Short Answer Key
No Name Woman
1. In what decade did Maxine's father leave China?
2. When Maxine's father leaves China, what country does he go to?
3. What is the main reason Maxine's mother likes to tell stores?
To warn her children about life.
4. When Maxine's father leaves China, who goes with him?
The other men in his family.
5. What happens to Maxine's aunt the night her baby is due?
The villagers raid her home.
6. According to Chinese custom, where would Maxine's mother and aunt have lived after their husbands left?
With their in-laws.
7. Where does Maxine's aunt deliver her baby?
In the pigsty.
8. What does Maxine's aunt do after delivering her baby?
She throws herself and her baby down the well.
9. Who is the father of Maxine's aunt's baby?
The narrator does not know.
10. How many children were in Maxine's...
This section contains 2,455 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)