|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age is the girl taken to the mountains of the white tigers?
2. How does the woman kill the baron of her village?
(a) She leads him to run off a cliff.
(b) She distracts him and cuts off his head.
(c) She sends her army after him.
(d) She poisons his dinner in his hut.
3. In No Name Woman, who is telling the story?
(a) The aunt.
(b) The mother.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The author.
4. Where does Maxine attend college in the sixties?
5. For what reason does the woman hide from battle?
(a) To visit her parents.
(b) To tend to her husband.
(c) To give birth.
(d) To avoid a particular enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Maxine's aunt's baby?
2. When Maxine's father leaves China, who goes with him?
3. Why does Maxine feel her aunt's ghost is suffering?
4. What does Maxine's aunt do after delivering her baby?
5. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think the narrator's aunt was a victim or an adultress? Explain why or why not.
2. What happens to the baron's family after the woman beheads the baron?
3. Why does the narrator always add the word "brother" to boys' names?
4. In "White Tigers," who does the woman feel is riding with her while she is with her army?
5. Does the narrator's aunt haunt the narrator in this first section of the novel?
6. What does speaking American feminine mean to the narrator?
7. How does the title of the section, "Shaman," relate to the stories told in the section?
8. When does the narrator throw temper tantrums?
9. Why doesn't the narrator visit her parents often?
10. How does Moon Orchid's husband react when he sees her?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)