|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson's wife arrives home the day Tyson first learns of the book, what does Tyson's wife find him doing?
2. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, what did he remember the person attending him writing on his forehead?
3. Which of the men attending the jurisdictional meeting parts with an admonition to remember the potential penalties that Tyson and his men are facing?
(a) Fraser Duncan.
(b) Thomas Berg.
(c) William Van Arken.
(d) Herbert Swenson.
4. On what day did the fateful attack in Vietnam involving Tyson's platoon take place?
(a) April 15.
(b) January 15.
(c) February 15.
(d) March 15.
5. When Harper shows up on the military base, she tells Tyson that there is enough evidence to convene the court martial. What does Harper fear?
(a) That Tyson will be found guilty.
(b) That Tyson's rights have been violated.
(c) That Tyson will not survive until the hearing.
(d) That Tyson will not get a fair hearing.
6. Who was responsible for killing the only member of Tyson's platoon who died in the hospital massacre?
(a) Ben Tyson.
(b) Steven Brandt.
(c) Richard Farley.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
7. How many wounded American soldiers were brought into the building that Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
8. What is Tranquility?
(a) A recreational vehicle.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A semi truck.
(d) A cabin cruiser.
9. How does David spend most of his time at the summer cottage?
(a) Watching television.
10. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
11. According to Tyson's military attorney, it is always a bad idea to cross-examine who?
(a) A witness.
(b) A nun.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A liar.
12. How long does it take for Tyson and his wife to consider the public's perception before undertaking any activity?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
13. How many unnamed sources does the author of the book about Tyson's platoon cite as his sources of information?
14. How did the only member of Tyson's platoon to be killed in the hospital massacre die?
(a) Shot in the head.
(b) Stabbed in the neck.
(c) Shot through the heart.
(d) Stabbed in the stomach.
15. After the charges are filed, Tyson has new restrictions placed upon him. What is NOT one of the restrictions Tyson must now adhere to?
(a) Tyson must check in with Levin daily.
(b) Tyson must not leave the base.
(c) Tyson cannot work at the museum.
(d) Tyson cannot have any visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Tyson goes outside to meet, while having dinner with Marcy?
2. What happens when the fight outside the officer's club is broken up?
3. What is the name of one of the sources cited by Andrew Picard for his book?
4. What is the name of the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country?
5. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)