1. What story does the narrator's mother tell at the beginning of the novel?
2. Describe one possibility the narrator considers to explain how her aunt may have become pregnant.
3. What are two of the three Chinese customs the narrator comments on after pondering how her aunt became pregnant?
4. Why does the narrator always add the word "brother" to boys' names?
5. According to the narrator, does the narrator's aunt ever say who impregnated her?
This section contains 2,237 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)