|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
(a) He tells Palmer yes, and assures him he will be one, too.
(b) He tells Palmer yes, and explains how much he liked it.
(c) He tells Palmer no, he does not believe in wringing.
(d) He tells Palmer no, and Palmer does not have to be a wringer, either.
2. What is the thing Palmer does not want to do?
(a) Be a son.
(b) Be an 'A' student.
(c) Be a wringer.
(d) Be a big brother.
3. How many pigeons are gathered for the pigeon shoot, according to Palmer's dad?
(a) Eight hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
4. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To make the boy feel proud."
(b) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(c) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(d) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
5. How does Palmer describe the weeks following his birthday?
(a) A barrel of laughs with the gang.
(b) A parade and Palmer is the grand marshall.
(c) A lonely and anxious time.
(d) A time like any other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer's father give him as a ninth birthday gift?
2. Who is Fishface?
3. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
4. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
5. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)