|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Ming and Chen Ling moving to?
(a) Their families.
(b) Chen Ling's father's house.
(c) Sisters' house.
(d) A hotel.
2. What does Mei-li say about Hong's hands?
(a) They are cut up.
(b) He is missing his left pinky.
(c) They are the hands of a scholar.
(d) The are short and stubby.
3. Why did Auntie Yee feel unsettled in Chapter 5?
(a) She is worrying about Mei-li.
(b) Moi is talking too much.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She has too much to do and not enough time to do it.
4. What did Auntie Yee get in the habit of doing in Chapter 5?
(a) Sweeping the front porch.
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Opening the front door and checking the sky.
(d) Being critical of the girls.
5. What does Chen Ling call Auntie Yee?
(a) Second mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moi serve to Mei-li's parents?
2. Who helps Lin and Pei into the sedan chair when they leave Lin's family's house to return to Yung Kee?
3. How does Yu-sung describe Pei when she returns to her parents' home?
4. What does Mei-li's father want her to do?
5. What does Pei say about Ho Yung, Lin's youngest brother?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)