|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer believe he will receive from lasting out his time with Farquar?
(a) A new bike.
(b) The honor and respect of the other kids.
(c) Respect from Dorothy.
(d) A birthday party at school.
2. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(b) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(c) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
(d) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
3. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
(a) His photo album from his ninth birthday.
(b) His metal toy soldiers that were once his grandfather's.
(c) Roller blades.
(d) Boxing gloves.
4. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
(a) A coat button, orange with a black ring around it.
(b) A shirt button, orange with a black dot in the center.
(c) A coat button, blue with an orange center.
(d) A shirt button, black with an orange dot in the center.
5. Who do the boys see at the playground on Palmer's birthday?
(c) Palmer's mother.
(d) Bean's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
2. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
3. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
4. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
5. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)