|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country tell Tyson he should go?
2. Where is the cottage that Tyson rents for the summer located?
(a) Sag Harbor.
(b) Cape Cod.
(c) Saginaw Island.
(d) Hilton Head.
3. On the second meeting between Sister Teresa and Tyson, where did Tyson drive Sister Teresa to?
(a) The Joan of Arc Church.
(b) The hospital in Hue.
(c) To Major Harper's office.
(d) To the US Army base.
4. What is the name of the book detailing the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) "Hue: Dreams Shattered".
(b) "Hue: Death of a City".
(c) "Hue: The Color of Greed".
(d) "Hue: Ruthless American Action".
5. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what words are included that Tyson believes could be extremely damaging at trial?
6. Where is Ben Tyson when he sees a book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a plane.
(c) On a bus.
(d) In a taxi.
7. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
(a) The rules of engagement Harper was given.
(b) The rules of engagement Levin was given.
(c) The rules of engagement Brandt was given.
(d) The rules of engagement Tyson was given.
8. According to the charges brought against Tyson, how many "Caucasians" is Tyson accused of murdering?
9. How did the only member of Tyson's platoon to be killed in the hospital massacre die?
(a) Shot in the head.
(b) Stabbed in the neck.
(c) Shot through the heart.
(d) Stabbed in the stomach.
10. What is the name of Ben Tyson's wife?
11. According to the noted military law professor, who must be called into account before lieutenants can be court-martialed?
12. What is the name of one of the sources cited by Andrew Picard for his book?
(a) Richard Farley.
(b) Phillip Sloan.
(c) Daniel Kelly.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
13. Marcy tells Ben that she bought a new car. What kind of car does she say she bought?
(a) A Mercedes.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Saturn.
14. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
15. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his wife doing?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Dining out with a friend.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Reading a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wounded American soldiers were brought into the building that Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
2. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
3. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what does he see that the doctor who treated him noted in his file that Tyson could not tolerate?
4. Who is the Army's Judge Advocate General?
5. When Tyson recalls his second meeting with Sister Teresa, what Christmas gift did he give her?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)