|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(b) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(c) "To make the boy feel proud."
(d) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
2. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
(d) Palmer's mother.
3. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of campfire smoke.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke.
(c) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(d) The smell of cigar smoke.
4. What does Palmer's mother tell him she has seen on the stairway of the house?
(a) A yellow cat.
(b) A brown dog.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A grey pigeon.
5. What are some of the things Palmer apologizes for?
(a) Calling Dorothy ugly, the Panther prank, treestumping.
(b) Pelting Dorothy with mud, a cat trick, teasing her.
(c) Hitting Dorothy, ruining her hopscotch game, teasing her.
(d) Calling Dorothy Fishface, the muskrat prank, treestumping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palmer ask the boys to check him for when the bird is gone?
2. How does Dorothy finally handle the situation?
3. How does Palmer react to Bean's accusation?
4. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
5. What do Beans, Mutto, Henry and Palmer sometimes call themselves?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)