|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Auntie Yee marry when she was twelve?
(d) Silk factory manager.
2. What was Lin's father's job before his death?
(c) High government official in Canton.
(d) Army general.
3. How does Pei feel when she first enters the silk factory's open room?
(a) As if she were suffocating.
4. What kind of sandals does Lin give Pei?
5. What did Mei-li miss at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Her favorite show.
(b) Seeing Lin's mother.
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room did Pei begin in when she first started working at the silk factory?
2. What kind of flowers did Pei pick while walking with her father in Chapter 2?
3. What was the weather the day of Chen Ling's hairdressing ceremony?
4. Where did Lin go before the hairdressing ceremony?
5. Why were the girls given a day off from the silk factory at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pei's first impression of the sisters' house where she and Lin go to live?
2. What is Pei's reaction to the silk factory?
3. Describe Pei's experience on the boat to Canton with Lin.
4. How does Pei feel she is treated differently after her hairdressing ceremony?
5. Describe Pei's journey with her father.
6. Describe the hairdressing ceremony.
7. Describe the city of Yung Kee.
8. Why does Yu-sung feel she has lost all her children?
9. What story does Lin tell Pei about her family?
10. How do the monsoon rains affect the silk girls?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)