|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the military base, who is Tyson's immediate supervisor?
(a) Dr. Levin.
(b) Dr. Laramie.
(c) Dr. Russell.
(d) Dr. Mortimer.
2. What trials was the noted military law professor involved in?
(a) The Nuremberg trials.
(b) The Hue trials.
(c) The Hindenberg trials.
(d) The Hitler trials.
3. Where do Tyson's employers tell him that they would like to have him work?
(a) In Berlin.
(b) In Beijing.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Madrid.
4. Where is the cottage that Tyson rents for the summer located?
(a) Hilton Head.
(b) Sag Harbor.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) Saginaw Island.
5. While having dinner with Marcy, who does Tyson go outside to meet?
(a) A witness.
(b) A spy.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A government investigator.
6. What is the name of Ben Tyson's son?
7. Who was the only member of Tyson's platoon to die inside the hospital during the massacre?
(a) Steven Brandt.
(b) Lawrence Cane.
(c) Richard Farley.
(d) Donald Harper.
8. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
(a) The rules of engagement Harper was given.
(b) The rules of engagement Tyson was given.
(c) The rules of engagement Levin was given.
(d) The rules of engagement Brandt was given.
9. According to Tyson, what was the alleged hospital building lacking?
(a) Translated identification.
(b) Adequate parking.
(c) A Red Cross flag.
(d) A blue medic symbol.
10. What is the name of the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country?
(a) David Tyson.
(b) Russ Berg.
(c) Phillip Sloan.
(d) Chet Brown.
11. On what day did the fateful attack in Vietnam involving Tyson's platoon take place?
(a) April 15.
(b) January 15.
(c) March 15.
(d) February 15.
12. What is the name of the noted military law professor that the government's team consults?
(a) Colonel Hickman.
(b) Colonel Horton.
(c) Colonel Harper.
(d) Colonel Helney.
13. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, who does Ben want to send David to live with?
(a) David's grandmother.
(b) David's sister.
(c) David's aunt.
(d) David's uncle.
14. How does David spend most of his time at the summer cottage?
(b) Watching television.
15. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what words are included that Tyson believes could be extremely damaging at trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the noted military law professor, who must be called into account before lieutenants can be court-martialed?
2. Where does the second interview between Tyson and the government's investigator take place?
3. Who attends the meeting regarding the jurisdiction of Tyson's case from the Secretary of the Army's office?
4. When Tyson goes home to tie up some loose ends, he calls Marcy. What does he tell Marcy he wants?
5. What does Harper ask Tyson to plead guilty to?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)