|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the men attending the jurisdictional meeting parts with an admonition to remember the potential penalties that Tyson and his men are facing?
(a) Fraser Duncan.
(b) Herbert Swenson.
(c) Thomas Berg.
(d) William Van Arken.
2. Where is the cottage that Tyson rents for the summer located?
(a) Hilton Head.
(b) Sag Harbor.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) Saginaw Island.
3. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
4. Where is Ben Tyson when he sees a book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a plane.
(c) On a train.
(d) In a taxi.
5. On the military base, who is Tyson's immediate supervisor?
(a) Dr. Russell.
(b) Dr. Mortimer.
(c) Dr. Levin.
(d) Dr. Laramie.
6. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, where does Ben want to send David?
(a) To New Mexico.
(b) To Virginia.
(c) To Minnesota.
(d) To Florida.
7. Who is the Army's Judge Advocate General?
(a) William Van Arken.
(b) Herbert Swenson.
(c) Fraser Duncan.
(d) Thomas Berg.
8. On the second meeting between Sister Teresa and Tyson, where did Tyson drive Sister Teresa to?
(a) The hospital in Hue.
(b) To the US Army base.
(c) The Joan of Arc Church.
(d) To Major Harper's office.
9. How many unnamed sources does the author of the book about Tyson's platoon cite as his sources of information?
10. According to the charges brought against Tyson, how many "Orientals" is Tyson accused of murdering?
11. When Tyson goes home to tie up some loose ends, he calls Marcy. What does he tell Marcy he wants?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A boat.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A baby.
12. What is the name of the attorney Tyson meets with after first seeing the book detailing the activities of his platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Phillip Slater.
(b) Phillip Sloan.
(c) Phillip Sutter.
(d) Phillip Stone.
13. When Tyson goes home, what does he discover?
(a) Someone has kidnapped his son.
(b) Someone has stolen his car.
(c) Someone has gone through his home.
(d) Someone has burned down his home.
14. When Tyson arrives at his office after seeing the book for the first time, what does Tyson have his secretary do?
(a) Call the newspaper.
(b) Cancel his appointments.
(c) Obtain a copy of the book.
(d) Call his wife.
15. Where does the man who quietly suggests that Tyson should leave the country tell Tyson he should go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levin tell Tyson is his "ticket out" of the court martial?
2. What kind of platoon was Tyson's platoon?
3. When Marcy and Ben talk after Ben returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor, what does Marcy want Ben to do?
4. When Tyson recalls his second meeting with Sister Teresa, what Christmas gift did he give her?
5. When Tyson begins to beat up the man he goes outside the officer's club to meet, who breaks up the fight?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)