|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pigeon wake Palmer in the mornings?
(a) Tapping on the window.
(b) Flying around the room.
(c) Walking on his head.
(d) Nipping at his earlobe.
2. When Palmer asks his mother why the boy wrung the pigeon's neck, what does she say?
(a) "To put the pigeon out of its misery."
(b) "To let everyone know the pigeon shoot had started."
(c) "To make the boy feel proud."
(d) "To help the pigeon go to heaven."
3. How does Palmer feel running with the boys?
(a) Let down.
4. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
(a) Henry is shorter than the other two boys.
(b) Henry is the meekest and prey to the others.
(c) Henry is the outcast and Palmer will take his place.
(d) Henry is the leader and likes Palmer.
5. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
(a) He tells Palmer yes, and explains how much he liked it.
(b) He tells Palmer no, he does not believe in wringing.
(c) He tells Palmer no, and Palmer does not have to be a wringer, either.
(d) He tells Palmer yes, and assures him he will be one, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
2. What does Palmer feel "lurking in shadowy doorways"?
3. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
4. What does Palmer get for Christmas from his parents?
5. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)