|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
(a) He tells Palmer no, and Palmer does not have to be a wringer, either.
(b) He tells Palmer yes, and explains how much he liked it.
(c) He tells Palmer no, he does not believe in wringing.
(d) He tells Palmer yes, and assures him he will be one, too.
2. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(b) "To make the boy feel proud."
(c) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(d) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
3. What condition does Palmer's mother place on his having a tenth birthday party?
(a) He must invite his cousins.
(b) He must invite two other friends from his class at school.
(c) He must invite Dorothy.
(d) He must not invite Beans.
4. Where does Palmer's pigeon sleep?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In the snow.
(c) On the windowsill.
(d) In his closet.
5. When Dorothy tells him he is famous, how does Palmer respond?
(a) He does not like people talking about him behind his back.
(b) He does not want to be famous, he wants to be infamous.
(c) He likes being famous and wants to be known as a clown.
(d) He does not want to be famous, he wants to be invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palmer question about Nipper when the bird does not come home?
2. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
3. Of what does Beans accuse Palmer when they are walking back to their street?
4. What does Palmer finally do on the last Monday of the school year?
5. What does Palmer give Dorothy to use in hopes of getting Nipper to stand on her head?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)