|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Palmer's mother ask to come into his room?
(a) To tell him she knows about Nipper.
(b) To ask him about his plans for the pigeon shoot.
(c) To tell him he must clean his room.
(d) To ask him about the white, chalky spots all over the room.
2. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
(b) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(c) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(d) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
3. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
(a) A new red bicycle.
(b) A new red coat.
(c) A new red skateboard.
(d) A new red sled.
4. At the end of the day, why does Palmer feel he can smile?
(a) Because he is going to a new school in the fall.
(b) Because he has finished this school year and kept Nipper hidden.
(c) Because he has successfuly fooled his teacher.
(d) Because the day is over.
5. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
(a) She gets her father to walk home with her.
(b) She finds another way to and from school.
(c) She turns to Palmer and asks why he is doing this to her.
(d) She cries and tells Beans to leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Palmer tell Dorothy he lives in the wrong town?
2. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
3. Why does Palmer run upstairs after hearing about the cat?
4. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
5. What does Dorothy do on Palmer's birthday?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)