|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Song for a Barbarian Reed Pipe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Maxine always add to boys' names?
2. What does immigration ask Maxine's mother about the narrator's father?
(a) His birthdate.
(b) When he left for America.
(c) Did he serve in the war.
(d) When he cut off his pigtail.
3. What do the traditional Chinese stories, like those told by Maxine's mother, teach Chinese girls they can be?
(a) Students and wise women.
(b) Wives and mothers.
(c) Storytellers and soothsayers.
(d) Heroines and swordswomen.
4. Why is Maxine fired from her job at the land developer's association?
(a) She refuses to type invitations.
(b) She refuses to marry her boss.
(c) She refuses to answer the phones.
(d) She refuses to paint with a certain color.
5. How do Brave Orchid and Moon Orchid get Moon Orchid's husband to come outside of his building?
(a) They pretend they are important clients who will not enter the building.
(b) They send Brave Orchid's daughter inside to get him.
(c) They pretend a woman has broken her leg in the street.
(d) They send him a message to tell him they are outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Brave Orchid examine the slave girls for?
2. While with her army, what does the woman do at night?
3. For how many years is Maxine's mother at medical school?
4. What religion is Crazy Mary converted to?
5. What gift does Moon Orchid bring for Brave Orchid?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)