|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson goes to visit Andrew Picard, who does Tyson discover has also been to see Picard?
(a) Melinda Tyson.
(b) Marcy Tyson.
(c) Karen Harper.
(d) Cliff Watson.
2. Who does the government decide to put in charge of the investigation against Tyson?
(a) Major Van Arken.
(b) Major Harper.
(c) Major Berg.
(d) Major Truscott.
3. How did Tyson try to comfort the mother of the only man in his platoon to die inside the hospital?
(a) With a phone call.
(b) With a personal visit.
(c) With a letter.
(d) With a photograph.
4. When Tyson recalls his second meeting with Sister Teresa, what Christmas gift did he give her?
5. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, who was tending to him?
(a) Daniel Kelly.
(b) Richard Farley.
(c) Steven Brandt.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
2. What is the name of the witness from Tyson's platoon who turns up dead after the investigation begins?
3. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his son doing?
4. On the military base, who is Tyson's immediate supervisor?
5. Where is Ben Tyson when he sees a book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tyson and Marcy go to the officer's club to have dinner, why is Tyson rude to the person he introduces to Marcy?
2. Why do Berg, Truscott, and Van Arken decide to go after Tyson instead of the enlisted men?
3. Why was Tyson not reassigned in Vietnam like he was supposed to be?
4. According to what Tyson confides to Levin during their meeting, how did Tyson come to feel during his time in Vietnam?
5. After hearing the charges against him, what fact does Tyson point out that makes him feel that charges should never have been filed?
6. How does the Lieutenant Colonel try to comfort Tyson when Tyson objects to the travel restriction?
7. Ben and Marcy meet with Levin after Levin has read Harper's official report. Based on that report, what does Levin share with Ben and Marcy?
8. According to what Picard tells Ben Tyson, why does Picard confide that he probably should not have used the chapter about the hospital massacre?
9. Why does Tyson excuse himself from the officer's club while he is dining with Marcy to meet a man outside?
10. According to Tyson, it was standard practice in Vietnam that an officer had some enemy weapons to turn in with bodies of innocent civilians killed. Why?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)