1. In what decade did Maxine's father leave China?
2. When Maxine's father leaves China, what country does he go to?
3. What is the main reason Maxine's mother likes to tell stores?
To warn her children about life.
4. When Maxine's father leaves China, who goes with him?
The other men in his family.
5. What happens to Maxine's aunt the night her baby is due?
The villagers raid her home.
6. According to Chinese custom, where would Maxine's mother and aunt have lived after their husbands left?
With their in-laws.
This section contains 4,494 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)