|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Tyson remembers back to the day of his injury, what did he remember the person attending him writing on his forehead?
2. What is Tyson doing when Major Harper shows up on the military base?
(a) Giving a tour.
(b) Taking dictation.
(c) Checking in books.
(d) Cooking lunch.
3. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Tyson almost told the truth to about the events in Vietnam?
(a) Dr. Stahl.
(b) Dr. Hue.
(c) Dr. Mayne.
(d) Dr. Ramsey.
4. When Tyson's wife arrives home the day Tyson first learns of the book, what does Tyson's wife find him doing?
5. Who is the aide to the Secretary of Defense?
(a) Herbert Swenson.
(b) Thomas Berg.
(c) Fraser Duncan.
(d) William Van Arken.
6. What is the name of Ben Tyson's wife?
7. When Harper shows up on the military base, she tells Tyson that there is enough evidence to convene the court martial. What does Harper fear?
(a) That Tyson will not get a fair hearing.
(b) That Tyson will be found guilty.
(c) That Tyson's rights have been violated.
(d) That Tyson will not survive until the hearing.
8. Marcy tells Ben that she bought a new car. What kind of car does she say she bought?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Saturn.
(d) A Mercedes.
9. Who is the author of the book that details the activities of Tyson's platoon in Vietnam?
(a) Allan Picard.
(b) Andrew Picard.
(c) Alex Picard.
(d) Adam Picard.
10. What does Tyson do after leaving Picard's house?
(a) Goes to visit Harper.
(b) Buys a present for his wife.
(c) Goes for a swim.
(d) Closes his bank account.
11. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his wife doing?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Dining out with a friend.
12. Who was the only member of Tyson's platoon to die inside the hospital during the massacre?
(a) Richard Farley.
(b) Steven Brandt.
(c) Donald Harper.
(d) Lawrence Cane.
13. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
14. What was hanging out of one of the windows of the building Tyson's platoon attacked, according to the book?
(a) A Red Cross flag.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) An enemy banner.
(d) An American flag.
15. Who is the presidential aide that attends the meeting regarding the jurisdiction of Tyson's case?
(a) Thomas Berg.
(b) William Van Arken.
(c) Fraser Duncan.
(d) Herbert Swenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tyson goes home to tie up some loose ends, he calls Marcy. What does he tell Marcy he wants?
2. How many men from Tyson's platoon are still in the military?
3. After his initial interview with the government's investigator, where does Tyson travel to?
4. When Marcy and Ben discuss where David should go to school, where does Ben want to send David?
5. How did the only member of Tyson's platoon to be killed in the hospital massacre die?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)