|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the testimony of the first witness to take the stand at the court martial characterized?
(d) Easy to understand.
2. In an effort to protect her from publicity surrounding the hospital massacre, who sequestered Teresa in Vietnam?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Vietnamese government.
(d) The village children.
3. When the court martial trial breaks for lunch, Tyson returns to the officer's quarters assigned to Corva, and Tyson is surprised by what he sees in Corva's room. What does Tyson see?
(a) Papers regarding the trial all over the room.
(b) Papers regarding the death penalty all over the room.
(c) Papers regarding the Vietnam War all over the room.
(d) Papers regarding the prosecuting attorney all over the room.
4. Where is the court martial trial held?
(a) On the Army base.
(b) In a conference room.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In a church.
5. How does Tyson characterize the entire court martial proceedings?
(a) As stressful.
(b) As unbelievable.
(c) As comical.
(d) As surreal.
6. According to the testimony given, where did the platoon sit down and decide what story they would all hold to regarding the events at the hospital?
(a) In a small bunker.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a jungle.
(d) In a prison cell.
7. At the time of the court martial, what field does Louis Kalane work in?
8. In the hospital in Hue, who eventually pistol whipped Tyson in an effort to remove him from a dangerous situation, and ultimately saved Tyson's life?
(a) Daniel Kelly.
(b) Richard Farley.
(c) Steven Brandt.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
9. What does the trial's first witness admit under oath regarding Tyson's mental state in Vietnam?
(a) Tyson seemed frightened of his men.
(b) Tyson seemed out of control.
(c) Tyson seemed enraged at his men.
(d) Tyson seemed calm and collected.
10. According to Brandt's testimony, who was responsible for shooting Cane through the heart?
(a) Daniel Kelly.
(b) Ben Tyson.
(c) A sniper.
(d) A citizen.
11. According to Corva, what is the name of the JAG representative taking over for Harper?
(a) General Hayes.
(b) General Crane.
(c) General Gilmer.
(d) General Milligan.
12. How many of the panelists vote not guilty?
13. As the platoon members began to agree on the details of the story that they would all stick to, how many men do they say were hit by sniper fire as the platoon approached the building?
14. Who finally locates several members of Tyson's old platoon, according to Corva?
(a) The Army.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The IRS.
15. When Corva returns to the conference room, which witness proposes a toast to the dead, but admits that he can't remember the names of the dead?
(a) Richard Farley.
(b) Louis Kalane.
(c) Tony Scorello.
(d) Hernando Beltran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notably absent from the charges against Tyson?
2. How many members sit on the panel that serves as the jury for the court martial trial?
3. When the first witness is called at the trial, what does Corva have to decide?
4. When Corva returns to the conference room, which witness admits that he carries the murders of the nuns on his soul?
5. In the hospital in Hue, who shot the woman who was carrying an infant?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)