|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corva first tells Tyson about the witnesses who will testify on Tyson's behalf, what does Corva question about these men?
(a) Their loyalty.
(b) Their truthfulness.
(c) Their motives.
(d) Their ambition.
2. According to military law, how many votes taken when the panel is deliberating can be made by secret ballot?
(b) All of them.
(d) None of them.
3. At the time of the court martial, what field does Louis Kalane work in?
4. How many members sit on the panel that serves as the jury for the court martial trial?
5. How many of the panelists vote not guilty?
6. What does the trial's first witness admit under oath regarding Tyson's mental state in Vietnam?
(a) Tyson seemed enraged at his men.
(b) Tyson seemed calm and collected.
(c) Tyson seemed out of control.
(d) Tyson seemed frightened of his men.
7. According to what Corva tells Tyson, how many cases has Corva's opposing counsel won?
(a) More than he's lost.
(b) All of them.
(c) A few of them.
(d) None of them.
8. According to the trial's first witness, what did Tyson and four men do at the burial mound?
(a) Rescue the enemy soldiers.
(b) Kill the Vietnamese.
(c) Strip search the Vietnamese.
(d) Kill one of their platoon members.
9. According to Corva's story about one of his other clients, why did the sharpshooter kill those people?
(a) His car broke down.
(b) His watch was fast.
(c) His wife provoked him.
(d) His temper was hot.
10. At the time of the court martial, who has become a successful Miami businessman?
(a) Lawrence Crane.
(b) Lee Walker.
(c) Richard Farley.
(d) Hernando Beltran.
11. According to Tyson, who taught Tyson to be loyal?
(a) The church.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Army.
12. When the court martial trial breaks for lunch, Tyson returns to the officer's quarters assigned to Corva, and Tyson is surprised by what he sees in Corva's room. What does Tyson see?
(a) Papers regarding the prosecuting attorney all over the room.
(b) Papers regarding the Vietnam War all over the room.
(c) Papers regarding the death penalty all over the room.
(d) Papers regarding the trial all over the room.
13. In the hospital in Hue, who shot a man who actually made it out of the hospital alive?
(a) Lee Walker.
(b) Richard Farley.
(c) Hernando Beltran.
(d) Lawrence Crane.
14. As Tyson and Corva enter the room where the hearing is to be held, who asks Tyson to clear up the details surrounding Larry Cane's death?
(a) Daniel Kelly.
(b) Karen Harper.
(c) Vincent Corva.
(d) Andrew Picard.
15. According to the prosecutor's opening statement, what does the prosecution NOT have to do?
(a) Prove Tyson ordered his men.
(b) Prove Tyson is culpable.
(c) Prove Tyson is responsible.
(d) Prove Tyson pulled the trigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tyson and Corva arrive for the court martial hearing, Corva sends Tyson into their conference room alone. What excuse does Corva give for sending Tyson in alone?
2. As Tyson and his platoon left the hospital after the massacre, who asked Tyson where the platoon was now headed?
3. Which member of the panel do Tyson and Corva elect to eliminate from the panel?
4. When Corva returns to the conference room, which witness admits that he carries the murders of the nuns on his soul?
5. Who is the first person to take the stand during the initial hearing?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)