|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his wife doing?
(a) Dining out with a friend.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Cooking dinner.
2. Who does the government decide to put in charge of the investigation against Tyson?
(a) Major Berg.
(b) Major Truscott.
(c) Major Harper.
(d) Major Van Arken.
3. When Tyson and Marcy go to the officer's club to have dinner, who does the person Tyson introduces to his wife claim to be?
(a) A Vietnam veteran.
(b) A Methodist minister.
(c) A special investigator.
(d) A Baptist chaplain.
4. What is the name of the noted military law professor that the government's team consults?
(a) Colonel Hickman.
(b) Colonel Helney.
(c) Colonel Horton.
(d) Colonel Harper.
5. What is the potentially worst punishment that Tyson and his men could be facing, pending the trial's outcome?
(a) Death by lethal injection.
(c) Life imprisonment.
(d) Death by firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the sources cited by Andrew Picard for his book?
2. What was An Ninh Ha?
3. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
4. Which of the men attending the jurisdictional meeting parts with an admonition to remember the potential penalties that Tyson and his men are facing?
5. Who is the Army's Judge Advocate General?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to what Picard tells Ben Tyson, why did his mysterious visitor come to see him?
2. Why does Tyson excuse himself from the officer's club while he is dining with Marcy to meet a man outside?
3. According to what Picard tells Ben Tyson, why does Picard confide that he probably should not have used the chapter about the hospital massacre?
4. Why does Tyson object to the radius in which Tyson's travel is restricted to while he lives on the military base?
5. As Ben Tyson sees the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam, what does Tyson suddenly realize?
6. Why does Tyson refuse to call for those members of his platoon who are still alive to come to his defense?
7. Why do Berg, Truscott, and Van Arken decide to go after Tyson instead of the enlisted men?
8. Describe the situation that Picard shares with Ben Tyson as an example of one of Picard's "bad light" experiences.
9. How much money does Tyson's military attorney agree to represent Tyson for?
10. After leaving Picard's house, Ben almost loses his life. What happens?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)