|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book that details the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Andrew Picard.
(b) Allan Picard.
(c) Alex Picard.
(d) Adam Picard.
2. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
3. What does Harper ask Tyson to plead guilty to?
4. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
(a) The rules of engagement Tyson was given.
(b) The rules of engagement Brandt was given.
(c) The rules of engagement Levin was given.
(d) The rules of engagement Harper was given.
5. What are the enlisted men offered in exchange for their testimony against Tyson?
(b) Community service.
(c) 2-5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his son doing?
2. How did the only member of Tyson's platoon to be killed in the hospital massacre die?
3. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, who does Ben want to send David to live with?
4. Who is the Army's Judge Advocate General?
5. What does Tyson do after leaving Picard's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tyson's platoon was pinned down by enemy fire, what did Tyson realize would offer his platoon a chance to escape?
2. When Tyson tells Marcy that they need a new car, why does Marcy tell him the car purchase is unwise?
3. According to what Picard tells Ben Tyson, why does Picard confide that he probably should not have used the chapter about the hospital massacre?
4. When Tyson meets with the man who quietly suggests that Tyson leave the country, how does that meeting end?
5. After hearing the charges against him, what fact does Tyson point out that makes him feel that charges should never have been filed?
6. How does the Lieutenant Colonel try to comfort Tyson when Tyson objects to the travel restriction?
7. Describe the situation that Picard shares with Ben Tyson as an example of one of Picard's "bad light" experiences.
8. As Ben Tyson sees the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam, what does Tyson suddenly realize?
9. Why is Ben Tyson afraid of following the advice given to him by his attorney just after Tyson learns of the book's existence?
10. Why does Tyson object to the radius in which Tyson's travel is restricted to while he lives on the military base?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)