|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson recalls his second meeting with Sister Teresa, what Christmas gift did he give her?
2. Who attends the meeting regarding the jurisdiction of Tyson's case from the Secretary of the Army's office?
(a) Thomas Berg.
(b) William Van Arken.
(c) Herbert Swenson.
(d) Fraser Duncan.
3. When Marcy and Ben talk after Ben returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor, what does Marcy want Ben to do?
(a) Call David for dinner.
(b) Flee the country.
(c) Find a new attorney.
(d) Give a public interview.
4. What are the enlisted men offered in exchange for their testimony against Tyson?
(a) 2-5 years.
(b) Community service.
5. According to the restrictions placed upon Tyson when he reaches the base, how far from the base is he allowed to travel?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) One hundred miles.
(d) Fifty miles.
6. What is the name of the attorney Tyson meets with after first seeing the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Phillip Stone.
(b) Phillip Sutter.
(c) Phillip Sloan.
(d) Phillip Slater.
7. Who was the hospital massacre's only survivor?
(a) Sister Teresa.
(b) Sister Nancy.
(c) Sister Maria.
(d) Sister Mary.
8. How does David spend most of his time at the summer cottage?
(c) Watching television.
9. What is Tyson doing when Major Harper shows up on the military base?
(a) Giving a tour.
(b) Taking dictation.
(c) Cooking lunch.
(d) Checking in books.
10. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Tyson almost told the truth to about the events in Vietnam?
(a) Dr. Hue.
(b) Dr. Stahl.
(c) Dr. Ramsey.
(d) Dr. Mayne.
11. What is the name of the military base that Tyson reports to?
(a) Fort Hamilton.
(b) Fort Benjamin.
(c) Fort Hood.
(d) Fort Washington.
12. What does Harper ask Tyson to plead guilty to?
13. Who does the government decide to put in charge of the investigation against Tyson?
(a) Major Harper.
(b) Major Berg.
(c) Major Van Arken.
(d) Major Truscott.
14. On the second meeting between Sister Teresa and Tyson, where did Tyson drive Sister Teresa to?
(a) To the US Army base.
(b) To Major Harper's office.
(c) The hospital in Hue.
(d) The Joan of Arc Church.
15. According to the noted military law professor, who must be called into account before lieutenants can be court-martialed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the cottage that Tyson rents for the summer located?
2. Just before Harper leaves the military base after visiting with Tyson, what does she suggest that Tyson do?
3. What is the potentially worst punishment that Tyson and his men could be facing, pending the trial's outcome?
4. What is the name of Ben Tyson's son?
5. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, what did he remember the person attending him writing on his forehead?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)