|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Palmer on his first Pigeon Day?
2. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(b) The smell of cigar smoke.
(c) The smell of campfire smoke.
(d) The smell of gunsmoke.
3. What does Palmer think about Henry when they are playing at the park?
(a) Henry is shorter than the other two boys.
(b) Henry is the leader and likes Palmer.
(c) Henry is the outcast and Palmer will take his place.
(d) Henry is the meekest and prey to the others.
4. What story do people tell about Arthur at the pigeon shoot one summer before he is a wringer?
(a) He became frightened and could not wring a pigeon's neck.
(b) He hid behind his father, afraid of the falling pigeon feathers.
(c) He wrung a pigeon's neck in the middle of a family picnic.
(d) He gathered up all of the dead pigeons in a bag.
5. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
(a) He tells Palmer no, he does not believe in wringing.
(b) He tells Palmer yes, and explains how much he liked it.
(c) He tells Palmer yes, and assures him he will be one, too.
(d) He tells Palmer no, and Palmer does not have to be a wringer, either.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pigeon doing if he is roosting?
2. Where do Palmer and the kids in town go on the day it snows?
3. What name does Palmer give his pigeon?
4. Who is tapping at Palmer's window early one morning?
5. Who is Fishface?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)