|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Su-lung live?
(a) A boarding house across town.
(b) At home with her family.
(d) At the boarding house with Pei.
2. How many sets of clothes did Pei have growing up?
3. What color armbands did the silk girls wear the day of Mei-li's burial?
4. Who did Auntie Yee love more than anyone when she was a child?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
5. What did Pei's mother make her for breakfast in Chapter 2?
(c) Tea and cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the red-and-black book for that Kung Ma keeps in the top drawer of her bureau?
2. How was Lin educated as a child?
3. Where are Ming and Chen Ling moving to?
4. Who stays at Auntie Yee's boarding house?
5. What color uniforms do the Chinese soldiers wear at the docks in Canton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pei learn about from Sui Ying?
2. Does Chen Ling have a following of girls at the boarding house?
3. What is the relationship between Moi and Auntie Yee?
4. What was Kung Ma's marriage like?
5. How does Pei know it is the right decision for her to join the sisterhood with Lin?
6. What is a hairdressing ceremony?
7. How do the monsoon rains affect the silk girls?
8. Why does Pao decide to send Pei to work in the silk trade?
9. Who is Sui Ying?
10. Why does Mei-li feel comforted by the Pearl River?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)