|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tyson's wife arrives home the day Tyson first learns of the book, what does Tyson's wife find him doing?
2. Who was the hospital massacre's only survivor?
(a) Sister Maria.
(b) Sister Mary.
(c) Sister Teresa.
(d) Sister Nancy.
3. According to Tyson, what was the alleged hospital building lacking?
(a) A blue medic symbol.
(b) Translated identification.
(c) Adequate parking.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
4. What does Tyson do after leaving Picard's house?
(a) Goes to visit Harper.
(b) Goes for a swim.
(c) Closes his bank account.
(d) Buys a present for his wife.
5. When Tyson returns to the cottage in Sag Harbor after visiting Picard, what is his son doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(d) Necking with a girl.
6. What is the name of the military base that Tyson reports to?
(a) Fort Washington.
(b) Fort Benjamin.
(c) Fort Hamilton.
(d) Fort Hood.
7. What is the potentially worst punishment that Tyson and his men could be facing, pending the trial's outcome?
(b) Life imprisonment.
(c) Death by lethal injection.
(d) Death by firing squad.
8. What does Levin advise Tyson to tell the court martial panel that he was surrounded by in Vietnam?
(c) Enemy soldiers.
9. After hearing the new restrictions placed upon Tyson as a result of the charges being filed, what does Tyson do after leaving Levin's office?
(a) Calls Marcy.
(b) Has a visitor.
(c) Leaves the base.
(d) Goes to the museum.
10. Who agrees to represent Ben Tyson at his court martial?
(a) Vincent Corva.
(b) Keith Overbrook.
(c) Karen Harper.
(d) Chet Brown.
11. In Vietnam, when Tyson and his platoon came across civilians digging in the ground, what were the civilians doing?
(a) Digging irrigation ditches.
(b) Burying dead animals.
(c) Burying dead enemy soldiers.
(d) Hiding treasures.
12. In the second interview with the government investigator, who does Tyson admit to knowing prior to the events at the hospital?
(a) Sister Teresa.
(b) Sister Nancy.
(c) Sister Mary.
(d) Sister Maria.
13. When Tyson and Marcy go to the officer's club to have dinner, who does Tyson introduce Marcy to?
(a) Kenneth Overland.
(b) Kennard Oakes.
(c) Kendrick Oakton.
(d) Keith Overbrook.
14. How did the only member of Tyson's platoon to be killed in the hospital massacre die?
(a) Stabbed in the stomach.
(b) Stabbed in the neck.
(c) Shot in the head.
(d) Shot through the heart.
15. On the military base, what is Tyson's assigned position?
(a) An assistant librarian.
(b) An assistant special aide.
(c) An assistant museum curator.
(d) An assistant cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tyson's platoon pulled back after being pinned down by enemy fire, where did the platoon meet up with a larger platoon?
2. When did Tyson originally sign the military oath that Levin assures him is still valid for his court martial?
3. What is the name of the man Tyson goes outside to meet, while having dinner with Marcy?
4. When Tyson arrives at his office after seeing the book for the first time, what does Tyson have his secretary do?
5. What does Harper ask Tyson to plead guilty to?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)