|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson arrives at his office after seeing the book for the first time, what does Tyson have his secretary do?
(a) Call his wife.
(b) Cancel his appointments.
(c) Call the newspaper.
(d) Obtain a copy of the book.
2. Marcy tells Ben that she bought a new car. What kind of car does she say she bought?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Saturn.
(d) A Jeep.
3. After hearing the new restrictions placed upon Tyson as a result of the charges being filed, what does Tyson do after leaving Levin's office?
(a) Goes to the museum.
(b) Has a visitor.
(c) Leaves the base.
(d) Calls Marcy.
4. Where does the second interview between Tyson and the government's investigator take place?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what words are included that Tyson believes could be extremely damaging at trial?
6. How did Tyson try to comfort the mother of the only man in his platoon to die inside the hospital?
(a) With a photograph.
(b) With a personal visit.
(c) With a letter.
(d) With a phone call.
7. Where does the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country tell Tyson he should go?
8. Which of the men attending the jurisdictional meeting parts with an admonition to remember the potential penalties that Tyson and his men are facing?
(a) William Van Arken.
(b) Fraser Duncan.
(c) Herbert Swenson.
(d) Thomas Berg.
9. When Harper shows up on the military base, she tells Tyson that there is enough evidence to convene the court martial. What does Harper fear?
(a) That Tyson will not survive until the hearing.
(b) That Tyson will be found guilty.
(c) That Tyson will not get a fair hearing.
(d) That Tyson's rights have been violated.
10. What is the name of the man Tyson goes outside to meet, while having dinner with Marcy?
(a) Wally Jones.
(b) Wally Jamison.
(c) Wally Johnson.
(d) Wally Jefferies.
11. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, what did he remember the person attending him writing on his forehead?
12. What is the name of the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country?
(a) David Tyson.
(b) Phillip Sloan.
(c) Chet Brown.
(d) Russ Berg.
13. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, who was tending to him?
(a) Lawrence Cane.
(b) Richard Farley.
(c) Steven Brandt.
(d) Daniel Kelly.
14. What is the name of the attorney Tyson meets with after first seeing the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Phillip Slater.
(b) Phillip Stone.
(c) Phillip Sloan.
(d) Phillip Sutter.
15. How is the greeting Tyson receives at the military base characterized?
(a) As harried.
(b) As rude.
(c) As friendly.
(d) As congenial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyson do after leaving Picard's house?
2. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
3. On what day did the fateful attack in Vietnam involving Tyson's platoon take place?
4. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
5. On the second meeting between Sister Teresa and Tyson, where did Tyson drive Sister Teresa to?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)