|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson's wife arrives home the day Tyson first learns of the book, what does Tyson's wife find him doing?
2. What is the name of the man Tyson goes outside to meet, while having dinner with Marcy?
(a) Wally Jamison.
(b) Wally Johnson.
(c) Wally Jefferies.
(d) Wally Jones.
3. In Vietnam, when Tyson and his platoon came across civilians digging in the ground, what were the civilians doing?
(a) Burying dead enemy soldiers.
(b) Digging irrigation ditches.
(c) Hiding treasures.
(d) Burying dead animals.
4. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his wife doing?
(a) Dining out with a friend.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Reading a book.
5. When Tyson and Marcy go to the officer's club to have dinner, who does the person Tyson introduces to his wife claim to be?
(a) A Methodist minister.
(b) A Baptist chaplain.
(c) A Vietnam veteran.
(d) A special investigator.
6. What is the name of the military base that Tyson reports to?
(a) Fort Benjamin.
(b) Fort Hamilton.
(c) Fort Washington.
(d) Fort Hood.
7. When Marcy and Ben talk after Ben returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor, what does Marcy want Ben to do?
(a) Flee the country.
(b) Give a public interview.
(c) Find a new attorney.
(d) Call David for dinner.
8. Who is the author of the book that details the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Alex Picard.
(b) Adam Picard.
(c) Allan Picard.
(d) Andrew Picard.
9. On what day did the fateful attack in Vietnam involving Tyson's platoon take place?
(a) February 15.
(b) April 15.
(c) January 15.
(d) March 15.
10. In the second interview with the government investigator, who does Tyson admit to knowing prior to the events at the hospital?
(a) Sister Nancy.
(b) Sister Mary.
(c) Sister Teresa.
(d) Sister Maria.
11. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his son doing?
(b) Necking with a girl.
(c) Talking on the phone.
12. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what words are included that Tyson believes could be extremely damaging at trial?
13. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what does he see that the doctor who treated him noted in his file that Tyson could not tolerate?
14. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
15. After Tyson leaves the cottage and returns to work in the city, Marcy calls Ben. What does Ben tell Marcy?
(a) He's been recalled to the military.
(b) He misses her.
(c) He will be indicted for murder.
(d) He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the hospital massacre's only survivor?
2. Who attends the meeting regarding the jurisdiction of Tyson's case from the Secretary of the Army's office?
3. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
4. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, where does Ben want to send David?
5. What is Tyson doing when Major Harper shows up on the military base?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)