|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many workers gathered at the sisters' home the night before the protest?
(b) Over a hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
2. What does the cocoon feel like that Pei picks up from the spinning table on her first day at the factory?
(a) Light and fragile.
3. What does Hong clutch under his arm in Chapter 7?
(d) Lunch bag.
4. How was Lin educated as a child?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Private tutor.
(d) Public school.
5. What does Pao say months of fear about losing Yu-sung has done to him?
(a) Furrowed his brow with worry lines.
(b) Turned him into an old man.
(c) Turned his hair gray.
(d) Made him lose his appetite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Auntie Yee proud?
2. What does Pei decide she must do after Mei-li's death?
3. Why did Auntie Yee feel unsettled in Chapter 5?
4. What did many people disapprove of about the way Lin's father dressed?
5. What color uniforms do the Chinese soldiers wear at the docks in Canton?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)