1. Why is Pei waiting impatiently for her mother at the beginning of the novel?
Her mother is having a baby.
2. What does Pei like to look at in her childhood home when she needs comfort?
3. How old was Yu-sung when she married?
4. What did Yu-sung's arranged marriage lack?
5. What tribe is Pao descended from?
6. What are the physical characteristics of the tribe that Pao descends from?
Tall with flat facial features.
7. What kind of farm does Pao have?
Mulberry bushes and fish ponds.
8. What was Yu-sung accustomed to in her childhood home?
Cleanliness and a few high-quality items.
This section contains 4,110 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)