|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson goes to visit Andrew Picard, who does Tyson discover has also been to see Picard?
(a) Cliff Watson.
(b) Marcy Tyson.
(c) Karen Harper.
(d) Melinda Tyson.
2. What was An Ninh Ha?
(a) A nun.
(b) An enemy soldier.
(c) The hospital's name.
(d) A suburb of Hue.
3. After Tyson's platoon pulled back after being pinned down by enemy fire, where did the platoon meet up with a larger platoon?
(a) At the border.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) At a medic tent.
(d) At a hospital.
4. What is Tyson doing when Major Harper shows up on the military base?
(a) Cooking lunch.
(b) Checking in books.
(c) Giving a tour.
(d) Taking dictation.
5. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An office building.
(c) A bank.
(d) A morgue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the sources cited by Andrew Picard for his book?
2. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
3. What is the name of the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country?
4. What is the name of the witness from Tyson's platoon who turns up dead after the investigation begins?
5. According to the restrictions placed upon Tyson when he reaches the base, how far from the base is he allowed to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyson refuse to call for those members of his platoon who are still alive to come to his defense?
2. When Tyson meets with the man who quietly suggests that Tyson leave the country, how does that meeting end?
3. Ben and Marcy meet with Levin after Levin has read Harper's official report. Based on that report, what does Levin share with Ben and Marcy?
4. Why do Berg, Truscott, and Van Arken decide to go after Tyson instead of the enlisted men?
5. When Tyson's platoon was pinned down by enemy fire, what did Tyson realize would offer his platoon a chance to escape?
6. List the three qualifications held by the person selected to lead the Tyson investigation for the government.
7. According to the book about the events in Vietnam, why was an Australian killed?
8. When Tyson tells Marcy that they need a new car, why does Marcy tell him the car purchase is unwise?
9. According to Levin, why will Tyson be held to a higher standard for his actions in Vietnam than others will be?
10. According to what Tyson confides to Levin during their meeting, how did Tyson come to feel during his time in Vietnam?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)