|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was responsible for killing the only member of Tyson's platoon who died in the hospital massacre?
(a) Steven Brandt.
(b) Lawrence Cane.
(c) Richard Farley.
(d) Ben Tyson.
2. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, who does Ben want to send David to live with?
(a) David's sister.
(b) David's grandmother.
(c) David's aunt.
(d) David's uncle.
3. Which of the men attending the jurisdictional meeting parts with an admonition to remember the potential penalties that Tyson and his men are facing?
(a) Herbert Swenson.
(b) Fraser Duncan.
(c) Thomas Berg.
(d) William Van Arken.
4. As Tyson re-reads his military log's final entries, what words are included that Tyson believes could be extremely damaging at trial?
5. What happens when the fight outside the officer's club is broken up?
(a) Tyson is taken back inside the officer's club.
(b) Tyson is forced into a car.
(c) Tyson is shot.
(d) Tyson is laughed at.
6. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his son doing?
(c) Necking with a girl.
(d) Talking on the phone.
7. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
(a) The rules of engagement Harper was given.
(b) The rules of engagement Tyson was given.
(c) The rules of engagement Levin was given.
(d) The rules of engagement Brandt was given.
8. How does David spend most of his time at the summer cottage?
(d) Watching television.
9. What is the name of the officer who greets Tyson when he arrives at the military base?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Landry.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Levin.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Leemer.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Larson.
10. After Tyson's platoon pulled back after being pinned down by enemy fire, where did the platoon meet up with a larger platoon?
(a) At the border.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) At a medic tent.
11. When Tyson recalls his second meeting with Sister Teresa, what Christmas gift did he give her?
12. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, who was tending to him?
(a) Richard Farley.
(b) Daniel Kelly.
(c) Steven Brandt.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
13. When Tyson and Marcy go to the officer's club to have dinner, who does Tyson introduce Marcy to?
(a) Kendrick Oakton.
(b) Kenneth Overland.
(c) Keith Overbrook.
(d) Kennard Oakes.
14. When Tyson goes home, what does he discover?
(a) Someone has burned down his home.
(b) Someone has stolen his car.
(c) Someone has kidnapped his son.
(d) Someone has gone through his home.
15. What is the name of Ben Tyson's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the noted military law professor, who must be called into account before lieutenants can be court-martialed?
2. How many unnamed sources does the author of the book about Tyson's platoon cite as his sources of information?
3. When Tyson begins to beat up the man he goes outside the officer's club to meet, who breaks up the fight?
4. What does Levin advise Tyson to tell the court martial panel that he was surrounded by in Vietnam?
5. What is the name of the witness from Tyson's platoon who turns up dead after the investigation begins?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)