Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• The main character, Palmer LaRue, describes his dread of being a wringer.
• This dread follows him everywhere he goes.
• In his dreams he cannot wring the neck of a pigeon as the crowd cheers him on.
• Palmer is thrilled when Beans, Mutto and Henry arrive at his party.
• He likes their gifts because he feels included in their group.
• He likes his new nickname, Snots.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Palmer and the gang leave the house and Beans asks about Fishface, his name for Dorothy.
• As a prank, Beans gathers mud and twigs and leaves them on Dorothy's front door.
• The boys continue on to the park where Henry and Beans enact the wringing of a pigeon's neck for fun.
• Palmer is upset by their play, reminded of a wringing he had seen as a child, and leaves.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Palmer meets up with the...
This section contains 2,722 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)