|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
(a) Henry is the outcast and Palmer will take his place.
(b) Henry is the leader and likes Palmer.
(c) Henry is the meekest and prey to the others.
(d) Henry is shorter than the other two boys.
2. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(b) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(c) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(d) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
3. What does Palmer hear in his dream on the night of his birthday?
(a) "You are so cool."
(b) "You have run out of birthdays."
(c) "Your father must respect you to give you the soldiers."
(d) "You are finally nine years old."
4. With what ritual do the boys in town associate Farquar?
(a) The BIrthday Spankings.
(b) The Treatment.
(c) The Playground Bully.
(d) The Birthday Cake.
5. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur put the body of the first ever pigeon whose neck he had rung?
2. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
3. What is Beans' real name?
4. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
5. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)