|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Corva tells Tyson, how many cases has Corva's opposing counsel won?
(a) All of them.
(b) A few of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) More than he's lost.
2. When one of the panelists questions the trial's first witness, what does the witness admit to doing?
(a) Stabbing several people.
(b) Hitting several people.
(c) Shooting at several people.
(d) Killing several people.
3. According to Corva's story about one of his other clients, why did the sharpshooter kill those people?
(a) His watch was fast.
(b) His car broke down.
(c) His temper was hot.
(d) His wife provoked him.
4. As the hearing is getting underway, what does Corva object to Steven Brandt being referred to as?
5. The night after the hospital massacre, which platoon member next took up the story that the men would all eventually agree to stick to?
(a) Steven Brandt.
(b) Daniel Kelly.
(c) Ben Tyson.
(d) Richard Farley.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the court martial trial breaks for lunch, Tyson returns to the officer's quarters assigned to Corva, and Tyson is surprised by what he sees in Corva's room. What does Tyson see?
2. When Marcy announces that she is going back to work, how close is the court martial?
3. According to his statement, who first told Picard the story of the hospital massacre?
4. In the hospital in Hue, who eventually pistol whipped Tyson in an effort to remove him from a dangerous situation, and ultimately saved Tyson's life?
5. When Marcy "goes a bit crazy", what does Marcy throw through a window?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Corva and Tyson leave the conference room to head into the hearing, Corva tells Tyson that the witnesses seem like good men. What is Tyson's response?
2. On the third day of the trial, what does Tyson insist that Corva do?
3. As Tyson and Corva share a drink, what does Tyson realize about other people who had served and returned from Vietnam?
4. According to Sproule, what is the purpose of the trial?
5. As the court martial approaches, what does Corva remind Tyson will happen if Tyson is ordered to tell the truth?
6. As the witnesses discuss the potential hit on Brandt, what does Tyson interrupt the conversation to tell the men?
7. As Tyson and his platoon left the hospital after the massacre, why was Tyson relieved that they had Crane's body with them?
8. When Tyson takes his turn to make a statement, what does he say?
9. As Tyson and Corva share a drink, Corva tells Tyson that he thinks Tyson is guilty. What does Corva not want Tyson to have to do?
10. Summarize the closing arguments of both Pierce and Corva.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)