|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the court martial trial, who is the first witness called to the stand?
(a) Andrew Picard.
(b) Daniel Kelly.
(c) Steven Brandt.
(d) Richard Farley.
2. When Brandt unfairly characterizes Tyson's intentions while under oath, Tyson stands up abruptly. Who does Tyson frighten when he stands up?
(a) Steven Brandt.
(b) Karen Harper.
(c) Walter Sproule.
(d) Farnley Gilmer.
3. As Corva and Tyson leave the conference room to head into the hearing, what does Corva tell Tyson it's good to see?
(d) Unit pride.
4. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. What excuse does Corva give for sending Tyson in alone?
(a) Corva needs to use the rest room.
(b) Corva needs to see the judge.
(c) Corva needs to make a phone call.
(d) Corva needs to retrieve paperwork.
5. Which member of the panel do Tyson and Corva elect to eliminate from the panel?
(a) Colonel Pierce.
(b) Colonel Harper.
(c) Colonel Laski.
(d) Colonel Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the court martial, who is a mechanic?
2. According to Corva, what is the name of the JAG representative taking over for Harper?
3. How many members sit on the panel that serves as the jury for the court martial trial?
4. The night after the hospital massacre, which platoon member next took up the story that the men would all eventually agree to stick to?
5. While in Vietnam, who did Tyson come across raping a young Vietnamese girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the closing arguments of both Pierce and Corva.
2. According to Sproule, what is the purpose of the trial?
3. As Corva and Tyson leave the conference room to head into the hearing, Corva tells Tyson that the witnesses seem like good men. What is Tyson's response?
4. When the rabbi is asked about giving up his office for Corva and Tyson to use, what does the rabbit say?
5. When Corva asks Tyson to explain about Larry Cane's death, what does Tyson tell Corva?
6. As Tyson and Corva share a drink, Corva tells Tyson that he thinks Tyson is guilty. What does Corva not want Tyson to have to do?
7. When Steven Brandt is on the stand, what does Brandt say was his impression of Tyson while the platoon was in the operating room?
8. When the court martial gets underway, Corva makes an announcement that draws criticism. How does Corva respond to the criticism?
9. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. Why does Tyson wish that Corva were with him?
10. On the third day of the trial, what does Tyson insist that Corva do?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)