|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Vietnam, when Tyson and his platoon came across civilians digging in the ground, what were the civilians doing?
(a) Digging irrigation ditches.
(b) Burying dead animals.
(c) Hiding treasures.
(d) Burying dead enemy soldiers.
2. What is the name of one of the sources cited by Andrew Picard for his book?
(a) Richard Farley.
(b) Phillip Sloan.
(c) Daniel Kelly.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
3. When Tyson goes home to tie up some loose ends, he calls Marcy. What does he tell Marcy he wants?
(a) A boat.
(b) A baby.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A kitten.
4. What is the name of the man Tyson goes outside to meet, while having dinner with Marcy?
(a) Wally Jefferies.
(b) Wally Jamison.
(c) Wally Johnson.
(d) Wally Jones.
5. What is the name of Ben Tyson's wife?
6. When Tyson is leaving his house, what does his limousine driver tell him?
(a) Tyson is a good man.
(b) Tyson is a fool.
(c) They are not going back to the base.
(d) They are being followed.
7. When Tyson left Sister Teresa at the end of their second meeting, what did Tyson agree to do for the next day's children's party?
(a) Offer the blessing.
(b) Dress up as Santa.
(c) Serve the meal.
(d) Play the piano.
8. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what does he see that the doctor who treated him noted in his file that Tyson could not tolerate?
9. How long does it take for Tyson and his wife to consider the public's perception before undertaking any activity?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
10. Where does the second interview between Tyson and the government's investigator take place?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
11. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
(a) A bank.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A morgue.
(d) An office building.
12. How is the greeting Tyson receives at the military base characterized?
(a) As congenial.
(b) As friendly.
(c) As rude.
(d) As harried.
13. What is the name of the book detailing the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) "Hue: Death of a City".
(b) "Hue: Dreams Shattered".
(c) "Hue: The Color of Greed".
(d) "Hue: Ruthless American Action".
14. On what date was Ben Tyson supposed to have been reassigned while serving his country in Vietnam?
(a) March 15.
(b) February 3.
(c) December 4.
(d) January 30.
15. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
(a) The rules of engagement Levin was given.
(b) The rules of engagement Harper was given.
(c) The rules of engagement Brandt was given.
(d) The rules of engagement Tyson was given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who greets Tyson when he arrives at the military base?
2. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
3. After the charges are filed, Tyson has new restrictions placed upon him. What is NOT one of the restrictions Tyson must now adhere to?
4. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what words are included that Tyson believes could be extremely damaging at trial?
5. How did Tyson try to comfort the mother of the only man in his platoon to die inside the hospital?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)