|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the greeting Tyson receives at the military base characterized?
(a) As friendly.
(b) As harried.
(c) As rude.
(d) As congenial.
2. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his son doing?
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Necking with a girl.
3. What is the name of the officer who greets Tyson when he arrives at the military base?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Larson.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Landry.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Levin.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Leemer.
4. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, what did he remember the person attending him writing on his forehead?
5. What was the name of the medic who was part of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Lawrence Cane.
(b) Richard Farley.
(c) Steven Brandt.
(d) Daniel Kelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, where does Ben want to send David?
2. Who is the presidential aide that attends the meeting regarding the jurisdiction of Tyson's case?
3. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what does he see that the doctor who treated him noted in his file that Tyson could not tolerate?
4. When Tyson begins to beat up the man he goes outside the officer's club to meet, who breaks up the fight?
5. What was hanging out of one of the windows of the building Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Tyson not reassigned in Vietnam like he was supposed to be?
2. Why does Tyson excuse himself from the officer's club while he is dining with Marcy to meet a man outside?
3. According to what Picard tells Ben Tyson, why does Picard confide that he probably should not have used the chapter about the hospital massacre?
4. As Tyson and his military attorney talk, describe the military attorney's attitude regarding war stories.
5. How much money does Tyson's military attorney agree to represent Tyson for?
6. Why is Ben Tyson afraid of following the advice given to him by his attorney just after Tyson learns of the book's existence?
7. According to what Picard tells Ben Tyson, why did his mysterious visitor come to see him?
8. When being questioned by the government investigator, Tyson realizes that his story is full of holes, but sticks to it anyway. Why?
9. Why does Tyson object to the radius in which Tyson's travel is restricted to while he lives on the military base?
10. According to the book about the events in Vietnam, why was an Australian killed?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)