Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* The main character, Palmer LaRue, describes his dread of being a wringer.
* This dread follows him everywhere he goes.
* In his dreams he cannot wring the neck of a pigeon as the crowd cheers him on.
* Palmer is thrilled when Beans, Mutto and Henry arrive at his party.
* He likes their gifts because he feels included in their group.
* He likes his new nickname, Snots.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Palmer and the gang leave the house and Beans asks about Fishface, his name for Dorothy.
* As a prank, Beans gathers mud and twigs and leaves them on Dorothy's front door.
* The boys continue on to the park where Henry and Beans enact the wringing of a pigeon's neck for fun.
* Palmer is upset by their play, reminded of a wringing he had seen as a child, and leaves.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
* Palmer meets up with the gang later and...
This section contains 2,692 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)