|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
2. What does Levin advise Tyson to tell the court martial panel that he was surrounded by in Vietnam?
(a) Enemy soldiers.
3. When Harper shows up on the military base, she tells Tyson that there is enough evidence to convene the court martial. What does Harper fear?
(a) That Tyson will not get a fair hearing.
(b) That Tyson's rights have been violated.
(c) That Tyson will not survive until the hearing.
(d) That Tyson will be found guilty.
4. What is Ben Tyson's job?
(a) A corporate executive.
(b) An insurance salesman.
(c) A corporate trainer.
(d) A banker.
5. Just before Harper leaves the military base after visiting with Tyson, what does she suggest that Tyson do?
(a) Say good-bye to his wife.
(b) Flee the country.
(c) Plan for a guilty verdict.
(d) Hire a military attorney.
6. When Tyson goes to visit Andrew Picard, who does Tyson discover has also been to see Picard?
(a) Cliff Watson.
(b) Marcy Tyson.
(c) Melinda Tyson.
(d) Karen Harper.
7. Where do Tyson's employers tell him that they would like to have him work?
(a) In Madrid.
(b) In Beijing.
(c) In Berlin.
(d) In Tokyo.
8. According to the charges brought against Tyson, how many "Caucasians" is Tyson accused of murdering?
9. What is the name of Ben Tyson's son?
10. What happens when the fight outside the officer's club is broken up?
(a) Tyson is taken back inside the officer's club.
(b) Tyson is shot.
(c) Tyson is laughed at.
(d) Tyson is forced into a car.
11. What was An Ninh Ha?
(a) The hospital's name.
(b) An enemy soldier.
(c) A suburb of Hue.
(d) A nun.
12. What does Tyson do after leaving Picard's house?
(a) Goes to visit Harper.
(b) Goes for a swim.
(c) Buys a present for his wife.
(d) Closes his bank account.
13. What is the name of the officer who greets Tyson when he arrives at the military base?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Landry.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Levin.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Leemer.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Larson.
14. Who was the hospital massacre's only survivor?
(a) Sister Teresa.
(b) Sister Maria.
(c) Sister Mary.
(d) Sister Nancy.
15. How does David spend most of his time at the summer cottage?
(c) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Army's Judge Advocate General?
2. What is the name of the attorney Tyson meets with after first seeing the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
3. Where is Ben Tyson when he sees a book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
4. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
5. Who does the government decide to put in charge of the investigation against Tyson?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)