|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book that details the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Allan Picard.
(b) Alex Picard.
(c) Andrew Picard.
(d) Adam Picard.
2. On the military base, who is Tyson's immediate supervisor?
(a) Dr. Mortimer.
(b) Dr. Levin.
(c) Dr. Russell.
(d) Dr. Laramie.
3. Which of the men attending the jurisdictional meeting parts with an admonition to remember the potential penalties that Tyson and his men are facing?
(a) Herbert Swenson.
(b) Fraser Duncan.
(c) Thomas Berg.
(d) William Van Arken.
4. According to the charges brought against Tyson, how many "Caucasians" is Tyson accused of murdering?
5. According to Tyson, what was the alleged hospital building lacking?
(a) Translated identification.
(b) Adequate parking.
(c) A blue medic symbol.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ben Tyson when he sees a book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
2. What is the name of the officer who greets Tyson when he arrives at the military base?
3. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
4. How does David spend most of his time at the summer cottage?
5. What does Levin advise Tyson to tell the court martial panel that he was surrounded by in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ben and Marcy meet with Levin after Levin has read Harper's official report. Based on that report, what does Levin share with Ben and Marcy?
2. According to the book about the events in Vietnam, why was an Australian killed?
3. Why does Tyson excuse himself from the officer's club while he is dining with Marcy to meet a man outside?
4. According to Tyson, it was standard practice in Vietnam that an officer had some enemy weapons to turn in with bodies of innocent civilians killed. Why?
5. As Ben Tyson sees the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam, what does Tyson suddenly realize?
6. Why do the charges against Tyson make a distinction between Orientals and Caucasians?
7. After leaving Picard's house, Ben almost loses his life. What happens?
8. Why does Tyson object to the radius in which Tyson's travel is restricted to while he lives on the military base?
9. When Tyson tells Marcy that they need a new car, why does Marcy tell him the car purchase is unwise?
10. When Tyson and his wife attend a party, what new feeling does Tyson experience at the party?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)