) "To make the boy feel proud."
(c) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(d) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
Short Answer Questions
1. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
2. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
3. Where is Palmer to meet the gang on Saturday for the pigeon shoot?
4. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
5. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)