|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his wife doing?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Dining out with a friend.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Reading a book.
2. Where do Tyson's employers tell him that they would like to have him work?
(a) In Beijing.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Madrid.
3. Who is the presidential aide that attends the meeting regarding the jurisdiction of Tyson's case?
(a) William Van Arken.
(b) Thomas Berg.
(c) Fraser Duncan.
(d) Herbert Swenson.
4. What is the name of the witness from Tyson's platoon who turns up dead after the investigation begins?
(a) Martin Levin.
(b) Chet Brown.
(c) Keith Overbrook.
(d) Harold Simcox.
5. Just before Harper leaves the military base after visiting with Tyson, what does she suggest that Tyson do?
(a) Flee the country.
(b) Plan for a guilty verdict.
(c) Say good-bye to his wife.
(d) Hire a military attorney.
6. How is the greeting Tyson receives at the military base characterized?
(a) As rude.
(b) As harried.
(c) As friendly.
(d) As congenial.
7. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
8. When Tyson goes home to tie up some loose ends, he calls Marcy. What does he tell Marcy he wants?
(a) A baby.
(b) A boat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A motorcycle.
9. According to the restrictions placed upon Tyson when he reaches the base, how far from the base is he allowed to travel?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Fifty miles.
(d) Ten miles.
10. In Vietnam, when Tyson and his platoon came across civilians digging in the ground, what were the civilians doing?
(a) Burying dead animals.
(b) Burying dead enemy soldiers.
(c) Digging irrigation ditches.
(d) Hiding treasures.
11. How many wounded American soldiers were brought into the building that Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
12. What was hanging out of one of the windows of the building Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
(a) A white sheet.
(b) A Red Cross flag.
(c) An American flag.
(d) An enemy banner.
13. What happens when the fight outside the officer's club is broken up?
(a) Tyson is shot.
(b) Tyson is taken back inside the officer's club.
(c) Tyson is laughed at.
(d) Tyson is forced into a car.
14. When Tyson goes home, what does he discover?
(a) Someone has gone through his home.
(b) Someone has kidnapped his son.
(c) Someone has burned down his home.
(d) Someone has stolen his car.
15. What type of building did Tyson's platoon attack, according to the book?
(a) A morgue.
(b) An office building.
(c) A bank.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tyson arrives at his office after seeing the book for the first time, what does Tyson have his secretary do?
2. According to Tyson's military attorney, it is always a bad idea to cross-examine who?
3. Who does the government decide to put in charge of the investigation against Tyson?
4. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, who was tending to him?
5. What is the name of the officer who greets Tyson when he arrives at the military base?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)