|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tyson, who taught Tyson to be loyal?
(a) The church.
(b) His father.
(c) The Army.
(d) His wife.
2. In the hospital in Hue, who threw a grenade at a young boy who jumped out one of the hospital's windows?
(a) Lawrence Crane.
(b) Lee Walker.
(c) Richard Farley.
(d) Hernando Beltran.
3. Which of the witnesses for Tyson offers to pay for a hit on Brandt?
(a) Louis Kalane.
(b) Hernando Beltran.
(c) Tony Scorello.
(d) Richard Farley.
4. What does the trial's first witness admit under oath regarding Tyson's mental state in Vietnam?
(a) Tyson seemed frightened of his men.
(b) Tyson seemed out of control.
(c) Tyson seemed calm and collected.
(d) Tyson seemed enraged at his men.
5. Where is the court martial trial held?
(a) On the Army base.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In a conference room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marcy announces that she is going back to work, how close is the court martial?
2. When Corva first tells Tyson about the witnesses who will testify on Tyson's behalf, what does Corva question about these men?
3. According to Corva's story about one of his other clients, how many people did the sharpshooter kill?
4. After talking with Tyson, Corva realizes there is bad blood between Tyson and who?
5. Who does the person offering to pay for the hit on Brandt ask to arrange the hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Sproule explains the trial's purpose, what does Sproule warn the prosecution against?
2. Summarize the closing arguments of both Pierce and Corva.
3. Describe the appearance of Richard Farley at the court martial trial.
4. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. Why does Tyson wish that Corva were with him?
5. Why is Corva pleased that the panel takes more than a few hours to return their verdict?
6. When Corva asks Tyson to explain about Larry Cane's death, what does Tyson tell Corva?
7. When Harper tells Tyson that several of his old platoon members have "finally" been located, what does Tyson believe?
8. As Tyson and Corva share a drink, what does Tyson realize about other people who had served and returned from Vietnam?
9. When Corva cross-examines Brandt, Corva seems to jump randomly from point to point. What was Corva's purpose in this seeming randomness?
10. As Corva and Tyson leave the conference room to head into the hearing, Corva tells Tyson that the witnesses seem like good men. What is Tyson's response?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)