|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the court martial trial breaks for lunch, Tyson returns to the officer's quarters assigned to Corva, and Tyson is surprised by what he sees in Corva's room. What does Tyson see?
(a) Papers regarding the trial all over the room.
(b) Papers regarding the Vietnam War all over the room.
(c) Papers regarding the death penalty all over the room.
(d) Papers regarding the prosecuting attorney all over the room.
2. In the hospital in Hue, who actually shot the Australian doctor in the operating room?
(a) Daniel Kelly.
(b) Lawrence Cane.
(c) Phillip Sloan.
(d) Richard Farley.
3. Who wrote up the commendation for Tyson's Silver Star?
(a) Daniel Kelly.
(b) Steven Brandt.
(c) Richard Farley.
(d) Phillip Sloan.
4. According to the JAG prosecution attorney, what is the one thing that will NOT come out of the court martial hearing?
(a) A resolution.
(b) An ending.
(c) An apology.
(d) A verdict.
5. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. What excuse does Corva give for sending Tyson in alone?
(a) Corva needs to retrieve paperwork.
(b) Corva needs to see the judge.
(c) Corva needs to use the rest room.
(d) Corva needs to make a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brandt testifies that he always felt he should have reported the hospital incident, but was afraid to. What was Brandt afraid of?
2. As Tyson and his platoon left the hospital after the massacre, where did Tyson tell his questioner that the platoon was headed to?
3. How many members sit on the panel that serves as the jury for the court martial trial?
4. According to the prosecutor's opening statement, what does the prosecution NOT have to do?
5. According to the testimony given, where did the platoon sit down and decide what story they would all hold to regarding the events at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Harper tells Tyson that several of his old platoon members have "finally" been located, what does Tyson believe?
2. When Tyson takes his turn to make a statement, what does he say?
3. As Tyson and Corva share a drink, what does Tyson realize about other people who had served and returned from Vietnam?
4. On the third day of the trial, what does Tyson insist that Corva do?
5. Tyson and Corva have the option of eliminating one member from the panel that serves as the jury for the court martial. What do Tyson and Corva base their elimination decision on?
6. What is one of Ben's main objections to Marcy's plans to return to work?
7. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. Why does Tyson wish that Corva were with him?
8. After escorting a man from the courtroom with the excuse that he might be called as a witness, what does Corva reveal to be his true intentions for removing the man?
9. As Tyson and his platoon left the hospital after the massacre, why was Tyson relieved that they had Crane's body with them?
10. As Tyson and Corva share a drink, Corva tells Tyson that he thinks Tyson is guilty. What does Corva not want Tyson to have to do?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)