|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson goes home, what does he discover?
(a) Someone has kidnapped his son.
(b) Someone has stolen his car.
(c) Someone has gone through his home.
(d) Someone has burned down his home.
2. On the second meeting between Sister Teresa and Tyson, where did Tyson drive Sister Teresa to?
(a) To the US Army base.
(b) The Joan of Arc Church.
(c) The hospital in Hue.
(d) To Major Harper's office.
3. According to Tyson's military attorney, it is always a bad idea to cross-examine who?
(a) A witness.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A liar.
(d) A nun.
4. What is the name of the book detailing the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) "Hue: The Color of Greed".
(b) "Hue: Dreams Shattered".
(c) "Hue: Death of a City".
(d) "Hue: Ruthless American Action".
5. What is the name of Ben Tyson's son?
6. What was An Ninh Ha?
(a) An enemy soldier.
(b) A nun.
(c) The hospital's name.
(d) A suburb of Hue.
7. What does Levin advise Tyson to tell the court martial panel that he was surrounded by in Vietnam?
(d) Enemy soldiers.
8. What was hanging out of one of the windows of the building Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
(a) An enemy banner.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) An American flag.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
9. In the second interview with the government investigator, who does Tyson admit to knowing prior to the events at the hospital?
(a) Sister Nancy.
(b) Sister Maria.
(c) Sister Teresa.
(d) Sister Mary.
10. What does Harper ask Tyson to plead guilty to?
11. Where does the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country tell Tyson he should go?
12. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
13. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what does he see that the doctor who treated him noted in his file that Tyson could not tolerate?
14. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
(a) The rules of engagement Brandt was given.
(b) The rules of engagement Tyson was given.
(c) The rules of engagement Harper was given.
(d) The rules of engagement Levin was given.
15. When Tyson goes to visit Andrew Picard, who does Tyson discover has also been to see Picard?
(a) Marcy Tyson.
(b) Melinda Tyson.
(c) Cliff Watson.
(d) Karen Harper.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the military base, who is Tyson's immediate supervisor?
2. According to the charges brought against Tyson, how many "Caucasians" is Tyson accused of murdering?
3. What is the name of the military base that Tyson reports to?
4. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his wife doing?
5. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)